• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor : Sony Xperia Premium will first phone with 4k display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fezan

Link

Here is overview
Sony Xperia Z5: Features a 5.2-inch display with FHD (1080 x 1920) pixel resolution
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact: Features a 4.6–inch display with HD (720 x 1280) pixel resolution
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium: Features a 5.5–inch display with 4K display
New 23mp captor for all Z5C/Z5/Z5P New photo sensor, the markets fastest autofocus 0.3 seconds 5x zoom
Fingerprint sensor for all Z5C/Z5/Z5P
‘XPERIA’ logo engraved into the side for Z5 Premium
2 days battery life for Z5C/Z5/Z5P
micro usb with no cache

Xperia-Z5-Leak_2.jpg

Xperia-Z5-Leak_1-640x640.jpg

Hieberrr

4K is useless on something so small. However, having said that, I do hope the battery is big enough to support it for a full day.

- J - D -

800+ ppi of display goodness that I'll probably never truly appreciate on such a small screen. But hey, progress is progress.

LeleSocho

Banned
Okay, fine... as long as after this we put this resolution-penis war on hold for a very long time and start to concentrate on the actual quality of these displays.

DjRalford

I think when my contracts up in April i'm gonna stick with my Z2, personally i think Sony's flagship phones are awesome, but until mine dies, or get very long in the tooth there seems little point to an upgrade every 24 months.

Will it break from a foot high drop?

I'm in the market for a ~5 in. Android phone that doesn't have a shit camera or OS, and I'll probably be deciding between this and the Nexus 5 refresh, if this isn't as fragile as the last Xperia.

bionic77

That res is pointless on a screen that small but I am pretty impressed that the hardware inside a phone can run a 4K screen (making a big assumption that this all works).

Nephtis

I lost all hope with the Xperia line after the bullshit they pulled off with the Verizon model.

It's not necessarily Sony's fault, I'm sure that Verizon forced them to it. Especially with this leak, there is absolutely no wanting to get one.

btrboyev

Why are they makingfor 4k on a 5" inch screen where you can't even see the difference from a 720p screen? How about they spend R&D on battery life?

Jacobi

Banned
I'm curious if they'll get the camera right for once... Sony makes great DSLRs, great camera chips but their software always sucks on the Z phones

Zaptruder

Banned
Will be interested if there's cross company support for Oculus' mobile VR efforts... or if Sony releases their own and is of comparable quality.

Darkangel

I say bring on the 4K cellphones, VR technology will greatly benefit from it.

dat flapless water resistant USB port, how

The flaps are pretty much the only complaint I have about my Z3C. The Z5C looks like it will be the best sub-5" phone on the market.

Fezan

I'm curious if they'll get the camera right for once... Sony makes great DSLRs, great camera chips but their software always sucks on the Z phones

Sucks is a very extreme term. yeah but their software is not as good as others. Still they have one of the best cameras in smartphones

it coming to the US in any meaningful way? if no then i don't give a damn. for too long sony's made some pretty interesting phones and then completely ignored the us market.

plainr_

it coming to the US in any meaningful way? if no then i don't give a damn. for too long sony's made some pretty interesting phones and then completely ignored the us market.

Same.

Every year I get excited for an Xperia phone but they never make it to AT&T.

Jeels

Will it break from a foot high drop?

I'm in the market for a ~5 in. Android phone that doesn't have a shit camera or OS, and I'll probably be deciding between this and the Nexus 5 refresh, if this isn't as fragile as the last Xperia.

Nope, I dropped my Z3 maybe two feet from the ground, completely shattered. So disappointed. Never buying a phone with a glass back again...

Sorry Sony, you can add all the features you want, but I need a model without a glass back..

With everyone ditching phone subsidies, buying it off contract from Sony or Amazon isn't a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom