• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xbox E3 info (Zombie game, Battletoads, Forza Horizon, AoE, more)

Yes. Lots of blinking lighter green and lots of squares and corners. Some random drum and bass music is also to be heard.

Btw: DR4 is in the works.There you have it. Don't know if exclusive or being announced this E3 tho. But developed by Capcom Vancouver.
fy0ER.gif

Sea of Thieves have a Fable-vibe but I don't know how good it will play. Also it is only for Xbox One and PC right? The PC gamers that enjoy the game will help keep it populated but I'm not sure if the Xbox One players will continue playing.

Pretty weak tbh

Hopefully there is more. . right? This can't be it. . right?

Zedox

Uhm...people, it's just "some" info from Xbox E3 news, not the whole thing. lol.

And I already thought it was known that Sea of Thieves would be like Destiny/Division?

ekim

Sea of Thieves have a Fable-vibe but I don't know how good it will play. Also it is only for Xbox One and PC right? The PC gamers that enjoy the game will help keep it populated but I'm not sure if the Xbox One players will continue playing.

Hopefully there is more. . right? This can't be it. . right?

If he found that stuff how I think he found it, it doesn't show the big stuff.

Chris1

Lol, it'll be the xbox one players keeping the PC populated. You have it the other way around :p

Since Phil is huge on Destiny I'm sure it'll have good end game content to keep people around aswell, he'll be pushing for it to be more like Destiny and less like Division I'd imagine

Camjo-Z

Battletoads is pretty low on the list of Rare IP I'd like to see return but they could probably make it into a fun brawler.

FelipeMGM

Wow, people still dont get it that this info is not from the teaser trailer, but from the conference itself, but its not all the things that will be shown at the keynote either

Probably bullshit.

Oh, I'm sure a lot of it is real, but considering how heavily some of it's been hinted at, I really doubt it's an actual leak. Battletoads is probably not happening.

Mr Swine

Banned
So Age of Empires is Boner exclusives? Or will this still be a PC only franchise?

Edit: Dead Rising 4 a potential online game? Major bummer if true :(

Why for the love of all that is holy would you have them do Battletoads?

Just farm that out to Platinum and have Rare work on the true next great Banjo Platformer.

Warxard

Banned

Just farm that out to Platinum and have Rare work on the true next great Banjo Platformer.

i wonder if the people who criticize Battletoads are the same people who only think that game is just turbo tunnel + brawling

Game is way more than that and thinking Platinum could do that when they obviously suck at anything that isn't just a dope combat system is kind of dumb

Varg

Banned
Have a feeling this will be one of the strongest of microsofts e3s yet. With just this little bit of info we got, it's already surpassing my expectations . Hopefully all of this comes to pc as well, I will fully support them if they do the cross buy/play with their upcoming games.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.

Battletoads makes so much sense for Platinum to do. That's their kind of IP.

wachie

Nope, that's it. Looks like Phil just sent over the script to some dude on Reddit. Pack it up folks, maybe next year.
If this is not a sign of conceding then I dont know what is!

Why even next year? It's all over, all over I say.

i wonder if the people who criticize Battletoads are the same people who only think that game is just turbo tunnel + brawling

Game is way more than that and thinking Platinum could do that when they obviously suck at anything that isn't just a dope combat system is kind of dumb

What?
Are you telling me when I was 9 playing Battletoads and thought it was just a great fighting game where my fist and foot blew up to comical portions while fighting radical rats with sunglasses that I was....missing something?

Please enlighten me.

Didn't go so well with Turtles tho

Wasn't that really just an issue of time though?

Warxard

Banned
What?
Are you telling me when I was 9 playing Battletoads and thought it was just a great fighting game where my fist and foot blew up to comical portions while fighting radical rats with sunglasses that I was....missing something?

Please enlighten me.

Battletoads has five vehicle stages. Hey remember when Platinum could do games with great vehicle controls like Bayonetta and Korra? I sure don't.

Battletoads has three stages within the game that involves either going down or going up, restricting how much you can punch due to either the reduced traction of the game play space or the fact that falling to the floor = death.

There's only like, one genuine boss battle in the original NES game. And that was dreadful from both a difficulty to design standpoint.

So when people say "lol Platinum should make a Battletoads game!!!!" They have to consider like do you want another Platinum action game with the Battletoads skin? Because both the NES/Genesis releases of the game are more than just punching shit.

Not to mention Platinum's licensed games track record is abysmal. Korra and Turtles were hot garbage and Transformers was decent enough I suppose. I would rather have them work on passion projects than being Sunsoft 2.0.

Battletoads games have variety and Platinum sucks ass at variety.

Top Bottom