• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii U final specs

Red UFO

Man, I know they say otherwise, but having such a tiny amount of internal storage just tells me that Nintendo still doesn't give a shit about downloadable games.

Azure J

Yup, gonna need dbz comparisons.

Or at least past console comparisons.

Console is Future Trunks, stronger than SSJ Goku/Vegeta (PS360), might hang a bit with Cell (next gen Sony & Microsoft stuff) here and there but might be lacking in the long run. Based on these specs anyway.

What do they mean by enhanced Broadway byway? I thought Broadway/Gekko was EoL already.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It's all about the raw power and graphics, right? *sigh*

It's a spec thread. With specs. If you don't like it, leave.

Sid

ibuHpRo7vpIlfk.gif
Aren't such gifs bannable in such threads?

Yeah and 'enhanced' broadway cores?1 GB ram total,wow.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
1gb of RAM for games was what was mentioned recently, but only 32mb for the OS? Why... why so low, why. Monumental scrimping.

My personal price ceiling for picking this hardware up hovers around the £150 mark, as in circa the price the other 2 current gen consoles will be reaching.

GimMick

Watch out, it can be a bannable offense now.

Is the Espresso part where the Wii U got its "Project Cafe" codename from?
That's a great coincidence at least. But I doubt it's because of that... I now read that apparently the Wii had it as well.

Edit : the memory listed contradicts a bit what we've heard before... so the OS might not take so much memory after all. Good on 4 USB ports though.

Woffls

This is probably like Frieza saga Piccolo or something. A refined power, but nothing like the potential of a Saiyan warrior who is built for fighting. It will see us through to the final battle, and will contribute, but can't hope to match Goku SSJ.

royalan

...They're still using Broadway?

...No DirectX 11 support?

...1GB RAM?

Wow, I guess Nintendo's really counting on hype to sell this thing...

Inukage

This is probably like Frieza saga Piccolo or something. A refined power, but nothing like the potential of a Saiyan warrior who is built for fighting. It will see us through to the final battle, and will contribute, but can't hope to match Goku SSJ.

More like Farmer who got one shot by Raditz xD

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Underwhelming if true. It will be on par with things but........I'm ready to move on from that level of HW and onto new HW.

McLovin

It's twice the available included storage on the base 360 model. You'll hook up a 500GB-1TB USB drive to your Wii U one time and be set.
That base model isn't designed with xbla in mind. When I had my 60gb ps3 and I filled it up I just stopped buying games until I was fully finished with the games I had. I couldn't even buy retail games that required an install for a while. They should swallow the cost and put something bigger in there.

Nibel

i thought it was almost 2GB of ram...what would they 32meg ? that's way too low for the os...

1GB is going to be for the developers, 32MB eRAM; and I guess there will be some for the OS since they have a lot of functions built in

Seems to be legit if even Eaty can vouch for it. And people said all that speculation was crazy!

Since when is that Bane gif bannable? Can someone explain that to me? I always miss such important things

Disappointed that they never used a DX11 or equivalent GPU but i can understand that they are trying to keep the price down because of the cost of the controller.

I guess we will see on Thursday whether or not it will be worth it price wise, charging $300 for a DX 10.1 console with 1.5GB of Ram and an 8GB flash drive when PS4 / 720 will 99% likely be DX11 capable consoles with 2GB + of Ram with more than likely a much faster CPU and larger HDD's for $400 a year - 18 months later is a bit of a joke tbh but like everyone else who buys one i will buy it for Nintendo's first party output if they price it accordingly.

Going from those specs it should be no more than $250 / £200 imo.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
...They're still using Broadway?

...No DirectX 11 support?

...1GB RAM?

Wow, I guess Nintendo's really counting on hype to sell this thing...

The Wii should have taught everybody that raw specs will not push consoles out the door, and limitations do not prevent market success. Only a niche group of people give a shit about the raw numbers, and that's how it will always be.

As for DX11, you're not going to see that in on a non-Microsoft licensed API.

Fox Mulder

Internal 8gb...man I appreciate the ability to use external harddrives but are they really going to be that fucking cheap where they release a console with only 8 gb of internal storage at launch? Goddam Nintendo.

MS sells a 4GB 360 model for $200. They sell overpriced HDDs and firmware limit the size so you can't use a 1TB drive yourself.

As long as Nintendo provides options, it'll be fine for the people that care about it.

JDSN

Banned
Wow, I dont know what to think, could somebody please find Ja Rule so I can make sense of all this!

Kyoufu

1GB RAM for games is perfectly fine. Why would they need more for PS3 level tech? I'd be worried about the OS though if it only has 32MB.

Azure J

Actually, I'm taking back my previous assessment and going with SSJ Gohan. It still fits the analogy and I like him better anyways. :p

1gb of RAM for games was what was mentioned recently, but only 32mb for the OS? Why... why so low, why. Monumental scrimping.

My personal price ceiling for picking this hardware up hovers around the £150 mark, as in circa the price the other 2 current gen consoles will be reaching.

The 32MB RAM there is eDRAM.

Top Bottom