• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sony/SuperBot Making Sony Smash Bros [Update 3: Even More Details]

GrayFoxPL

Scorpion isn't rude!
75rDO.gif

I really don't want third party guest character to be too many, we have limited slot, the more 3rd party guest character there is, the less chance of old obscure Sony character be in this.

Kratos was in MK, it does make sense for Sony to have asked to use the most popular MK character in their

I do agree about the brutality. I hope the game doesn't go that way

Though I do have some funny fatalities in mind. Like ripping Parrappa in half, except he's made of paper not blood and guts

sony characters lack charisma~

nothing will ever top samus, mario, pikachu and cpt. falcon fighting it out in kirby's dream land.

Pikachu and Capt Falcon have charisma? You know, I'll probably never get Pokemon considering I was already an adult when it came out.

SykoTech

Kratos was in MK, it does make sense for Sony to have asked to use the most popular MK character in their

I do agree about the brutality. I hope the game doesn't go that way

They had no problem toning down Mortal Kombat moves when they crossed over with DC. I wouldn't worry about it.

I really don't want third party guest character to be too many, we have limited slot, the more 3rd party guest character there is, the less chance of old obscure Sony character be in this.

There are a couple of third party characters that shoulod be in. Mainly Kiryu, Snake, and Dante. Lara would be nice if they could get Square/CD to agree to it.

Hypereides

Gold Member

I friggin hope they add more obscure and crazy sony characters from the past...

...one dead character I'd love to see (despite not being a Sony IP) is Johnny Bazookatone. Only because his character design is charming.

When I think Sony, Scorpion certainly doesn't come to mind. Maybe I'm out of the loop, but where in Sony history was Scorpio or MK directly linked? I would much rather they divert 3rd party resource slots to getting Crash, Spyro, Old Snake, hell even Sora. Those have much closer Sony ties.

If Snake was in Brawl I have a hard time thinking about 3rd party characters that would be less fit in PS Brawl that has characters from Parappa to Kratos.

Scorpion fits in nicely imo. Iconic character that knows no console bounds.

ascii42

I think I fucking love you man.

I wouldnt be surprised if all the characters from the "To Micheal" commercial were featured characters in the game...urgh.
That would be cool, but there were definitely characters in there that don't belong in a Sony All-Stars type game. On the other hand, Chell would be awesome to play as.

Takao

Banned
Pikachu and Capt Falcon have charisma? You know, I'll probably never get Pokemon considering I was already an adult when it came out.

Pikachu has as much charisma as a wet blanket. Dude just says "chuuu" a lot, and zaps people. He used to disobey Ash's orders every now and then, but it appears Ash wore him down into having no personality.

That's more like it. :lol

No chance of old Spyro getting in there, what with Skylanders blowing up, but who cares anyway, those games weren't so hot

Hypereides

Gold Member
That would be cool, but there were definitely characters in there that don't belong in a Sony All-Stars type game. On the other hand, Chell would be awesome to play as.

Well Lightning and Isaac Clarke would be alright... but Ghost and Old Snake?

No thanks. Ghost is boring and I wouldnt want to see Old Snake whored out and squeezed to the last drop.

They should put some unique characters with unique abilities into this and take a lesson from Super Smash Bros. on that note.

Thats the only Crash I know.

Oh shit you're right, the first one is from Crash Twinsanity I think.

If he doesn't look like this, no buy.

[IM]http://images.wikia.com/crashban/images/e/ef/Crash1d.png[/IMG]

Just give him to Naughty Dog and let them design the version of Crash that will appear in this game (assuming that he's in it).

Well, there's this:

kratos.jpg
Guess I missed the boat on that :p
Still, it seems their roster slot is very limited if it's topping out at 20 characters. I'd be surprised if we even got more than 5 third party characters. I'd like them to be varied, Scorpion treads on the same violent grounds as Kratos and others already.

You posted two Crashs from the last decade. I posted 90s Crash. :p

He posted Twinsanity Crash though, which is totally acceptable looking IMO.. unlike that other.. thing. Classic 2/3 Crash would be preferred though.

SmithnCo

I'd be down for Chell, Isaac and Little Sister (Which would presumably mean a Big Daddy).

Too bad that would be a nightmare to negotiate.

give it a rest, old Crash is never going back, even if Sony manage to talk it with Activision and can get Crash in this fighting game, Activision will want their latest version of Crash in it. they're not going to let Sony use the old Crash because it'll undermine their latest Crash. unless they're rebooting Crash again back to his old design, which is unlikely imo.

same with Spyro.

I think any amount of extra detail that more modern consoles add to the Crash model just remove some of his character, IMO. He always looked strange once he left the Playstation. I think I'd actually prefer it if he didn't show up, to be honest, I think it'd be too bizarre.

Noshino

Just give him to Naughty Dog and let them design the version of Crash that will appear in this game (assuming that he's in it).

As much as they claim that they have moved on, I wonder if they would be willing to work on Crash if Sony was to get the IP....

I mean, its not like it is worth much to Activision nowadays, or is it? how successful have the latest games been?

Shtof

give it a rest, old Crash is never going back, even if Sony manage to talk it with Activision and can get Crash in this fighting game, Activision will want their latest version of Crash in it. they're not going to let Sony use the old Crash because it'll undermine their latest Crash. unless they're rebooting Crash again back to his old design, which is unlikely imo.

same with Spyro.

You're probably right, and this is why they should leave the old "dead" heroes out.

same with Spyro.
but they like money

I think any amount of extra detail that more modern consoles add to the Crash model just remove some of his character, IMO. He always looked strange once he left the Playstation. I think I'd actually prefer it if he didn't show up, to be honest, I think it'd be too bizarre.

I thought Ratchet and Clank made the transition to a new generation rather gracefully, and besides, almost every Crash game has a hi-res detailed render on the cover. I don't see why they couldn't get close to a look like that with today's tech.
Also, Parappa being confirmed in this is already the most bizzare thing the game could offer outside of including that vib-ribbon character or a playable car. Anything's possible.

As much as they claim that they have moved on, I wonder if they would be willing to work on Crash if Sony was to get the IP....

I mean, its not like it is worth much to Activision nowadays, or is it? how successful have the latest games been?

when Jak and Daxter first released, it totally felt like evolution of Crash games to me. I believe they've moved on from Crash. there's really nothing Crash can give gameplay wise that ND couldn't do with Jak imo. of course they shift direction to Jak 2 and 3, but original Jak felt like Crash.

Shtof

They would probably do it, but what's the point, the first Crash was made by a team of ten people, most of which probably left ND by now.

sn00zer

K as a huge Sony fan this has me really excited....I just REALLY REALLY hope they give as much fan service as Smash does... If its not a big character make it an assist, if its less known well than that make it a trophy, if its less well known than that make it a sticker....Sony has a really deep history if they dig for it....oh and no post in this thread would be complete without a fan list (just hope these characters/games are in in some form, i figure Jak, Ratchet, and Sly are a given)

PS1 Crash
PS1 Spyro
Daniel Fortesque
Blasto
Silent Hill Representation
Flower
Journey
Kingdom Hearts
PS1 FF representation
Tomb Raider
Timesplitters
Parasite Eve
Tony Hawk

Shtof

when Jak and Daxter first released, it totally felt like evolution of Crash games to me. I believe they've moved on from Crash. there's really nothing Crash can give gameplay wise that ND couldn't do with Jak imo. of course they shift direction to Jak 2 and 3, but original Jak felt like Crash.

Gameplay is essentially the same in the entire Jak trilogy, it's just the setting and visual style that's different.

Takao

Banned
Jeeze man, like I know you guys like Bioshock and all, but why should that franchise be in a PlayStation mascot fighter? It started off as a PC/360 exclusive.

Hypereides

Gold Member
I had an idea yesterday,

What if Sony included some of its movies' characters, maybe Inception or Michael Jackson !?

I like your sarcasm.

Jeeze man, like I know you guys like Bioshock and all, but why should that franchise be in a PlayStation mascot fighter? It started off as a PC/360 exclusive.

Thats why I proposed it as a DLC character. But you have to admit fighting as a Big Daddy makes you HNNNNNG

Top Bottom