• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sally Yates testifies before Senate subcmte re: Flynn/Russ today 2:30EST (livestream)

Slacker

Oh look it's that guy who picked a running mate before winning the nomination.

Is he arguing that the EO was determined to be legal and Yates defied that by calling it illegal? Right before the courts determined it was illegal? Wut?

why are the GOP going to die on this hill? Is there really that much dirt on all of them out there that they are willing to go to fight for Trump when they could just as easily abandon his ass and get an actual GOP president in office?

brau

Its good to see someone that knows what they are talking about and can stand their ground on their decisions based on the legalities of the system and her responsibilities at the time. Way better prepared that some of these other people trying to discredit her.

zma1013

It's the year 2735, Earth is in a state of irreperable drought, major dust storms ravage the world, the oceans have swallowed all coastal cities, the rest were destroyed by nuclear war, and among the ruins, a single voice can be heard echoing through the lifeless remains of the former world saying... "but her emails"

why are the GOP going to die on this hill? Is there really that much dirt on all of them out there that they are willing to go to fight for Trump when they could just as easily abandon his ass and get an actual GOP president in office?

Because most of their base supports them, so they aren't dying whatsoever on this hill.

other than my state's senators (and the obvious ones like Cruz, Graham etc) I don't know which senators are for which states, but I can pretty much tell which senators are democrats and which are republicans based on what's being asked

pretty fucking sad

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
LOL, that last line by Cruz. Did he just try to justify a government agency/department not going through the proper legal channels because they're worried about "partisanship"?

That "party" has always been tainted to the fucking core.

I fully believe the bullshit began in earnest around the Reagan era. That's when the GOP decided to embrace and elect the religious loonies who justify all their actions with some God's soldiers bullshit. Why should they compromise with Democrats when Democrats love Satan and abortion?

From the New Deal era until the late '70s, you had some honestly moderate Republicans - the northeastern Rockefeller set - who wouldn't have stood for this bullshit. Now they're all gone because some assholes think God told them to run for Congress.

Swass

Obviously they are trying to make it that Yates was fired over defying the travel ban and not because she outed Flynn.. sadly she is intellectually superior to any of these republican clowns..

Top Bottom