• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE trademarks 'Infraworld', very likely the next Quantic Dream game.

Replicant

So it's not called "Horizon" anymore like how it was suggested early in the development? I'm fine with this new title though and it seems it'd still be sci-fi related?

At any rate, my X button is ready. Heavy Rain is one of my favorite games this generation.

Replicant said:
So it's not called "Horizon" anymore like how it was suggested early in the development? I'm fine with this new title though and it seems it'd still be sci-fi related?

At any rate, my X button is ready. Heavy Rain is one of my favorite games this generation.

"I don't know where this information comes from but there is no project called Horizon featuring a couple in a science-fiction world currently in development at Quantic Dream," confirmed Cage. "Though if the script is available it sounds like a good idea."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/quantic-dream-working-on-next-gen-now

Replicant

To Far Away Times said:
Now with 20% less gameplay and twice the unintentional comedy.

Well, now that people already know what QD games are usually like, maybe they'll not buy it if they think they can't stand QTE. Otherwise it'd be like watching a movie that you know you'll hate and then complaining afterward that you don't like the movie.

SolidSnakex said:

Thx for this. I didn't know.

Sony can blow the roof off of Gamescom if they want to. A PS3 price drop, a showing of Quantic Dream's new game, a showing of Guerilla Game's new IP, and a new Uncharted 3 trailer would be incredible.

I like how Gamescom has turned into a better show than E3.

yurinka

ThisWreckage said:
Sony can blow the roof off of Gamescom if they want to. A PS3 price drop, a showing of Quantic Dream's new game, a showing of Guerilla Game's new IP, and a new Uncharted 3 trailer would be incredible.

In addition to the Vita release dates, updated game release list and some big 3rd party Vita games.

yurinka said:
In addition to the Vita release dates, updated game release list and some big 3rd party Vita games.

Absolutely. It's taken them a while, but the PS3's software library is incredible. I think there's going to be a couple of shockers at TGS too.

Elios83

ThisWreckage said:

Indeed, relatively for Sony E3 has become all glitters and smoke while Gamescom is more and more the real deal in terms of announcements. Too bad that Nintendo and MS don't support it more actively.

boingball

cuyahoga said:
The low standards gamers have depress me.

Well enjoy your next Halos, Battlefields and CoDs then.

I am happy to fork my money over for something different and unique, even if it has some weaknesses. Was afraid that Quantic Dreams next game would take a couple of years and would come out only on PS4. Still disappointed that they did not bring out any more DLC for Heavy Rain. But if that means that their next project is finished sooner so be it.

AAK

You guys are setting yourselves up for a major disappointment with so many expectations this Gamescon.

AAK said:
You guys are setting yourselves up for a major disappointment with so many expectations this Gamescon.

Gamescom.

And yes, I agree. I think due to the length of the presentation, it'll be Vita + 1 PS3 announcement.

Galvanise_ said:
Gamescom.

And yes, I agree. I think due to the length of the presentation, it'll be Vita + 1 PS3 announcement.

Media can be released outside of the press conference. Which means that trailers for games and such can be released after the conference is over.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
boingball said:
Well enjoy your next Halos, Battlefields and CoDs then.
False dichotomy. I can dislike both the dudebro games and the sub-TV-movie dramas.

Also, David Cage did say Black Ops was one of the best games of 2010.

V_Ben

Banned
cuyahoga said:
False dichotomy. I can dislike both the dudebro games and the sub-TV-movie dramas.

Also, David Cage did say Black Ops was one of the best games of 2010.

You should follow David Cage on twitter... it's sometimes entertaining. I think at one point he was lamenting that sony "bought" the invizimals dev, but not Quantic Dream. My french is a little rusty though.

spats

V_Ben said:
You should follow David Cage on twitter... it's sometimes entertaining. I think at one point he was lamenting that sony "bought" the invizimals dev, but not Quantic Dream. My french is a little rusty though.

He's on Twitter? All I know of is a bunch of fake accounts.

V_Ben said:

Are you sure its him? I've seen a few parodies of him (all funny). If he did say that, that practically means Sony will invest if the next game does well financially.

V_Ben

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
Are you sure its him? I've seen a few parodies of him (all funny). If he did say that, that practically means Sony will invest if the next game does well financially.

http://twitter.com/#!/Grutolla_David

PlayStation France kinda confirmed that it's him;
#FF spécial pour @Grutolla_David, fondateur du studio français Quantic Dream et créateur de Heavy Rain! ;-)
But then again, they could have been fooled.

Edit: I'm an idiot, told you my french was rusty. It's another fake... it says so right in the description.

Heavy Rain took a long ass time to develop didn't it? Hopefully they streamline some of the that development process or something. I'll be there day 1 though, cant wait.

Lion Heart said:
Heavy Rain took a long ass time to develop didn't it? Hopefully they streamline some of the that development process or something. I'll be there day 1 though, cant wait.

I recall reading that a vast majority of that time was spent on developing the engine.

Shiloa

I couldn't see if this was posted anywhere but it seems this may make an appearance at GDC:

David Cage has arranged an appearance at GDC to demonstrate the technology that underpins his next game projects.

The Quantic Dream co-CEO is scheduled to make a 60 minute lecture at the Game Developers Conference in March, discussing on stage how technology can capture emotion.

Cage will examine virtual actors, performance capture and art direction as well as present a tech demo to the public for the first time.
http://www.develop-online.net/news/39599/David-Cage-to-demonstrate-new-tech-at-GDC

Perhaps not a gameplay demo then, but an indication of what to expect.

newjeruse

Awesome. Heavy Rain was a great game with some flaws, but amazing atmosphere. I can't wait to see what his next project is.

Gomu Gomu

Withnail

Thanks for some common sense. I was beginning to think I was the only one here who saw it last year, when the charismatic host Jim "the flashes are making me dizzy" Ryan showed off a seemingly endless amount of Move shovelware.

Shiloa

Didn't he do the same thing with Heavy Rain? I remember the first video of the game was from a tech demo presented in a similar venue. IIRC, it showed pretty much what the game looked and played like.
The first video we saw, the audition, looked much worse and had no indication of gameplay in it.

Setero

Neo Member
Assuming this is another mystery type adventure game then hopefully this time around they will stick with more detective work and less action.

Elios83

I really can't wait for this. I loved Heavy Rain.
A March announcement sounds good, the game should be in advanced development, at one point they were considering to announce it last year.

Haunted

If they still have the Sony contract, make it for PS4 please.

I watched the GB QL by chance just recently and the tech (especially facial animation) looks dated already. I blame LA Noire.

Raonak

Banned
Absolutely loved heavy rain; I like cinematic games, so thats no suprise.
I don't see why people shit on it. It's like the evolution of adventure games like sam and max.

day 1. heavy rain was the first game that hit me on so many levels. I remember walking away from one of the early levels and saying "I nearly killed a guy." powerful stuff.

I was under the impression that they were going to make a multiplatform game.

Carl

I was under the impression that they were going to make a multiplatform game.
They have a 3 (i think) game deal with Sony at the moment. Cage seemed really happy and had nothing but praise for Sony in how they handled Heavy Rain, and the sales it achieved, so i don't see them parting ways just yet anyway

Top Bottom