• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor : Sony Xperia Premium will first phone with 4k display

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Sony was done with phones?

I don't think they're done with phones but they have had awful strategies for quite a few years. I think they're cutting down on the number of handsets and focusing on tentpole handsets.

I have a Z3 and its the most fragile phone have ever used. I like it as it's fast and great battery. I bloody hate it and can't wait to get rid as have spent a fortune fixing it.

Don't buy is my advise

Yeah, I do like my Z3c, but it's extremely fragile. The whole back of it is smashed up.

Mokubba

What it's saying is the screen is 4k but except for photos and videos the gpu renders everything in 2k to save battery life. It's probably grouping pixels together.

Excited to see more of the Z5 Premium and a 4K screen bodes well for the Z5 tablet if there is one or any future tablet.

Radec

Sony-Xperia-Z5-family_1-640x360.jpg

Z5C, Z5, Z5 P

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/09/0...s-of-the-xperia-z5-z5-compact-and-z5-premium/

The op stated 2 days....

Smashed my Z1 screen with a 1 foot drop. Hated the 4.2 update that butchered the os and the side cap fell off. Never going back.

Those aren't likely to be realistic under everyday use though. There is no chance that phone would keep going for two days under normal usage. My iPhone 5s barely makes it through a single day.

Mokubba

Those aren't likely to be realistic under everyday use though. There is no chance that phone would keep going for two days under normal usage. My iPhone 5s barely makes it through a single day.

I don't know how they'll pull it off with a 4K screen but my Z2 lasts 2 days and from what I hear the Z3 does as well.

Caayn

For those who want to follow it live, you can watch a live stream here:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/blog-news-from-sony/ifa-2015/ba-p/1999855

Edit:

And it has been announced

"And so, today I'm pleased to announce a new flagship smartphone featuring our next generation camera, the Xperia Z5." - Kazuo Hirai
It has a shutter speed of 0.03 seconds.
23 Megapixel camera, and 5x clear zoom.
Image stabilizer, called "SteadyShot".
Sony keeps the to day battery life from the previous Xperia Z phones.
And just like it's predecessors, it's waterproof.
Has a fingerprint sensor on the power button on the side.
4K has been confirmed on stage, for the Xperia Z5 premium model.

knipselr4uj0.png

DieH@rd

Banned
Z5
Z5 Compact [no compromises over Z5, 4.6" screen]
Z5 Premium [has 4K screen]

Sony is killing it with great lineup.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
5x zoom still digital zoom but a higher res sensor helps mitigate. I wonder if they'll let us save 23MP images rather than auto downsampling to 8-10MP?

hopefully steadyshot is optical image stabilisation, but for video at least, digital would be fine.

DieH@rd

Banned
4k cell phone... holy fuck. I thought we were ateat a year away from that

Most likely it is some bigass phablet.

VR manufacturers will like 4K screens, but there is no communication port that can drive 4K @ 90+hz, or even two of those sceens [SuperMHL has enough bandwidth, but it is very rarely used for now].

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Most likely it is some bigass phablet.

VR manufacturers will like 4K screens, but there is no communication port that can drive 4K @ 90+hz, or even two of those sceens [SuperMHL has enough bandwidth, but it is very rarely used for now].

5.5" screen

Caayn

knipselj7lkq.png

Global release date is October for the normal and compact model and November for the Premium model.

Jacobi

Banned
Ridiculous prices... They go down really fast anyways, but I really doubt there will be a lot of first-day sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom