• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Spicer Wrote Letter to College Newspaper After They Called Him 'Sean Spinchter'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Sean Spicer Wrote This Angry Letter to His College Newspaper After They Called Him 'Sean Sphincter'

http://theslot.jezebel.com/sean-spicer-wrote-this-angry-letter-to-his-college-news-1792787484

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer has a tumultuous relationship with the news media, in that they rudely ask him questions about current affairs and expect answers that make sense. It turns out there is a very long precedent for Spicer’s tepid love affair with the press, beginning in college, when they made a good joke about his name.

In between maniacally checking the phones of White House staffers to make sure they’re not leaking to the press, Spicer engages in very dignified Twitter beefs with New York Times reporters and gets hilariously, accurately skewered by Melissa McCarthy. In a nice bit of foreshadowing, Spicer once attended Connecticut College, where, as the Washington Post reported back in August, he got in a beef with the College Voice, the campus paper, over their reporting of his efforts to ban smoking in campus dorms. Specifically, and this is very important: Spicer was mad they called him “Sean Sphincter.”

The Voice staffers insisted it was a mistake. Spicer thought not, and wrote a historically ruffled letter to them, demanding a correction.

3C68C2C700000578-0-image-a-31_1485124331414.jpg

“Maybe I am not all that familiar with the production of a ‘newspaper,’” Spicer wrote in his missive, using really delightful and unnecessary scare quotes, “But I am really not sure how this can be explained as unintentional. While I would understand, and at this point even expect a misspelling or a misquote, this goes well beyond that.”

That it does. The historical record is silent on whether Spicer got the important correction he demanded. Going forward, please safeguard the knowledge that Sean Spicer does not like to be called “Sean Sphincter” and do not misuse it. We’re all adults here.

C5r6BB8XMAATJdN.jpg

Correction: An earlier version of this post mistakenly identified White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer as “Sean Sphincter.” We deeply regret the error.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Its a pretty fitting name as the only thing that comes out of his mouth is shit

Ri'Orius

Can you imagine if Obama called out everyone who called him obummer or osama?

Eh, not really comparable: while random commenters love to give people nicknames, certain institutions (such as newspapers, or Presidents) should be above such pettiness. Even, Fox News, IIRC, didn't use Obummer (although their insistence on using his middle name for a spell was atrocious and indefensible).

Plus, claiming it was a "mistake" is absurd. That's just straight-up lying bullshit. Glad to see college-age Spicy didn't stand for that: maybe current day Seanikins could learn a thing or two from his earlier example.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I see the Sphincter is tightening. If only there was a term for a celebrity drawing needless attention to news and creating a much bigger problem than the original offense.

Hexa

I don't want to be that guy, but really?
Complaining decades ago when a newspaper replaced his name with an insult is supposed to be an issue?
Or am I missing something?

Also, I support said efforts to ban smoking in dorms.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Unprofessional? He knows they're amateurs, right?

Exotoro

Every day we stray further and further from gods light and further and further into Trump's (Sean) Sphincter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom