• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Spicer got to meet Pope Francis

Acorn

I feel extremely weird for actually feeling a little happy for him, just as I felt extremely weird for feeling a little bad when I read that he wasn't invited.

He doesn't deserve my emotions, and yet here I am.
pretty much where I'm at.

I mean, I guess anyone can empathize with someone who really wants something so bad.

Some people ask for Shenmue 3, and some people ask to meet the Pope.

Keasar

Nice edgy post. I give it a solid 8/10.

Last time I checked, the Catholic Church were still in discussions with Society of Saint Pius X or SSPX for a reconciliation with the Church. Despite evidence presented by Swedish investigate journalists on Uppgrad Granskning that SSPX is basically a pedophile ring.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_of_Saint_Pius_X#Allegations_of_Abuse_Cover-Up

So pardon many of us if we don't see the Catholic Church in "better light".

Still too edgy?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Why the fuck is everyone in this thread happy for him? Am I missing some obvious sarcasm??

All this guy deserves is to be buried under the massive pile of shit that came out of his mouth during these past months.

Should I be lashing out with sensationalized anger and vitriol at this news? Why? The guy looked like he was on perpetual suicide watch without having slept in months while he was press sec, appearing overwhelmed with guilt, grief, and the burdens of the impossible-foolish task he set out for each morning.

His apparent conscience made him impressively terrible at his job of bullshit peddling for the world's preeminent narcissist-sociopath bullshitter, too, which performed a public service in its own way, so I'm reluctant to throw him too far under the bus for his time served. AFAIK Reince put him up to it, framed as a Greater Good sort of thing for him to be in there rather than someone like SS Huckabee-Sanders, and I concur.

As probably the one person in that entourage who placed legitimate spiritual importance on the Francis meet, it was pretty fucked up to single him out with the snub. So, yeah, good for him to have a second chance at it. That kind of experience can be humbling and transformative for the better.

oldboss

Should I be lashing out with sensationalized anger and vitriol at this news? Why? The guy looked like he was on perpetual suicide watch without having slept in months while he was press sec, appearing overwhelmed with guilt, grief, and the burdens of the impossible-foolish task he set out for each morning.

His apparent conscience made him impressively terrible at his job of bullshit peddling for the world's preeminent narcissist-sociopath bullshitter, too, which performed a public service in its own way, so I'm reluctant to throw him too far under the bus for his time served. AFAIK Reince put him up to it, framed as a Greater Good sort of thing for him to be in there rather than someone like SS Huckabee-Sanders, and I concur.

As probably the one person in that entourage who placed legitimate spiritual importance on the Francis meet, it was pretty fucked up to single him out with the snub. So, yeah, good for him to have a second chance at it. That kind of experience can be humbling and transformative for the better.

Alright, my sarcasm radar is kind of ticking, but I'm not sure if I can still trust it.

My reaction may have been over the top, but I just can't be bothered in the slightest to care about that man, period.

Let's just hope this experience does indeed transform him and he starts waging war against Trump.

Buckle

Spicer was a leech laughing at Trump's dumb and damaging fake news jokes like the stooge he is and I sure as hell haven't forgotten this.

Spicer knew what the job was, who he was going to be working for and going to bat for. Until he condemns the Trump administration, I feel no sympathy for him.

He's a shit person but yeah even I felt bad when he was snubbed lol. Maybe he will become a better person after the trump shitshow and this meeting.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I am oddly happy for him. That was the one thing he wanted when Trump went to visit. Sadly was given a fuck you and was not allowed.

I feel extremely weird for actually feeling a little happy for him, just as I felt extremely weird for feeling a little bad when I read that he wasn't invited.

He doesn't deserve my emotions, and yet here I am.

I agree. He was working a tight tight rope. He didn't need to be shut out. However I don't feel weird. Am happy for him.

Top Bottom