• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Insider reiterates that the Gravity Rush 2 Remastered is still coming to PS5 and PC

Via /r/GamingLeaksAndRumours
This guy previously leaked some Gravity Rush related stuff (most recently - the movie starting production, and later leaked that it was going to be shown on CES).
He was rambling about the Remaster coming for almost a year now, but he shared some additional information on the Team Alua Gravity Rush Discord server:
- "Expect some news in May",
- "If everything goes along with the schedule, then it's going to be a late summer release",
- "it's also coming to PC at a later date",
- "GR2R will have a proper photo mode, at least they are testing it",
- One of his friends is a playtester testing the game, ("Maybe he will post some screenshots when he gets too drunk again"),
- "as far as I know, they cut out the online stuff like dusty tokens. You just get the online content via a new short side quest".

Source: https://discord.gg/BAXpSzjJ (the discord)

prayer GIF

Kataploom

Gold Member
I wonder why is Sony bringing latest entries but not first ones, I really dislike that trend they have. I would have started playing some of their games earlier if they weren't like 4th entry in the serie

nial

Gold Member
Also, for everyone wondering why not the first one on PC, I talked about that 2 months ago.
About that, I would lower my hopes. As far as the first one goes, Sony stopped porting their PS4-only games after Days Gone, and they won't remaster it for a second time. Your best bet here would be a remake.
For the second one? It could very well happen if they port it to PS5 as a tie-in for the movie, only if they don't make Gravity Rush 3 or remake the first title instead.
It looks like I was right (except for the last part, kinda). I think we will see a PS5 remake of the first game at some point.

Pejo

Also, for everyone wondering why not the first one on PC, I talked about that 2 months ago.

It looks like I was right (except for the last part, kinda). I think we will see a PS5 remake of the first game at some point.
That's a shame, I was always hoping it'd be a 1+2 collection, but I'll take what I can get.

SilentUser

Though I don't think GR2 remake/remaster would change much, I will still buy it to support the IP. Kat is absolutely phenomenal as a main character and GR2 was awesome from start to the end. I want more.

Fbh

I mean it would be nice but I dont really see the reasoning behind this.
They are basically just sending it out to die

I loved the first one on Vita, but for some strange reason, never got around to picking this up on the PS4.

So, hopefully this is real so I can give it a go this time around!

Man the only way I can do the shitty stealth missions in that game is with a trainer or cheat engine so PC all the way.

Larxia

This would be amazing. I've been wanting this for years, it's the sony game I want to see the most on PC. It's such a unique concept and atmosphere, it's a shame it wasn't more popular.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
If this is true I will do a literal cartwheel

poodaddy

This would be amazing. I've been wanting this for years, it's the sony game I want to see the most on PC. It's such a unique concept and atmosphere, it's a shame it wasn't more popular.
I legit think this game would sell insane numbers on PC. Something about it I just think Steam would latch onto hard. It feels more like some inventive Steam indie than a first party Sony title, and I say that with love as Sony's first party titles generally don't appeal to me at all, yet I adore Gravity Rush with every fiber of my being. They're just fuckin great games.

A remaster for this is so unnecessary. Why can't they just fucking put out a 60 fps patch? Game already looks nice and clean it just needs 60 fps ...this should've been patched by now being a ps4 exclusive first party game!

Microsoft has been even worse than Sony not patching Xbox one exclusives

DonF

Gr 1 and 2 are the kind of games I would to see Sony explore more.
AA games with lots of personality, unique settings and created with love,.not just for profit. GR 2 is a magnificent game, but it felt a little rushed. I remember being disappointed with the story and how it ended, and it felt like a cliffhanger. We need part 3

If they've got nothing new in the pipeline for 2024, it probably is a good idea to have some of these remasters/rereleases they've been sitting on queued up. Sounds believable to me and I look forward to seeing more.
Yup. Making new games this gen seems arduous. Get some quick and easy remasters out the door and charge like $30 for them. Quick cash for quick work.

Top Bottom