• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: God of War 4 to be set in Norse Mythology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xealo

Are they? The eagle head guy and the dog headed guy are more well known than Thor and Loki? The most well known Egyptian gods are the Pharroh from the 10 Commandments and Lucario.

Plus there's a character named Isis. Egyptian mythology is more legit though. I'm still not convinced Norse mythology was ever believed by anyone.

There are a lot of names in the Norse mythology most people have never heard off though, Thor and Loki etc just happens to be more well known, cause the more prominent figures have been used in other media before.

Norse mythology could be legit, although I doubt that Kratos will be used.

vin-buc

I would've been happy with a Earl/King Ragnar Lothbrook on royds as the main character. That Norse kratos looks TERRIBLE. LoL.

RedAssedApe

Banned
i dunno man. this just looks like kratos if he were cos-playing as a lumberjack. are they gonna do a thing where its kratos...but not kratos?

There are a lot of names in the Norse mythology most people have never heard off though, Thor and Loki etc just happens to be more well known, cause the more prominent figures have been used it on other media before.

Norse mythology could be legit, although I doubt that Kratos will be used.
I'm gonna say Thor, Loki, and Odin alone are more recognizable than all of the Egyptian one's combined.

You all are missing the big picture here.

Kratos will be worthy to carry Mjolnir. He will lift it in front of Thor, and bash it in his face. And that will be the greatest gaming moment ever.

Guymelef

You all are missing the big picture here.

Kratos will be worthy to carry Mjolnir. He will lift it in front of Thor, and bash it in his face. And that will be the greatest gaming moment ever.

This is a given, Thor is going to die crushed by his hammer.

It really is the best transition.

Zeus becomes Odin
Olympus becomes Valhalla
Spartan becomes Viking
Kratos becomes ?

mars-thanos-w-copy.jpg

Mman235

Visuals aside (and since it's an early leak I'm fine doing that) and taking this leak as real if we have Kratos again I'm sort of liking the implication of the new design; he looks a bit older and as if he's had a bit of time to mellow after the events of the earlier games. Of course since this is God of War and he's back he's still going to brutally murder a bunch of stuff, but I could see this giving him the distance from past events to do it for different reasons and take him in more interesting directions.

Norse mythology is much more recognizable than Egyptian. Especially to westerners, im betting.

However, I feel like Egyptian mythology would allow them to really get crazy with designs. Imagine how the fights with Ra, Osiris, or Anubis would go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom