• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Stars has gone gold

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I hope it's good. I only played the demo for 5 min because I knew it was coming to GP, but I wasn't blown away by it. Will try it more in depth next month.

Very excited! Been looking forward to this game for many years now, backed on Kickstarter day one.

Funny to see there's a crusade against it from the whacko community.

Hope this turns out good. Also hope there are more Jordan Peterson references.

Wait, do these dudes do the modern day equivalent of Working Designs pop culture references?

Yeah I went to see what people were talking about with the JP Resetera stuff, and these people are insane. To completely write off a game as big as sea of stars because the dev team likes a conservative is hilarious.

Which is especially ironic considering some of the mods were exposed as grifters over the Hogwarts Legacy stuff, relentlessly attacking Forspoken with disingenuous claims, have been doing the same with FF XVI (despite SE not censoring LGBT stuff in it to appease Saudi Arabia), and cheerleading for a near $3 trillion mega-conglomerate to abuse their power valuation in a hyper-capitalist market to try buying their ways to the top.

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
gamepass-ultimate.gif

I have no idea why this was a controversy on REEEE and even after having to search for who Jordan Peterson is, how would any of his ideologies prevent me from enjoying a modern take on classic JRPGs? Truly insane people.

T-0800

I have no idea why this was a controversy on REEEE and even after having to search for who Jordan Peterson is, how would any of his ideologies prevent me from enjoying a modern take on classic JRPGs? Truly insane people.

Your ignorance has led to kittens being killed for fun. For fun. How do you live with yourself?

Mr Hyde

Played the demo and liked it very much. Gonna buy it for Switch, and maybe also PC. Great game for handheld gaming.

mopspear

I know they're not made by the same people but I tried playing Chained Echoes and something just felt off about it because of whole sorta-retro thing. Like it was and it wasn't. I would like to try this but I'd have to see some kind of really in-depth review. Stardew Valley didn't give me that feeling at least so it's not everything.

Moonjt9

God I can’t wait to play this game. The Messenger is a 10/10 and I am so hyped about a jrpg style from them. And yasunori mitsuda on music too? Hype levels are dangerously high.

Top Bottom