• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sally Yates testifies before Senate subcmte re: Flynn/Russ today 2:30EST (livestream)

Note my original statement "in earnest." The Southern Strategy convinced aggrieved white people to vote Republican after the Civil Rights Act. The northeast, as I mentioned, still contained many moderate Republicans who supported civil rights. The Reagan Revolution, when religion became a primary factor ALONG WITH racism, decimated the Rockefeller set almost completely.

Sephzilla

Exclusive footage of Cruz during Yates response

tumblr_nqxcppK3oc1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
It's sorta scary just how prepared she is for the questioning. I mean her answers and rebuttals are split second quick... well for the republicans at least

I think it's more that Republicans are just really stupid.

I mean look at Cornyn. He thought he could trick Yates by making it look like she agreed with Trump and hoping she wouldn't notice.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Clapper: When a journalist does harm to our national security ... that's a red line, to use a phrase, that I think is unacceptable"

zma1013

How did Cruz even get elected? Where is the appeal, for anyone? Was there really no better R alternative where he was running?

espher

Are we sure Sasse is Republican? He isn't talking about her emails, EO and unmasking.

From Wiki:

In early 2016, while both parties' presidential primary election seasons were in progress, Sasse announced that he would not support Republican front-runner Donald Trump should Trump become the party's candidate; he was the first sitting senator to make such an announcement.[35] Sasse questioned Trump's commitment to the U.S. Constitution, in particular accusing him of attacking the First Amendment; he stated that Trump had refused to condemn the Ku Klux Klan; and he suggested that Trump "thinks he's running for King".[36] He stated that if Trump won the party's nomination, then he would vote neither for him nor for Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton, but would probably "look for some third candidate—a conservative option, a Constitutionalist".[36] According to a Sasse spokesman, he did not say that he would necessarily leave the party if Trump was nominated.[37]

Trump, asked about Sasse's third-party suggestion, stated "That would be the work of a loser."[37] Several Nebraska Republican politicians, among them state senators Bob Krist and Beau McCoy and U.S. senator Deb Fischer, took exception to Sasse's statements: Krist described Sasse's comments as "very immature", and declared that Sasse should "quietly and in a statesman-like manner allow the system to work out and provide the leadership that needs to be provided"; Fischer stated that a third-party alternative to Trump would essentially guarantee a Clinton victory.[38]

Looks like he was anti-ACA, anti-abortion, and presumably anti-same-sex marriage, though. So, perhaps country before party, but still party.

Now Graham is leaving? Are they all being called to meet with the WH/ Trump to discuss how they're going to distract from the asswhooping Sally Yates is handing them or what?

sangreal

How did Cruz even get elected? Where is the appeal, for anyone? Was there really no better R alternative where he was running?

Sarah Palin got him elected. Seriously. Also a bunch of GS bribes loans

All he had to do was win the primary, because it's Texas

MajorMane

Sasse can hold some opinions that don't make me proud of him as the Senator of Nebraska, but he's asking good questions here. It's refreshing to see.

Boke1879

Saw this on twitter and HOLY SHIT.
Tony Posnanski
@tonyposnanski
Sadly Ted Cruz has defended Trump's unlawful Muslim Ban more than his wife.

#YatesHearing

3:08pm · 8 May 2017 · Twitter for iPhone

Top Bottom