• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Jon Kasdan's Indiana Jones 5 script rejected and Dan Fogelman is the new writer

VulcanRaven

"My sources tell me that the Jon Kasdan script for Indiana Jones 5 has now been pushed onto Cars and This is Us writer Dan Fogelman who is penning the next installment of Indiana Jones. These same sources informed us about the various Rogue One: A Star Wars Story writers who all panned out to be accurate even though it took years in some instances to have them officially acknowledged.

My sources believe the idea for the Kasdan Indy 5 script Jon Kasdan was working on focused on the Wałbrzych Gold Train legend. Supposedly, a train full of Nazi gold went missing near the Polish city of Wałbrzych. The train departed from Breslau with gold, masterpieces, weapons and other unknown priceless artifacts. It was then hidden in a series of mines dug by the Nazis."

"My sources believe Dan Fogelman’s premise is not the same as the one in the Kasdan script. At this time it isn’t known what the MacGuffin that Fogelman is using for Indy 5 but they’re convinced he’s current writer on the picture. I think he’s an inspired choice, honestly."

I'm excited about Indiana Jones 5 but I hope they start making it soon. Harrison Ford is 76 years old. He is in good shape but there might be a time when he is too old to play Indiana Jones. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was released 11 years ago. They should have made this movie soon after it.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
no please for the love of god STOP

i saw Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with my dad. he was old as fuck then and it was embarrassing to see him hobbling around on screen. that was 11 years ago!

i don't know. when i was a kid playing pretend we never pretending like we were Indy in his 80s still doing this shit. they should really just recast him with a new person, get it over with. this is pathetic.

kunonabi

Kasdan sucks. Hollywood needs to commit that to memory before they end up wasting more time on his scripts.

Petrae

“Indiana Jones and the Search for Social Security” sounds like an apt title if they’re gonna keep trotting Old Man Ford out there.

I get the love and nostalgia for Ford, but come on. Watching him try to crack a whip in Crystal Skull was almost as embarrassing as hiding from a nuclear blast in a refrigerator.

Elevate someone else to the role or let it die mercifully, please.

Melon Husk

I find it hard to care what a megacorp is going to do with a 40 year old IP. Especially when the megacorp in question has willed excessive copyright extensions into existence past the reasonable 28 year limit.

It would take a series of unlikely events if a standalone Indy film was greenlit. Releasing a sequel to a beloved series that does not reboot the franchise would explode Disney execs heads.

At this point a streaming-only Disney+ series with Ford cameo is the least worst scenario.

xrnzaaas

no please for the love of god STOP

i saw Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with my dad. he was old as fuck then and it was embarrassing to see him hobbling around on screen. that was 11 years ago!

i don't know. when i was a kid playing pretend we never pretending like we were Indy in his 80s still doing this shit. they should really just recast him with a new person, get it over with. this is pathetic.
Yep same here, he was barely holding it together in that movie. It probably still would've been an awful movie even if the script was much better.

Top Bottom