• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RWBY Grimm Eclipse coming to PS4/Xbox One January 17th

Searched and didn't see a thread.

http://www.noobfeed.com/news/4103/rwby-grimm-eclipse-launching-on-xbox-one-and-ps4-this-month

yeMqWyL.png

Rooster Teeth revealed today that RWBY: Grimm Eclipse will launch on Xbox One and PS4 January 17th.

Released originally on PC RWBY: Grimm Eclipse is a game originally developed by Jordan Scott and picked up by Rooster Teeth, becoming the first project under Rooster Teeth Games. It was released on Steam Early Access December 1st, 2016 and launched officially on July 5th, 2016 on PC and on October 13th on Mac.

Taking place between Volume 2 and Volume 3 of the show. Players take control of either Ruby, Weiss, Blake, or Yang to defeat hordes of Grimm while exploring the world of Remnant.

Couldn't find the launch trailer on Youtube, but it's on Facebook.

Now that's strange, the game was definitely available on the EU PSN on December 6 for 24 euros, I saw it myself but did not buy it.

Rooster Teeth Games did not make any announcement which was strange but the game was on PSN for several days for sure.

I'm really interested because I love the show but the Q1 is already full, that will have to wait for some sale later I guess :(

I saw this game for the first time a few weeks ago and am definitely interested. Probably pick it up day one barring performance issues.

BigEmil

So roughly £20 for this? This used to sell for cheaper on steam in early access as far as I remember, so I think I'll wait for a sale for this eventually

Squire

Banned
Duuude, what? Might just grab this day one. Just started watching the show this week and I just finished volume 3 last night. RWBY is awesome.
Blake is Best Girl

Squire

Banned
This part is absolutely false. After Monty died, the action took a dip in quality from which it hasn't really recovered.

Disagree. The action scenes in volume 3 are easily the best choreography on the show up to that point. Much better composed and easier to follow than in the first two volumes.

Flandy

I thought the PC version was fairly disappointing at launch. Definitely look at impressions and reviews before jumping in

still salty they replaced the original show character models with the current ones

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Disagree. The action scenes in volume 3 are easily the best choreography on the show up to that point. Much better composed and easier to follow than in the first two volumes.
The choreography in Volume 3 is okay, but it doesn't reach the highs of the previous volumes, and you can kinda start seeing the seams of what was originally animated/choreographed by Monty and what wasn't. Monty's style was unmistakable with steady shots where you could see the reaction and hit in the same frame, reminiscent of a martial arts movie/HK Jackie Chan flick.

Unfortunately Volume 4's initial choreography wasn't great but the recent fight with
Crow
makes me believe that they were having problems adapting to the new engine/program and that we can expect better action scenes from here on out.

All in all, it's a neat show tho.

Will the console version have split-screen? Pretty sure the PC version doesn't have it, though I can't say for sure. It seems like it'd be a nice addition.

Rated-G

I'm guessing Team JNPR will be DLC then? Didn't see them in the trailer. But agreed, Blake is best girl.
Until Nora is playable.

I bought it. Pretty cool if you're a RWBY fan. I haven't spent a lot of time with it yet but it's pretty straight forward and simple, like the show.

Top Bottom