• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] DriveClub Sold 1 Million Units In First Week, Outsold Forza Horizon 2 By 2:1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerTapTap

So is insiderp more or less trustworthy than Patcher? I guess a random number generator is more trustworthy than Patcher...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
who are insiderp? not saying they are legit but are we just discreditting them based on their name alone?

The site is banned for a reason. Just look at this nonsensical rambling, for instance:

UPDATE 1 , June 10,2014: As expected, Destiny was downgraded to achieve 1080p resolution on Xbox One . Remember the initial e3,2013 reveal ? The game was running on PS4 @60fps/1080p. As of right now, PS4 version is also running at 1080p/30fps, but the game now looks more like an updated Borderlands 2. The Kinect unplugging didn't unlock any free GPU power. The resources have already been reserved for Xbox One's OS', and the Kinect detachment is nothing more than a preposterous marketing ploy to force "parity clause".

"Parity Clause" is now the cancer of the gaming world. Watchdogs , a game which was running at 1080p,30fps - 40 fps on PS4 last year, was downgraded for "parity's " sake on SONY's console. The game was initially running at 720p on Xbox One and the developers decided to "up" the resolution to 792p by forfeiting some graphical effects. This stance from the developers was unjustified by the game sales . Watchdogs went on to sell 2.1 million copies on PS4 and just 700,000 copies on Xbox One in the first week of its launch. Now it seems atleast 2 major upcoming multiplatform titles are being downgraded for Xbox One . Both these titles were running at full 1080p on PS4. Just like Watchdogs, the games are now expected to run at 900p on PS4 and 792p/720p on Xbox One. We would seriously suggest SONY to put an injunction on the developers . Most of the publishers are making the bulk of their revenues on SONY's platform but would gleefully downgrade the PS4 version for "parity clause" of the Xbox One version. As of right now, games like Destiny and Metal Gear Solid : Phantom Pain are running at full HD on PS4 and just 720p on Xbox One.

It reads like a teen's stream of consciousness. Oh, and also relevant:

For the millionth time don't use insiderp.

bombshell

"over 70% of game's sales came via digital transactions and over 70% of game's sale came from Europe"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, everyone rushed out to buy the grossly overpriced EU digital version.

Digital is way cheaper than retail in mainland EU, if you're a PS+ member.

Jack cw

Its unpolished game with way less content than the competition. (I don't own it, reading through impression from people on GAF and reviews).

It's a polished game with great core racing gameplay and brilliant visuals that focuses on less is more. The server situation sucks though, but that doesnt change the fact that it's a fantastic arcady racer.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
when most users have PS+, and the PS+ upgrade price is lower than any retail prices, it shouldn't be that surprising that most sales were via digital

Nzyme32

Even if there was a reliable source for this - why does it matter? The install bases already have a such large margin between them that any such comparison isn't a reflection of the games themselves on an even playing field. Not to mention the different audiences there may be on each system. It feels like click bait or just another reasons for a gloating about x platform better than y to massage the ego of those who put so much stock into it. Meaningless to me

Why would this be surprising though? PS4 install base is much larger.

Driveclub selling 1 million itself isn't surprising, racing is huge in europe. All Sony WWS games broke +1 million units (even Knack).

Problem is insiderp is pulling numbers from their ass.

sam777

Why exactly is that?

Online is broken and many people from Europe would have known that due to it being released in N.A first, yet they still bought it. Imagine if this was a MS, EA or Ubisoft game that released in such a poor way. Also the game seems low on content.

Imouto

Banned
Its unpolished game with way less content than the competition. (I don't own it, reading through impression from people on GAF and reviews).

When racing game isn't all about racing game anymore, that would be the sad day for gaming.

T.O.P

Banned
It seems the customers have given a befitting reply to some unjustified Drive Club reviews, spearheaded by the anti-SONY brigade of Gamespot and co.

trustworthy site this one

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The future. That website looks like it was designed in the 90's.

otxpd.gif

lol Insiderp
The digital breakdown could be pretty close though.

"over 70% of game's sales came via digital transactions and over 70% of game's sale came from Europe"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, everyone rushed out to buy the grossly overpriced EU digital version.

Haha what? Even in Australia it was way lower than most retail copies! Not sure where you are getting your information from, Insiderp by chance? ;)

Mogwai

"Oh shoot. There's trouble with the free version of DriveClub. Fuck it, I'll just buy the retail version now!"

I think not. Middle finger to you Sony or Evolution or whoever made that mess.

iceatcs

Too quick, to count the real sales take quite long time.
Number of day one shipment can be counted quickly.

Theecliff

Banned
insiderp, LOL

I think the majority of sales for this are going to be digital seeing as the PS+ version is cheaper than retail, so I don't expect the physical version to do particularly good numbers.

Mar Nosso

Banned
All these attacks on DriveClub are making me actually want to buy it. The most level-headed opinions usually point to it being a fun arcade racer with exceedingly good visuals. Right up my alley then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom