• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] AMD Radeon 300 Series Pricing Leaked

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Pricing on AMD’s entire range of upcoming Radeon 300 series graphics cards has been leaked and it’s surprisingly higher than the 200 series. This is especially surprising considering that the entire 300 series is rumored to be based on enhanced versions of existing 200 series GPUs. Except for the flagship Fury X and Fury cards which are reportedly based on Fiji XT and Fiji Pro.

R9 390X 8GB Grenada $499
R9 390 8GB Grenada $419
R9 380 4GB Tonga $279
R9 380 2GB Tonga $249
R7 370 4GB Curacao/Pitcairn $209
R7 370 2GB Curacao/Pitcairn $179
R7 360 2GB Bonaire $139

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-300-series-pricing-leaked-expensive-200-series/#ixzz3c6d3ug1H

Price slash me if old

looks too reasonable.

AMD prices has always been "reasonable", in fact on average they had been always cheaper than Nvidia. The problem is the tradeoff in software (number of releases of drivers per year, time needed to release optimizations for a new game, etc)

Nachtmaer

I think these are the same that have been floating around for a few days now. If those prices for the 390s are correct, they possibly can't be straight up Hawaii rebrands.

Durante

I think these are the same that have been floating around for a few days now. If those prices for the 390s are correct, they possibly can't be straight up Hawaii rebrands.
Yeah, it's strange, they wouldn't try to sell a rebranded 290x for $500 (I hope).

Nachtmaer

So what exactly is the 390/390x Greneda? Hawaii Refresh?

No one really knows for sure. Some think it's just a slightly higher clocked Hawaii, some think it's a similar, but tweaked version that's being made at GF instead of TSMC. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
looks too reasonable. Was there no relabel planned for the 290/290x?

what are you talking about? prices are too high. Even the article says they're surprisingly high compared to the previous ones.

And these don't use HBM at all. They are based on the old tech.

Pretty sure the 980ti wrecks the 390x. Its the AMD Fury X thats supposed to be the competitor of the 980ti / Titan X

No one really knows for sure. Some think it's just a slightly higher clocked Hawaii, some think it's a similar, but tweaked version that's being made at GF instead of TSMC. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Well... I'm officially confused. Those top prices seem very high if this is just rebranding and higher clocking.

Bl@de

You are aware that these are just renamed 2xx'es, not the HBM cards?

If it's a rebrand ... why is the 390X so expensive? A 8GB 290X is around 400€ right now (including tax and shipping). What is the 390X based on?

DSix

Banned
Welp... Now I'm officially waiting for 14nm. Rebrands from one side and huge prices from the others, no thank you.

lyrick

Wouldn't the 380X be the rebranded 290X, and the 390X be new Architecture?

I see the Grenada may be rebranded Hawaii or its replacement? Either way, these rumors seem to be stepping all over their own feet with conflicting information (even from the same site.)

Seanspeed

Banned
That's be the first anybody had heard about that.

And if the 380X is a rebranded 290X, what is the 380? A rebranded 290, but with only 2GB?

None of this makes ANY sense. I wouldn't trust it.

Business

I see the Grenada may be rebranded Hawaii or it's replacment? Either way, these rumors seem to be stepping all over their own feet with conflicting information (even from the same site.)

I was under the same impression, but I've been a bit disconnected from AMD's news the last few days. Wasn't the 380x the rebranded 290x and the 390 was the HBM? Then the 8gb 390x doesn't make sense though considering the 4gb HBM limit.

R9 380 4GB Tonga $279

No way that card is as fast as the 970 right?

God...if it is, and it's heat is around the same level and it can go in my Node 304 without me having to do water cooling...I'll be an AMD bitch.

DBT85

I'll wait for the press releases and the benchmarks. We don't even know yet what each of the cards will be, whether the HBM cards will indeed come under the legacy Fury name (I had a Rage Fury Maxx!) or anything else.

idlewild_

I was under the same impression, but I've been a bit disconnected from AMD's news the last few days. Wasn't the 380x the rebranded 290x and the 390 was the HBM? Then the 8gb 390x doesn't make sense though considering the 4gb HBM limit.

The rumor is that the HBM cards will be called 'R9 Fury' instead of numbered cards.

That's be the first anybody had heard about that.

The latest rumors are AMD are making a Titan equivalent of their own which will be the Radeon Fury and will feature HBM. So the 390 will be a 290 rebrand and so on.

Urthor

Maybe because it is PC based, and any misinformation fallout doesn't have the same impact as something like DualShockers?

Regardless this still a very typical WCCTech shot in the dark, a 50/50 call where they feel the need to protest their credibility in the article. The site is not known for any sort of reliability.

BPoole

Hmm, I could probably sell my current card for around $200, so getting a 390x for $300 wouldn't be too bad

mario_O

The latest rumors are AMD are making a Titan equivalent of their own which will be the Radeon Fury and will feature HBM. So the 390 will be a 290 rebrand and so on.

But the 290x with 8GB of RAM is $420. Rebranding it and charching $500 would be ridiculous.

Nachtmaer

But the 290x with 8GB of RAM is $420. Rebranding it and charching $500 would be ridiculous.

This is why a lot of people are confused. Like you said, AMD would be insane to rebrand their existing chips (at similar performance levels) and price them higher. Either these rumored prices are bullshit or we're actually dealing with a new chip that's able to outperform the 290s.

I don't see why one thing imply the other. Not using HBM doesn't mean the design is going to be the same. For example, the gps of the last ten years didn't use HBM but that doesn't mean the architecture is the same, each generation family improved over the previous one.

wccftech took it from SweClockers (who I don't know how reputable are). Originally this was from a Chinese forum post I think.

I never said these prices are true.

I don't see why one thing imply the other. Not using HBM doesn't mean the design is going to be the same. For example, the gps of the last ten years didn't use HBM but that doesn't mean the architecture is the same, each generation family improved over the previous one.

I'm just relying the rumors. R9 300 series up to 390, then R9 Fury based on Fiji.

Nikodemos

AMD really needs to ditch old chips like GCN 1.0. It creates user confusion regarding supported instruction sets (which translate into confusion as to why their 'new' card performs poorly in newer games). Pitcairn/Curacao should go away. It has existed for long enough (7850/7870), anyway.

Bashtee

They are either heavily overclocked or the architecture got an upgrade. I believe it's the latter, they had some serious trouble keeping the clocks up with their reference cooler.

Top Bottom