• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Monster Hunter 4 coming to Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Wasn't this rumor floating around in some form or another after the 3G version came out only for it to be wrong when MH4 was finally announced for the 3DS only. Why would a Vita version even be needed when the 3DS user base numbers are so insanely high in Japan compared to the Vita.

Does Sony have enough money to spend on just securing one game? Does Sony want to undercut Soul Sacrifice (game they are publishing and help develop and likely part own if not own outright) before it even has a chance to shine and once again become dependent on a third party franchise that could easily jump ship?

That doesn't make any sense to me.

sajj316

Great if true but even the great optimist in me has a hard time believing this rumor

I can believe MH4 coming to Vita but simultaneous release??

Maedhros

Wasn't this rumor floating around in some form or another after the 3G version came out only for it to be wrong when MH4 was finally announced for the 3DS only. Why would a Vita version even be needed when the 3DS user base numbers are so insanely high in Japan compared to the Vita. Does Sony have enough money to spend on just securing one game? Does Sony want to undercut Soul Sacrifice before it even has a chance to shine and once again become dependent on a third party franchise that could easily jump ship?

It's a new rumor.

Also, having BOTH on the same hardware would only be a plus, not a con. It would mean both would sell well. I'm sure Sony isn't looking to get MH numbers with Soul Sacrifice.

Eusis

For everyone saying "Nintendo wouldn't allow it": I think that'd depend on how much money and what deals they made with Capcom. If they didn't actually DO anything on that front and Capcom just thought being on 3DS made the most sense then the only thing they could do is try to work out those deals now, and that's assuming Sony didn't beat them to the punch. And Sony WOULD be in their own panic mode, so I can't blame them.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
A simultaneous release would probably still bring a big boost in Vita sales, even if it's not exclusive. The Vita has two analog sticks, whereas the 3DS only has one unless you buy an extra peripheral, so the former is better suited to Monster Hunter.
Depth perception is better suited to Monster Hunter too. And people played the series on PSP, with control schemes that didn't employ a dual analog setup for camera control on PS2, etc, I don't think dual analog is that high in their priority list, especially when they've updated the games with the virtual d-pad on the touch screen and more importantly the new monster re-target toggle for the re-center function. Anyway, I'm sure it would boost Vita but not enough, not like it did the PSP at least.

DigitalOp

Banned
Some people really do not want anything good to come from Vita.

The word vita brings a bitter and volitile taste to their mouths

How much did that cost Sony?
The article I mean, not the game.

For everyone saying "Nintendo wouldn't allow it": I think that'd depend on how much money and what deals they made with Capcom. If they didn't actually DO anything on that front and Capcom just thought being on 3DS made the most sense then the only thing they could do is try to work out those deals now, and that's assuming Sony didn't beat them to the punch. And Sony WOULD be in their own panic mode, so I can't blame them.

Yeah pretty much. Beyond the jokes and doubtfulness the fact is Nintendo never actually paid for some sort of exclusivity - it was just MH on 3DS was mutually beneficial to Capcom and Nintendo. They worked to best suit one another and keep a relationship going.

If Sony paid - a big some btw, Monster Hunter would be worth a lot of money to them - then yeah its believable.
Certainly if this is happening Capcom haven't done it themselves.

Ryuuga

Banned
tumblr_mg08nfap151qzqzgkwj.gif

Wynnebeck

Banned
Everyone please calm down. Take this with a giant grain of salt. While MH4 on Vita would literally make me start jumping around for joy, I'm going to stay calm until we know for a fact that this could happen.

Not happening.

How many PS Vita in Japan? How much to make the game on it?
Not sure if plausible...

3DS outsells PS Vita 10 to 1... why bother?

Foshy

Capcpom would not have delayed this out of this financial year for a vita port, seriously

capcom's decisions are often questionable though

Also, they've learned with SFxTekken that late Vita ports don't bring in any cash at all, so if they're going to do one they'll make it a contemporary release.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Seems rather pointless, even if it was in development and was to come out anywhere near the 3DS version we would have heard about it by now for marketing since there's no point in keeping it a secret if it was a simultaneous release. If Capcom or sony were to actually know sell this game.

Splitting the user base on a game reliant on ad-hoc multiplayer is not the best idea, probably. Unless they found a way to overcome that, I doubt this.

Sony realises they need Monster Hunter for the Vita especially for Japan =P? They seriously can't just rely on just Monster Hunter tbh, but then again Japan XD, don't think they'll even care for the west Vita owners =P

KAL2006

Banned
If I was Sony, I would be desperate to get MH4, even if Sony can't get it exclusively they should be willing to pay money for a multiplatform release. I think handhelds are not going to do that great in the west either way so they should oput more focus on Japan. Release Soul Sacrifice. Try and get multiplatform versions of MH4 and Ace Attorney. Hurry up with FFX. Announce DQVIII, Type0 and FFXII HD releases. Announce Gravity Rush 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Demon's Souls 2.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
capcom's decisions are often questionable though

They would have marketed this by now. There's questionable and then there's stupid. If they wanted to sell this game we would have known a long time ago. Vita doesn't exactly have a large user base, so if they wanted this game to even sell reasonably they have every reason to have announced this as soon as it went through.

Wishful thinking maybe?

If it does great. If it doesn't I'll still hate capcom.

Hating a company because of a valid business decision and because they didn't decide to act like benevolent gods to a platform?

thisisneogaf.gif
If I was Sony, I would be desperate to get MH4, even if Sony can't get it exclusively they should be willing to pay money for a multiplatform release. I think handhelds are not going to do that great in the west either way so they should oput more focus on Japan. Release Soul Sacrifice. Try and get multiplatform versions of MH4 and Ace Attorney. Hurry up with FFX. Announce DQVIII, Type0 and FFXII HD releases. Announce Gravity Rush 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Demon's Souls 2.
The funny thing is some of those ludicrous dreams are about as likely as this.

Valnen

I don't know. I just always assumed GAF hated kotaku and that everything they write is for advertising money.

Well yeah, making money is generally the reason why people do their jobs. I personally feel most of the Kotaku hate here is unwarranted.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Game Lab

Therefore false.

This is like if the internet existed in the form it does today back in the 90s and Kotaku reported on every single one of Quarterman's rumors from EGM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom