• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to recap, a low quality marvel player made a thread because someone with no insider knowledge *whatsoever* made a jokey post.

I feel bad for the people getting worked by this.

DR2K

Banned
I'm not even taking the grain of salt. Shit is not happening and you shouldn't want Capcom in its current state to work on it.

LordKano

Neoxon

What's your proof on the Xmen ban?
I'm mainly speaking from the talk from ComicsGAF that Marvel's easing up on how they treat Fox characters. And I'd rather not do our song-&-dance again and drag the rest of the thread down, I'm mainly referring to all of the post-CoC games released that are missing the Fox characters.

Though as of recently, Marvel & Fox relations have improved. I asked ComicsGAF about it, & they mentioned that there were rumors of Marvel easing up on forcing the Fox characters down next year. If this is true, I couldn't be more hyped for the future of Marvel Games.

PSqueak

Banned
Knowing Disney, they will probably let Capcom only work with their B-List reject superheroes.

Let's be fair.

Psylocke and Shuma Gorath became household names just because Capcom put them in their games.

Hell, up until 2006, googling Shuma-Gorath would return ONLY pictures of the games.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
A game of telephone amongst GAF "insiders" isnt a valid source.

I want to believe but for the sake of my health I won't

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It's been a while since I've posted on gaf so I've been out of the loop and don't know proper etiquette in terms of whats deemed good or bad. If the mods feel this should be taken down, by all means, please do, I'm just trying to inspire what little hope we have left for another versus game.

Just to recap, a low quality marvel player made a thread because someone with no insider knowledge *whatsoever* made a jokey post.

I feel bad for the people getting worked by this.

Gotta leave it to beef to sneak in an insult about my fighting game prowess.

pizzacat

Banned
Shut up yams

Also the x-men ban isn't a thing but it's pretty obvious if you read the comics that marvel is pushing inhumans

The latest thing is that an inhuman killed like one of the most important x-men members and no one cares

Kinsei

Banned
If this is true then I'll be very happy. I loved MvC3 and that was before I knew anything about Marvel outside of Spider-Man and X-Men.

Neoxon

Knowing Disney, they will probably let Capcom only work with their B-List reject superheroes.
Well, as mentioned earlier, Marvel is rumored to be easing up on certain restrictions next year. Assuming that both this rumor & the MvC4 rumors are true, if Capcom would benefit from this would depend on if they nailed down the roster before Marvel's supposed change-of-heart.

Worst-case scenario, we could get Wolveirne/Deadpool/Doctor Doom/Magneto/etc. as DLC (though Capcom would have to deal with the PR shit-storm before that). But again, this is assuming that there's any validity to the MvC4 rumor.

jbug617

Banned
I wonder if Sony will fund this one also. SFV did underperform according to Capcom so I can't see them funding MvC4 by themselves.

It would be great if MvC4 would come to PS4, XB1, PC and Switch.

Working Wishlist:

- Daredevil
- Luke Cage
- Jessica Jones
- Star-Lord
- Iron Fist
- Vision
- Phil Coulson
- Quake
- Spider Gwen

- Megaman (Volnutt)
- Ryu with Beard
- Mickey (Castle of Illusion)

MegaMelon

I have no stake in this but the gaf post from the dude who told us a few days in advance that Persona 5 would get delayed but with dual audio springs to mind.

sephi22

What's your proof on the Xmen ban?
Not the guy you asked but, I think I've heard Anthony Gallegos, who works on Marvel heroes, say on Rebel FM that Marvel heroes can add certain heroes that other games like infinity can't because the game was made before a certain date or some technicality. Heroes mentioned were these soft banned heroes like X men and Ff.

I could be hugely misremembering this. But after scrapping Disney's games development maybe they have a new approach

It's been a while since I've posted on gaf so I've been out of the loop and don't know proper etiquette in terms of whats deemed good or bad. If the mods feel this should be taken down, by all means, please do, I'm just trying to inspire what little hope we have left for another versus game.

Gotta leave it to beef to sneak in an insult about my fighting game prowess.

Sneak? No. Flat-out tell you? Yes.

Neoxon

I will say this, if MvC4 is happening & we get Nova in it, it better be Richard Rider (especially with him coming back in the comics). If you must have Sam Alexander, do it like UMvC3 & have Sam as a premium alternate costume for Richie.

ZangBa

This makes no sense.

SFV's failure makes it even more imperative for Capcom to take whatever low-hanging fruit they can get.

With what money? Sony's? Fat chance. They screwed up so bad with SFV, they don't deserve to touch the Marvel brand. Why would Disney even tarnish it by letting those clowns at Capcom handle it? Better off focusing on mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom