• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satya Nadella takes the ice bucket challenge for ALS. Challenges Bezos and Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezuth

Mark Zuckerberg took the challenge. He challenged Bill Gates, Sheryl Sandberg and Reed Hastings.

Looks like nobody thinks Apple likes to have fun.

Phil Schiller already did

Te9IjvZ.png

MattyG

Banned
My father has ALS, and this has been really uplifting for him to see so many people made aware of the cause and so eager to participate.

He was challenged and just did his video. He challenged the governor of our state (Maine), and we just heard from someone who works closely with him that he said he'll do it.

My father has ALS, and this has been really uplifting for him to see so many people made aware of the cause and so eager to participate.

He was challenged and just did his video. He challenged the governor of our state (Maine), and we just heard from someone who works closely with him that he said he'll do it.

Glad to hear! My father passed away from ALS about 4 years ago. I am not thrilled that they the general language of the event is an either or proposition. However it has clearly worked in raising money for the organization, which is good news.

TheYanger

Good to hear :) I just lost my dad due to ALS last year, and it's one of those diseases where some people go really quickly and some last a long time, so anything that can keep your Dad mentally in the game is going to go a long way, life is too fragile to lose hope. Just like there are people here talking about two years or less, mine lived for almost 20 after he was diagnosed, so no matter what happens just stay positive for each other.

rezuth

Seriously, while I applaud the cause in this case this is messed up. Rich guy's version of Neknominate.

I think most people who do it donate, at least everyone I've seen so far. They do the challenge so that they in order can challenge others to do it.

MattyG

Banned
One of my gamer friends just said "how cool would it be to get the heads of one of the big 3 to do it?" So I tweeted at them (figuring they won't see it though), and at Greg Miller from IGN because the Playstation guys know him pretty well and he just did it yesterday. So maybe he'll re tweet it and get the ball rolling. Worth a try I guess!

Glad to hear! My father passed away from ALS about 4 years ago. I am not thrilled that they the general language of the event is an either or proposition. However it has clearly worked in raising money for the organization, which is good news.
Yeah, I was originally a little offput by how forward it was, but you're right, it's working! And I'm so sorry to hear about you're father.
Good to hear :) I just lost my dad due to ALS last year, and it's one of those diseases where some people go really quickly and some last a long time, so anything that can keep your Dad mentally in the game is going to go a long way, life is too fragile to lose hope. Just like there are people here talking about two years or less, mine lived for almost 20 after he was diagnosed, so no matter what happens just stay positive for each other.
That's terrible, I'm so sorry to hear that. My father's going on 7 years in December, so definitely a slow progressor like your father.

Smh the cynics about this thing are the WORST.

Yes, just donating $100 quietly will have the same impact as participating in a viral campaign like this. People just love to complain about things.

SummitAve

Banned
It's been fun watching all the local sports people and celebs challenge each other on twitter. Great cause.

I do wonder how long before somebody manages to kill themselves doing this though...

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Someone nominate the Bill Gates impersonator from Nathan For You.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Triple H did it too lol challenge Vince McMahon to do it and stone cold/The Rock

039a845ad3bb8f7d82699ea4683280ae.gif
Lol, that just looks like him cooling down after a day's work.

Can't wait to see Bono do it, Dr Dre better step up too.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
lol can't wait to see Mcmhaon do it. I'm sure the Gif will be used on Gaf for years to come.

Kite

The ones Gates did reminded me of a Mythbusters episode. First he sketched out his contraption, did a small-scale test, then busted out the tools and built something crazy.
*lightbulb*
Someone needs to challenge the Mythbusters hosts! Hope it involves some explosions :D

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Takei, Stewart, and Shatner, oh shit! That's an inspired list from Bezos.

mattiewheels

The Lamp

I wish something would go viral like this about Alzheimers Disease...

Happy that people are donating to this cause, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom