• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: E3 2019 plans leaked - Dino Crisis reboot and Splinter Cell happening

MDSLKTR

T-rex with feathers looks badass and so did others dinos though:
Documentary-reveals-what-the-Tyrannosaurus-Rex-really-looked-like.png

20150503_130721.jpg

T-Rex-rendering.jpg

sk-2017_04_article_main_mobile;jpeg_quality=20.jpg

And considering all of the misinformation and outright evolution denialism about, we need them to be actually portrayed as looking as real as we know they were.

Also we need to finally stop confusing raptors with Deinonychus:
deinonychus_antirrhopus_for_wikipedia_by_fredthedinosaurman_dbq2u96-pre.jpg
I don't want my dinosaures to look like my balls

V4skunk

Banned
This is a pretty odd thing to say. Have you played DC before? It doesn't share the same gameplay or layout as MH in any way, shape or form. MH is about going out on various missions on open maps and finding a specific target to get better gear. Dino Crisis is just like RE where a player advances through the game paying attention to their health and ammo supplies looking for items that will allow them to unlock the way forward till they reach the end of the game.
Dino Crisis is likely to have more open map design, like Monster Hunter.
The dinosaurs will be made with every thing learned from the Monster Hunter series, like ai etc...
I will be disappointed if Dino Crisis is a RE2 clone.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Dino Crisis - a horror game with elements of action: Yes

Dino Crisis - an action game with elements of horror: No
Now that RE went back to it's horror roots Dino Crisis would most certainly go a more action oriented way. It wouldn't even be bad if done right tbh. With today's controls a I couldn't image a horror game with Dinosaurs anyway. How'd that even look?

Splinter Cell -- if it's like the original Xbox/PS2 games -- would be awesome. I don't care about the story but the gameplay was always really enjoyable. I don't feel as though Ubisoft retained the proper talent to revive the series, but I'm willing to be impressed. We'll see.

Dino Crisis? Who cares. I don't understand the obsession with these old CAPCOM adventure/horror games when their fighting game franchises are languishing (Red Earth? Rival Schools? Darkstalkers?).

Arachnid

The load I have been collectively building up since 2014 for a new Splinter Cell is ginormous. I'll make the Tsar Bomba look like a Catherine wheel in comparison.
I've been hyping myself for years too. Still, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 5 times...

The next Splinter Cell will be just like Ghost Recon: Wildlands..

.. Trash.
Unless it's made by UbiToronto again, who made Rainbow Six Siege and For Honor.

On the other hand, they also made the last 3 Far Cry's (not really bad games, but nothing to be excited about either).

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Now that RE went back to it's horror roots Dino Crisis would most certainly go a more action oriented way. It wouldn't even be bad if done right tbh. With today's controls a I couldn't image a horror game with Dinosaurs anyway. How'd that even look?
This is my problem with fully 3D FPS/TPS action oriented games nowadays. They all feel so similar but with a different clothing (better or worse) and I consider RE2 Remake action oriented. A horror game with dinosaurs can be done but it is not going to satisfy everyone. If you give it a proper pacing, moody music, ammunition limits, etc.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
This is my problem with fully 3D FPS/TPS action oriented games nowadays. They all feel so similar but with a different clothing (better or worse) and I consider RE2 Remake action oriented. A horror game with dinosaurs can be done but it is not going to satisfy everyone. If you give it a proper pacing, moody music, ammunition limits, etc.
I really don‘t know mate. The horror aspect of the original Dino Crisis depended heavily on it‘s camera and controls - and you just can‘t do that any more. Capcom could heavily limit the ammo but I not sure enough people would play a survival game like that.

Michele

you.
Ugh, another leak, and of course it must come from a user Resetera...

I mean, personally, I wouldn't mind potential leaks, but i don't like that site at all. Anyone have similar preferences?

molasar

Banned
I really don‘t know mate. The horror aspect of the original Dino Crisis depended heavily on it‘s camera and controls - and you just can‘t do that any more. Capcom could heavily limit the ammo but I not sure enough people would play a survival game like that.
It is OK. Whichever route Capcom chooses for DC, I am/we are not forced to purchase it in the end.

chigstoke

It shouldn't be rocket science to understand a lot of fans want what made Chaos Theory so good.
Strong linear gameplay with alternative routes, banter with Sam and whoever is on the comms to him, same type of gameplay and a fun plot (The Ark, Smallpox, Otomo etc...). Fuck it, retcon everything after Chaos Theory if they have to, if it meant bringing back the gang for one last run out. Come on Ubi FFS.

Foxbat

Banned
T-rex with feathers looks badass and so did others dinos though:
Documentary-reveals-what-the-Tyrannosaurus-Rex-really-looked-like.png

20150503_130721.jpg

T-Rex-rendering.jpg

sk-2017_04_article_main_mobile;jpeg_quality=20.jpg

And considering all of the misinformation and outright evolution denialism about, we need them to be actually portrayed as looking as real as we know they were.

Also we need to finally stop confusing raptors with Deinonychus:
deinonychus_antirrhopus_for_wikipedia_by_fredthedinosaurman_dbq2u96-pre.jpg

But the T-Rex didn't have feathers. In order to have evolution denialism, there must first be proof that the T-Rex had feathers. I'm not aware of any at least.

