• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New Overwatch hero unveiling on Monday, likely Sombra (support sniper) [Nope]

Xater

Would be pretty cool if the release short shows us our first future hero. Would be a great way to start talking about the future support of the game.

dodo021

I hope more informations about those heroes soon
EgwJpLz.png

Mupod

I wonder if they'll hold off on releasing new heroes until they have 2-3 ready at once or if we'll get one at a time. It would be pretty shitty if every match was just everyone playing the new character. From what I understand the last batch of new characters was D-Va, Mei and Genji?

So what exactly would a support sniper entail? Some sort of healing a la Soldier 76? Lots of traps?

It'd be interesting if she had some sort of slowing bullet.

Mupod

I heard that Hazmat turned into Mei and the sexy robot is Athena (Winston's AI and the announcer). Just speculation as far as I know.

So what exactly would a support sniper entail? Some sort of healing a la Soldier 76? Lots of traps?

It'd be interesting if she had some sort of slowing bullet.
I like the idea of there being a super-squishy support that "snipes" healing, requiring precise aim to buff friendlies. Right now, all the supports require virtually no skill to place heals.

DrArchon

Good. We need more supports. Give me all the supports!

Sniper support sounds especially cool. Targeted buffs and debuffs would be useful for any team, and you get to stay back and be a coward while still supporting. She'll still need a way to get around to high elevation like Widowmaker with her grappling hook and Hanzo with his wall climbing, maybe a double jump or limited boost up.

NotLiquid

I thought Junkrat and Roadhog were more on a Chaotic Neutral scale rather than outright villains. Mercs for hire kind of stuff.

Mupod

sniping friendlies would be interesting. Medic in Killing Floor (1) requires more aim than any other class because players are so spastic compared to zeds.

I like the idea of there being a super-squishy support that "snipes" healing, requiring precise aim to buff friendlies. Right now, all the supports require virtually no skill to place heals.

Hm, could be. There was a character in Evolve that did something similar but it was with grenades. Sombra might be shooting darts into people instead, maybe some sort of damage over time/heal blocking dart for enemies and a healing dart for allies.

Good. We need more supports. Give me all the supports!

Sniper support sounds especially cool. Targeted buffs and debuffs would be useful for any team, and you get to stay back and be a coward while still supporting. She'll still need a way to get around to high elevation like Widowmaker with her grappling hook and Hanzo with his wall climbing, maybe a double jump or limited boost up.

I don't see her being a buffer/debuffer though because Zenyatta already fills that niche.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I thought Junkrat and Roadhog were more on a Chaotic Neutral scale rather than outright villains. Mercs for hire kind of stuff.
The game lacks straight up Villains. Reaper is kind of the only one, I mean look at Roadhog and Junkrats comic.

Based on their comic, Junkrat is very excited to mass murder Omnics, who are basically people in the context of the universe.

I don't know, that seems pretty bad!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Man, I wonder how much of the lore and characters is from Titan. Maybe they will make that money back with overwatch.
Well, some of the classes were straight converted into Overwatch characters, like Reaper and Tracer.

I think they started over on a lot of it though since the idea was that you were regular person by day and a superhero whenever problems happened.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I was hoping this would be the next hero

overwatch_3.0.jpg

DrArchon

I don't see her being a buffer/debuffer though because Zenyatta already fills that niche.

He only has one specific debuff though and no real buffs, just healing. Maybe Sombra could have multiple debuffs for enemies, like slowing them down or reducing damage output. Just a thought.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
My gf would love another sniper, Hanzo isn't really the same kind of sniper with the lack of zoom in.

But how would a support sniper work? Shoot your friends with your sniper rifle for heal/shield/armor? Would be kind of weird. Bullets that debuff enemies, sure, but how is that any better than simply doing lots of damage with Widowmaker?

vypek

I was hoping this would be the next hero

overwatch_3.0.jpg

During that video I was playing it in slow mo and trying to pause so I could catch names of the people popping up.

Obviously Blizzard knew people were going to do this since the names never become clear.

I wonder what kind of skill Sombra will have if she really is the new character and a support. Healing sniping bullets? Or not a healer at all and some other form of support like Symmetra

During that video I was playing it in slow mo and trying to pause so I could catch names of the people popping up.

Obviously Blizzard knew people were going to do this since the names never become clear.

I wonder what kind of skill Sombra will have if she really is the new character and a support. Healing sniping bullets? Or not a healer at all and some other form of support like Symmetra

They aren't just blurred, they don't appear to be letters at all. Maybe I am wrong though.

If you look closely, they kinda appear to be just lines.

I am up for a more creative Sniper hero, Widowmaker is just a classic Sniper, I hunter-like Sniper that lays traps, more of a Mid-Range combat sharp shooter would be awesome.

A man can dream.

Top Bottom