• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Rohde "99% sure" that Sony Pulse Elite headset will work with PS4

I wonder what this means for fight sticks and other USB peripherals? Is this a special situation because it's an official Sony product?

Related info for US-GAF: Best Buy bundle with The Last of Us + Pulse Elite + 3 months PS+ for $168.97.

I hope this will work too

ps3-wireless-stereo-headset-2.jpg

Afrikan

I thought almost all of PS3's accessories (wheels, fight/flight sticks,headsets, etc) would work with the PS4, besides maybe the DualShock 3 controller.

USB3 works with USB2 no?

I thought almost all of PS3's accessories (wheels, fight/flight sticks,headsets, etc) would work with the PS4, besides maybe the DualShock 3 controller.

USB3 works with USB2 no?

They haven't outright said anything. Yesterday Scott Rohde said he was "pretty sure most USB stuff would work" during the Klepeck interview. It's still kinda up in the air at this point.

Halcyon

I own these so this is actually a question I want answered.

They are fantastic headphones and very easy to use.

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
This is great news. Hopefully they keep it compatible.

The Pulse headset is really convenient and the voice chat works wonderfully, and while the sound quality can't touch a dedicated set of headphones, it has pretty good sound quality overall and exceptional bass. It trounces the few other gaming headsets I've used in most every regard.

Only downsides are that the battery life could be better and the virtual 7.1 surround sound is awful.

btkadams

i'm pretty sure you could use the socom 1-3 ps2 mic with ps3, do this was expected tbh. i lost the usb adapter for mine though, so i'm going to wait for a further improved pulse headset before replacing (you have to buy a new headset when you lose the adapter).

dEvAnGeL

Is this headset any different to the Pulse headset that's already available?
the pulse has better bass but that's it, these are way more comfortable and also 50 dollar cheaper, for a bass lover the pulse ones are the better option, not to say these don't have a good bass

foogles

he can't just like.. plug it in and check?

He could, but he doesn't want to waste the two seconds to bother with that one particular brand/model of Sony headset, which he's surely carrying around with him at E3 at all times.

(The likelihood is that it either doesn't work now and support is only planned, or that he's not entirely sure about this particular headset model. These are the kind of answers you get when you throw mildly obscure hardware questions at software people in interview settings. Deal.)

Number45

the pulse has better bass but that's it, these are way more comfortable and also 50 dollar cheaper, for a bass lover the pulse ones are the better option, not to say these don't have a good bass
I already have the Pulse headset (this one), I was wondering if the elite version is different from that?

Valnen

Amazon sent me this.

R4S27Ol.png

Guess they think so too. Which is good because I've heard nothing but good things about the pulse elite.

Necrovex

That Best Buy deal is far better than I expected. I have been meaning about picking up a headset for my PS3 (and soon-to-be PS4). I might actually bite soon.

I'm sorry to bring this up again, but for those wondering or even maybe considering buying the Pulse Headset, I've personally just had my headset arrived on my doorstep yesterday and it is AMAZING.
Truely great, comfy and the sound, oh man, that Bass Impact! God like. I've never had as good headsets as those before! Plus it's a thing of beauty, I really like it aesthetically too.

I asked on the blog a few days ago and got more confirmation, seems they are working on compatibility with all their pulse headsets ($100 and $150 ones) -

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...custom-pulse-elite-headset-custom-audio-mode/

comment #9
"We are also introducing a specifically crafted audio experience exclusive for the PlayStation 3. The custom Grand Theft Auto V audio mode for Pulse – Elite Edition takes full advantage of the BassImpact technology embedded in the Pulse – Elite Edition headset to provide the ultimate Grand Theft Auto V experience. You can download the Grand Theft Auto V audio mode at no cost from the free Pulse – Elite Manager App. This exclusive mode enhances the game’s most epic moments like car crashes, explosions and more."

That sounds awesome! Never heard of that Elite Manager App before, when will it be available and where can I actually find the manager app?!

stryke

I'm sorry to bring this up again, but for those wondering or even maybe considering buying the Pulse Headset, I've personally just had my headset arrived on my doorstep yesterday and it is AMAZING.
Truely great, comfy and the sound, oh man, that Bass Impact! God like. I've never had as good headsets as those before! Plus it's a thing of beauty, I really like it aesthetically too.

"We are also introducing a specifically crafted audio experience exclusive for the PlayStation 3. The custom Grand Theft Auto V audio mode for Pulse – Elite Edition takes full advantage of the BassImpact technology embedded in the Pulse – Elite Edition headset to provide the ultimate Grand Theft Auto V experience. You can download the Grand Theft Auto V audio mode at no cost from the free Pulse – Elite Manager App. This exclusive mode enhances the game’s most epic moments like car crashes, explosions and more."

That sounds awesome! Never heard of that Elite Manager App before, when will it be available and where can I actually find the manager app?!

We have a dedicated thread for the pulse here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476391

The Manager App is only available on the US PSN and it's been available for a while, but like all things on PS3, it works with any account. Hasn't seen much traction though for unique game profiles considering buying a headset is a niche thing to do anyway. The only game specific audio modes available so far are Bioshock Infinite and TLOU.

Top Bottom