• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Spicer just hired a lawyer who specialized in congressional investigations

Slayven

http://www.thedailybeast.com/sean-spicer-hires-a-lawyer

The president’s former press secretary has tapped Chris Mead, a high-powered criminal defense attorney based, to handle issues related to the special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe, The Daily Beast has learned.

According to his bio page at the firm London & Mead, Mead specializes in white collar criminal defense and Congressional investigations, as well as issues related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act——a law that bars Americans from bribing foreign government officials. His law firm bio also boasts that he gained “extensive experience in money laundering” prosecutions when he was a prosecutor for the U.S. Attorney for the District of Maryland.

Spicer will need legal help for the probe. Axios reported last week that he took detailed notes throughout the presidential campaign, which may be of great interest and use to Mueller and his team of investigators.

Neither Spicer nor Mead responded to multiple requests for comment.

Nina Ginsberg, a founding partner of DiMuro Ginsberg PC and longtime criminal defense attorney, told The Daily Beast Mead is well-suited for his role.

“He’s got years of experience in complex cases and in dealing with difficult prosecutors,” she said. “He knows where all the pitfalls are and won’t get caught up in the politics.”

Spicer got deep pockets?

Syriel

Spicer's potential thought process: "Well, I signed that NDA, but court records are public records. If I turn all this over to Bob, then I can write that book and get millions!"

Top Bottom