• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Pikmin World (Switch) leaked by Dutch retailer?

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking spoiler OP.

Please Use the tags in your thread title next time. =_=,

weekev

Banned
Wouldn't that be an indie title?
Depends if Nintendo hijack their indie showcase to sneak in a first party announcement. Wouldn't surprise me but I'd reckon Gamexplains big surprise will be something like Undertale or Rocket League.

kubus

Nope

They had this listing for months. It was based on a "leak" that turned out to be bullshit. But this webshop either thought it was legit or they hoped it was legit and tried to sell a few preorders in advance.

meppi

Pikmin world is the name you would give to a Pikmin 1+2+3 compilation on switch.

If there's any truth to this, which I doubt, I would bet it's that.

TxGuax8.jpg

It's called "World" because much like another series by Miyamoto, they had 1, 2, and 3, and now comes the generational leap that will create a rift in fans where some will think Pikmin 3 is the peak of gameplay, but every sane person will prefer Pikmin World.

It's called "World" because much like another series by Miyamoto, they had 1, 2, and 3, and now comes the generational leap that will create a rift in fans where some will think Pikmin 3 is the peak of gameplay, but every sane person will prefer Pikmin World.

Pikmin 1
Pikmin 2
Pikmin 3
Pikmin World
Pikmin 64
Pikmin Sunshine
Pikmin Galaxy
Pikmin Galaxy 2
Pikmin Odyssey

mindatlarge

Wasn't it stated by someone at Nintendo that Pikmin 4 was pretty much complete or close to it for Wii U? Or am I tripping? If it is, perhaps a Switch conversion would be a possibility in the near future.

Shiggy

Wasn't it stated by someone at Nintendo that Pikmin 4 was pretty much complete or close to it for Wii U? Or am I tripping? If it is, perhaps a Switch conversion would be a possibility in the near future.

There was never a sequel for Wii U mentioned. Just a new Pikmin game, with no platform being named.

I work at this retailer, and basically what happened is that they put a lot of rumored titles up (not able to order, just for a notification) before the event. After the event they changed the rumored titles to the confirmed games but forgot this one.
MODs better lock the thread then if it's a no go.

Yep I knew it! Miyamoto said it was Pikmin 4 (well Nintendo did) and there were posters here arguing with me and others that Pikmin 3DS was Pikmin 4. That made no sense whatsoever.

Also, Emily or LKD said Nintendo was changing the name of Pikmin so instead of Pikmin 4 (next number) it would be something like this - Pikmin Worle.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Yep I knew it! Miyamoto said it was Pikmin 4 (well Nintendo did) and there were posters here arguing with me and others that Pikmin 3DS was Pikmin 4. That made no sense whatsoever.

Also, Emily or LKD said Nintendo was changing the name of Pikmin so instead of Pikmin 4 (next number) it would be something like this - Pikmin Worle.

*cough*

I work at this retailer, and basically what happened is that they put a lot of rumored titles up (not able to order, just for a notification) before the event. After the event they changed the rumored titles to the confirmed games but forgot this one.

Clefargle

Pikmin 3'cant be the pinnacle because it doesn't have stick control for pikmin herding or timerless dungeons. 2 is where it's at

Top Bottom