• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

Is it true that Naoko wrote it?

I'm not really sure if she did write it or not...but I know that she did some art that's featured in the manual.

On this note, is there a special reason why PGSM didn't get a second series? Did the toys sell that bad?
ix0wtzsayxxebxbu13.png

The show didn't have very good ratings, I think. The show's run itself was actually cut down by two episodes near the end, apparently, so they had to rewrite some stuff and the ending was a bit more rushed than it was supposed to be. Or so I've read, anyway.

SaintZ

I see.

I think I read back in the day (10 years ago
riz043qux5.gif
) that the raitings were not that bad for the its time slot but the merchandising wasn't selling that good. I remember about the two episodes getting cut from the original plan but we got the Special Act and Act ZERO after all.

The days waiting for an announcement of a second season
8zdxcqdurg.gif
a whole year suffering.

bjork

I know they weren't super good quality as far as dvd sets go, but I will always kick myself for selling off those two blue boxes with the silver silhouettes. I got them for $80, can't get near them for that nowadays.

cajunator

Banned
I know they weren't super good quality as far as dvd sets go, but I will always kick myself for selling off those two blue boxes with the silver silhouettes. I got them for $80, can't get near them for that nowadays.

I kind of want these but heard the transfer quality isnt very good. For uncut seasons Id pay pretty good money though.

Quackula

It will never come out on bluray. I would buy it immediately if it did though.

Why not? Have the original prints been lost or something?

I mean they put out DBZ on blu ray after all, and I figure if any show is popular enough for them to go through the effort of cleanup and transfer, Sailor Moon would have to be it.

bjork

I kind of want these but heard the transfer quality isnt very good. For uncut seasons Id pay pretty good money though.

I could be misremembering, but I feel like there were zero options, just a menu with thumbnails for the episodes and that was it? The girls used to watch my copies at the shop, but I didn't really pay them too much mind until I didn't have them any more.

MikeMyers

Why not? Have the original prints been lost or something?

I mean they put out DBZ on blu ray after all, and I figure if any show is popular enough for them to go through the effort of cleanup and transfer, Sailor Moon would have to be it.

I don't think anyone has the rights to Sailor Moon anime here. Funimation has always had DBZ, and always released it.

Quackula

I don't think anyone has the rights to Sailor Moon anime here. Funimation has always had DBZ, and always released it.

I know about the rights issues in the US, though I'm pretty sure that'll eventually get taken care of in time for the new anime, whenever that happens, but that's not really what I'm asking.

I'm basically wondering what's stopping Japan from doing their own native HD blu ray release.

MikeMyers

I don't even think Toei has released Dragon Ball on Bluray either though. I know the upcoming one is by Funimation themselves.

cj_iwakura

I bought them for $99 and $149 respectively, at launch. They were never cheap.

Stulaw

I'm still collecting the Manga, I do love Sailor Moon though, as seen by my avatar. I binged through all 200 episodes a year and a half ago, wish there was an official DVD or Blu-ray release available in the UK.

I'm looking forward to the new animé :).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I take it the US distribution rights for the newest Sailor Moon show hasn't been decided yet.

It's going to be a bloodbath.

Syrinx

I take it the US distribution rights for the newest Sailor Moon show hasn't been decided yet.

It's going to be a bloodbath.

IIRC, it's going to get streamed with English subs on NicoNico (or somewhere) just as the episodes are airing in Japan.

If you're talking about physical distribution, then no they haven't. I'm not sure if whoever gets that will also get rights to distribute the old series though.

Has there really not been any info whatsoever about this new season/reboot other than it's supposed to be in the works? Do we even have a projected time-frame as to when we might hear some new info?

Syrinx

No way it starts in January. And with the complete lack of information, I'm not sure when it does.

Disappointing really. I remember coming on to GAF one morning and seeing that thread and doing a complete double-take.

Top Bottom