I do agree with you regarding MANY other dinosaurs though. There is a ton of misperception out there... Especially in video games.

PaulBizkit

It's impossible for me to care less for a splinter cell/fable game

Now with that out of the way. ALRIGHT, DINO CRISIS!!! And Rare making a new game? Too good to be true! :)

Aggelos

Guys, only time will tell what the other game that Jun Takeuchi teased is going to be.
Is it going to be RE3Remake? Dino Crisis reboot?
Definitely going to have a heart-attack if Dino Crisis 4 trailer pops up.

Jun Takeuchi is the head of Capcom Development Division 1 (where RE7, RE2Remake and DMC5 were made)
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/company/officer02.html

https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/capcom-jun-takeuchi-teases-unannounced-project/

https://wccftech.com/capcom-produce...-will-make-fans-think-wow-theyre-making-that/

https://www.siliconera.com/2018/12/...rst-division-changes-with-hints-at-new-title/

Q: May I ask as to the plans of Development Division 1 from now on?

Takeuchi : Our first priority is to get RE2Remake and DMC5 out there in the market to everyone. From there onwards, how we will proceed will be defined by the feedback that we receive from our customers and userbase. It is going to be for us a careful listening of comments and remarks such as "It would be great if you did that", "We would really love to see this" etc. We are presently honing our skills and pushing the envelope in terms of what we can actualize and substantiate as developers, since I think that when we are to talk about the next RE game and anything else it should mark the era of a complete overhaul. Then again, currently we have been working on another game that will take people aback and make them jump off their seats by surprise thinking "What? They're making that one?"

They actually teased Dino Crisis back in Dec 2017 on their official twitter account.
They said that they might bring it back, if there was considerable demand for the Dino Crisis series.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Yes, lots of people have been asking for Dino Crisis to come back over the years.

agreed. When asking about reboots, remakes etc, lots of us actually stated that IP. For good reason. Looking at RE2 remake, its clear over the shoulder can work with the older IP concept (something many of us for years have been saying) thus could work with Dino Crisis too. It could work and I'm excited to see that fancy RE Engine at work again lol

Hudo

So, we're getting a new Dino Crisis before Mega Man Legends 3.... I mean, that's awesome for all the Dino Crisis fans and I am happy for all of you. But it still hurts..

I know DC has its fanbase but I really dont see that big of a sale for this game. It was always considered RE2 with dinosaurs, I just dont think its even close to being populara as RE2 to make them money. Splinter Cell on the other hand, hell yeah, gimme that stealth spread.

Thatkidgabara

Neo Member
It may be dead Rising 5 that they are working on capcom gave the AX to the old dev's last year I believe and said that there Making it in house from here on.

Dabaus

Banned
This leak, if its even true, is probably only part of what MS has to show, not the whole show itself. Im sure MS will have a plethora of Multi platform games presented in such a way to make the audience believe they are exclusive, glimpses of first party games years out, and a tease for next gen. Overall i think it will be MS's best e3 this generation but with them being the only dog on the block this year that should be expected. Things that would raise an eyebrow would be any 3rd party ps4 exclusives jumping ship or call of duty/destiny marketing deals going with MS this go around.

Last edited:

GermanZepp

i played half of the first one and i finished the second, great games I don't know why but dinosaurs fucking scared me real good

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Fuk Dinosaurs. Give me a time machine i'll go back in time and royally fuck their shit up they'd wish they were extinct. Ban all Dinosaurs.

I'll be half happy if they do remake it, but with that said, Regina could have saved Dylan and Paula in a new game that doesn't ignore the story that Capcom built upon.

Armorian

Banned
DC1 is my favorite game on PSX, I was playing some pirated japanese version with english dubbing in 2001 - amazing experience of having to figure out everything on my own. I completed it multiple times and saw all endings :)

I would love to see remake on RE engine.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
I know DC has its fanbase but I really dont see that big of a sale for this game. It was always considered RE2 with dinosaurs, I just dont think its even close to being populara as RE2 to make them money. Splinter Cell on the other hand, hell yeah, gimme that stealth spread.

It doesn't have to be. It only needs cool looking dino action. That's it, actually. People don't like dinosaurs, they loved dinosaurs. With how incredibly well tje Jurassic World movies have performed at the BO, you'd have to have lived under a rock for the past few years not to have noticed.

Nobody thought Monster Hunter would make a dent either, but here we are, 10 mill copies later. Monsyers are cool, dinosaurs are cool, and with the right kind of gale and marketing it could be the next best seller from Capcom.

I'd be happy for other Capcom fans to have a remake being announced at E3 this summer, but at the same time, it would be sad to know that Dino Stalker was the only real sequel of sorts to Dino Crisis 2 (although it was a shooting game that didn't have Regina at all). Just feels too cliffhanger-ish for them to reboot the whole thing now, and after so many years, even if the "dinosaurs in space" related third entry was indeed, horrendously awful.

I'd still like to see it continued rather than being outright remade. If you know what I mean. If they did remake it, I'm worried that it will be generic as all hell.

Top Bottom