• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves co-developer Radical Forge confirms layoffs

Draugoth

Gold Member
southfield-1440x810.jpg

Sea of Thieves co-developer Radical Forge has laid off “a handful” of employees.

The Middlesbrough, UK-based indie studio said in a message posted on X that it was restructuring “to continue operating in the current challenging market”.

Founded in 2017, Radical Forge also has co-development credits on Gang Beasts, Rust: Console Edition and Zombie Army 4. It released its first original IP, murder mystery narrative-puzzler Bright Paw, in 2020.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Who knows how many "a handful" is. Thats a subjective term. It can mean 5 people or 20. At least that would be my estimate.

I find it amazing how in tech world, every time there is a layoff big or small they announce it to the world.

Every company I've worked at has their share of layoffs sometimes. it could be structural or the voluntary one where they are trying to gas as many 30 year club workers to take it so they retire from work.

Never seen any of my companies announce to the world small layoffs like this.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Everyone is making layoffs in the 5% to 10% range. Should just expect that it’s every studio.

Top Bottom