• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

San Diego Comic-Con 2009: The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mYm|17|

damn, smallville sounds good this year. I still hate that they decided to move it to Fridays........grrrrrrrrrr

I will miss my smallville/supernatural duo

Kevin said:
Trailer has been leaked (crappy cam quality) and if this trailer is any indication, Smallville MUST have gotten a major budget increase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj1aPjHYxzA

It's difficult to tell but I see many new locations, some really good special effects, etc. Again, I have to see a better version of the trailer to really tell for sure but it looks like there is even Krypton scenes or something in there. Really really amazing trailer here. :D

ARRRRGH!!!! THey made it private!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iwbe4KZKeo new link

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Now that the Con is over, let the whining about moving it to some other horrible location (i.e. Las Vegas) begin, just like every other year :lol

I'm sure you'd all LOVE to head to Vegas in the middle of August.

Sanjuro

krypt0nian said:
You hating it = its amazing. :D
Not this time. I just hate it. I've given Smallville probably like three or four chances.....it sucks.

huoytl.jpg

B-Dex

Smallville is fine and dandy but how come no one is talking about the biggest announcment from Comic Con!? Star Wars in Concert!!!

ckohler

krypt0nian said:
ARRRRGH!!!! THey made it private!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iwbe4KZKeo new link

"Oh my god! Oh my god! I'll only get to see this once! Oh my god! And so will all the people around me! Oh my god! But I want to be the center of attention, so I'll keep talking over the video! Oh my god! See how excited I am everybody? Oh my god! What did he say, I couldn't hear it because I was too busy talking. Oh my god!"

supersmack.jpg

ZeoVGM

Banned
ckohler said:
"Oh my god! Oh my god! I'll only get to see this once! Oh my god! And so will all the people around me! Oh my god! But I want to be the center of attention, so I'll keep talking over the video! Oh my god! See how excited I am everybody? Oh my god! What did he say, I couldn't hear it because I was too busy talking. Oh my god!"

supersmack.jpg

Here's a different video, that you can also view in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acf0V3QljmY

Audio isn't as good, but the screaming fangirl is gone.

Ariexv

PhoenixDark said:
How is Twilight any less worthy of being there than the other properties? It's a fantasy novel slash romance novel. Who cares.

They aren't much different from the overweight social outcast comic/anime/whatever fans who are stinking up the halls too
It's not that twilight was there that was such a huge problem, it was that Twilight was given WAY WAY to much space and time over other properties that deserved it more. There was something like 5 Twilight Panels while most stuff only had 1..... Harry Potter had 1 when it was @ Con.

critch

Banned
Ariexv said:
It's not that twilight was there that was such a huge problem, it was that Twilight was given WAY WAY to much space and time over other properties that deserved it more. There was something like 5 Twilight Panels while most stuff only had 1..... Harry Potter had 1 when it was @ Con.

I'm pretty sure, for better or for worse, Twilight brought in a whole lot of people that would not have come to the con and spent the money for a ticket otherwise. Something like Iron Man or Avatar doesn't really effect anything, if they're not there, the people that would have seen those panels would still have come to the con. Twilight people aren't interested in anything else except MAYBE Harry Potter.

You're forgetting that NONE of these movies should be there. It's called COMIC con. I imagine a lot of big comic fans that don't give a shit about Tron or whatever Disney is coming up are pissed that the con has turned into a movie con. They probably sound like you. :D

Ariexv

critch said:
I'm pretty sure, for better or for worse, Twilight brought in a whole lot of people that would not have come to the con and spent the money for a ticket otherwise. Something like Iron Man or Avatar doesn't really effect anything, if they're not there, the people that would have seen those panels would still have come to the con. Twilight people aren't interested in anything else except MAYBE Harry Potter.

You're forgetting that NONE of these movies should be there. It's called COMIC con. I imagine a lot of big comic fans that don't give a shit about Tron or whatever Disney is coming up are pissed that the con has turned into a movie con. They probably sound like you. :D
Pretty sure Con sells out with or w/out Twilight being there :p and while there is other stuff that possibly shouldn't be at Con there was nothing even close to being universally hated as Twilight and the Twilight fans @ Con, there was a booth selling Twilight sucks clothing and posters, and by Sunday dozens of people walking around holding up "Twilight ruined Con" signs.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
krypt0nian said:
You hating it = its amazing. :D

It had Teen Zod in it. The only correct response is seething hatred. If it has just been regular-kind Zod, I'd have screamed like a fangirl. Zod was never a teenager, he popped straight out of a kryptonian vagine with a sweet beard and a bad attitude.

OuterWorldVoice said:
It had Teen Zod in it. The only correct response is seething hatred.

Not sure what you mean. Zod has been a part of this series for years and that trailer was 2004 times hotter than anything so far. :D

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
krypt0nian said:
Not sure what you mean. Zod has been a part of this series for years and that trailer was 2004 times hotter than anything so far. :D

Then my successful ignoring of it redoubled my bafflement at why Superman having a costume this year is somehow amazing.

Sanjuro

It looks like shit. He is all emo'd out. The whole point of Smallville and Superboy were Clark's youthful adventures. Making things dark/black takes the spirit out of the character and it feels weird to introduce Clark to every character he ever will be involved with later in his life. Just give me a Superman show already. It will boost ratings significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom