• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - 1.65 Million Copies Sold

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/36980/S-T-A-L-K-E-R-1-65-Million-Copies-Sold

From Ukraine to the official S.T.A.L.K.E.R. forums, to Google Translate to Dozerking, to me:

The poster translated the article, saying the CEO of GSC, Sergei Grigorovich, reported sales of 950,000 units in CIS, while selling 700,000 units in the rest of the world, almost all at full price. That would total about 1.65 Million copies plus, since the interview.

GSC proves, once again, that PC gaming isn't dead.
Impressive.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Minsc

Gold Member
Great news. Great game too.

PC gaming is dead though, so too bad none of these sales count.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Awesome news. Between this and The Witcher, every American who didn't buy a copy of at least one of these games should feel ashamed. The Witcher sold less in the US than Poland. Freakin' POLAND.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Also, on a side note: aren't European (especially Eastern European) piracy rates a lot higher than in NA? If so, it's evidence against piracy being the biggest cause of the decline of US PC game sales.

saelz8

Chairman Yang said:
Also, on a side note: aren't European (especially Eastern European) piracy rates a lot higher than in NA? If so, it's evidence against piracy being the biggest cause of the decline of US PC game sales.
Yes, according to the ESA.

Particularly Eastern Europe.

CoLaN

I wanted to buy this on STEAM...

I've seen all the videoreviews, it seems to have a fantastic atmosphere but im still not sure about the purchase.

Do you guys recommend it? is the replayability really that good? i heard it have 6 or 7 different ends.

oh..yea..erm...awesome numbers :p

Indeed

CoLaN said:
I wanted to buy this on STEAM...

I've seen all the videoreviews, it seems to have a fantastic atmosphere but im still not sure about the purchase.

Do you guys recommend it? is the replayability really that good? i heard it have 6 or 7 different ends.

oh..yea..erm...awesome selling numbers :p

It has 7 different endings iirc, but i only played through 2 of them and watched the others on youtube =(. If you want an incredible atmosphere then get a 8800gt all shadermods (float32 i guess) and crank everything up. Its awesome especially at night and in the "dungeons".

dLMN8R

Game's totally worth playing, but it really only has one "true" ending. 5 of the 7 are total throwaways, the other 2 you get to by doing a certain series of quests later into the game. After doing that series of quests, you're presented with a question. One answer leads to the 6th ending, which is better than the other 5, and the other answer leads to one final section of gameplay and then finally, the "true" ending.

CoLaN

Indeed said:
It has 7 different endings iirc, but i only played through 2 of them and watched the others on youtube =(. If you want an incredible atmosphere then get a 8800gt all shadermods (float32 i guess) and crank everything up. Its awesome especially at night and in the "dungeons".

Wow i didnt know about that mod. I've just seen the screenshots in some thread and...WOW at the differences; i got a 8800gtx

Thanks a lot, im going to buy it...right now.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna grab this from Steam... I am a bit worried about performance, but it's only 19.99 USD.

eXistor

One of the first games I bought when I got my new pc late last year. I was still able to find the limited edition for about $30,- Totally worth it. The game isn't perfect, but it was one of the best, most atmospheric games I've ever played. Great gameworld too. Loved the balance in enemies too, I was expecting armies of mutants, but really there just a small portion of the game. It all just adds to the realism...except for the fact that that are mutants, but I can overlook that.

Now for the obligatory 'lolol and dey thort pc gaeming was ded' people to come along. Impressive sales, I'm one of them :)

Looking forward to Clear Sky.

Zefah said:
I'm gonna grab this from Steam... I am a bit worried about performance, but it's only 19.99 USD.
What are your specs? It works really well on pretty much any reasonably recent hardware. Great framerate on any core2duo + 7900GS for example.

Dynamic Lighting is very stressful though. It's near Crysis in terms of stress on the hardware. my 8800GTS and 6300 @ 3.2ghz barely runs it smoothly at 1280x1024.

Top Bottom