• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: GTA V vehicle list leaked

Small list.

In the end we will only be driving around 5 or 6 cars and bikes but the less diversity in cars means more NPC's driving in the same one's and that is something I always disliked and immediately puts me out of the game.

Jac_Solar

If they're going for a very detailed game world that is filled with content, which I think is very likely, it probably won't be large -- it most likely won't be large enough to let players fly around in fast planes, atleast.

I think people expect enviroments to be more interactive/reactive to gameplay mechanics/player, like perhaps climbing to some extent, picking random stuff up, moving random stuff around, or perhaps even the use of gadgets like hookshoting a rope ontop of a building, then climbing up, etc. And certainly people will expect some fully modelled buildings that you are able to explore.

They need to do something along those lines, or it'll just be more of the same. I wouldn't really mind San Andreas with modern graphics set in a slightly different gameworld, though.

If they're going for a very detailed game world that is filled with content, which I think is very likely, it probably won't be large -- it most likely won't be large enough to let players fly around in fast planes, atleast.

They need to do something along those lines, or it'll just be more of the same. I wouldn't really mind San Andreas with modern graphics set in a slightly different gameworld, though.

I agree with the person in this thread who believes San Fierro (San Francisco) is too grandiose to be done properly with that level of detail.

Btw, for those who quizzed snow in LA...

800px-LA_Skyline_Mountains2.jpg

Muffdraul

Btw, for those who quizzed snow in LA...

I'm from LA and I have to wonder if that photo is not entirely untouched. There are plenty of snowy mountains in SoCal, but I don't think I've ever seen a view like that of LA proper, mountains towering over the city. I could be wrong of course, wouldn't be the first time someone failed to notice something obvious in the place they've lived for decades. Maybe it's all down to the camera angle/lens/f-stop/whatever.

EDIT: Co-worker says it was probably taken from a particular park near LAX with a telephoto lens. Huh.

Goldrusher

I'm from LA and I have to wonder if that photo is not entirely untouched. There are plenty of snowy mountains in SoCal, but I don't think I've ever seen a view like that of LA proper, mountains towering over the city. I could be wrong of course, wouldn't be the first time someone failed to notice something obvious in the place they've lived for decades. Maybe it's all down to the camera angle/lens/f-stop/whatever.

EDIT: Co-worker says it was probably taken from a particular park near LAX with a telephoto lens. Huh.
Looks like that particular photo was taken from Kenneth Hahn Park in Baldwin Hills.
On a really, really, really clear day.

Similar photo:

090209_6460_la_skylinrrxvn.jpg

No zoom:

090209_6516_la_skylin2axbz.jpg

source:
http://stormbruiser.com/chase/2009/02/12/february-9-2009-los-angeles-and-san-gabriel-mountains-snow/

UrbanRats

Those mountains look pretty far though, how much are they going to include?
Even considering the reduced scale, in proportion, i mean.

Those mountains look pretty far though, how much are they going to include?
Even considering the reduced scale, in proportion, i mean.
The GTA universe is not known for accurate portrayal of cities. After all, we are talking about a fictitious city. In GTA SA, once you got to the Hollywood Hills, everything was countryside. R* probaby have more flexibility this time since the map will be bigger and the area represented will be smaller.

Digishine

Banned
yNvsW.jpg

some easter egg in Max Payne 3 show some planes of GTA V

The second picture on the right looks like the same one in the GTA V trailer.

IMACOMPUTA

Indeed.

GTA IV driving is awesome, has that right blend of weight versus handling to flip cars around and make them fun to drive.

Absolutely agree with this. The driving is something you really have to learn, and it's quite rewarding once you get it.
Really fun just driving around.

EDIT:
Bring on the GTAV DayZ mod!
That'd be fucking sweet.

Top Bottom