• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spicer, a Catholic, was told at the last minute he wasn't on the list to see the Pope

Xe4

Banned
Wearing black is the protocol for meeting the Pope. The "privilege of wearing white" is reserved for the Catholic royal houses of Europe.

God does Catholicism have some weird ass traditions. I suppose it makes sense, with it's ~2000 year history and all.

OT: No sympathy for me. Don't work for a shitbag and expect not to be treated like crap.

nampad

Trump fucking with his own people. Poor Spicer, every employee knows how fucked up it is when your superior doesn't value you and fucks you over.

Saganator

Too bad SNL is on break, I'd love to see them reenact this.

Zero fucks given for Spicey, because he gives zero fucks about you and me. Maybe after he gets fired he can go on a personal trip and repent.

meppi

DAnYWzQXYAEoJxs.jpg

He was practicing just last week for the meeting.

Sheesh, looks like a funeral.

Seems like Spicey had his very own meatloaf incident :-D

Can't feel sorry for Spicer cause he's an asshole. But, man, you have to give Trump credit: The man is an absolute moron, but at the one thing that he's really good at — being the walking embodiment of pure human shittyness — he really is in a league of his own.

KarmaCow

Meh, I don't take joy from him getting screwed over but he's not some hapless idiot who got duped. At best he's a tool who thought selling himself out was worth it but underestimated Trump's ego.

It's understandable why if this would be the thing to break Spicer but it would still be awful if it wasn't the rest of the shitty things Trump has done.

kess

Trump is so myopically cruel, he doesn't even care if his own spokesman looks like a pathetic sad sack to the rest of the world. Sow the wind, dude.

I was born and raised in a Catholic family, I don't go to church unless my mom insists.

I gotta say I can't help but feel a little bad for Sean, shitty as he as a person.

Oersted

There are so many who will never able to meet the pope. And the only reason Spicey got so close was that he sold his soul.

So whatever.

KingV

One day Spicey is going to be on stage and say "you know what, fuck Donald trump, y'all are right. He's a piece of shit"

Some people want to believe so badly in something that isn't true.

By that I mean, believe that Trump is not a disturbed manchild who won't stab you in the back or fuck with you on a whim.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I imagine Spicey looking longingly out of his hotel window towards the Vatican, singing 'Somewhere out there" from An American Tail while thinking about the Pope.

Biske

Look on the brightside Sean... if the pope met you in connection with Trump, specially as "here is one of his chief lackeys" he'd think you were a huge asshole... so maybe its for the best.

Hilarious though that you sell your soul for this asshole, an obvious asshole, everyone knows it, everyone knows you are debasing yourself, yet you don't even get that small perk.

Yeah it sucks for Spicer, but I have no sympathy for him. Look at who his boss is. Are you really surprised he was denied at the last minute. Spicer is willingly working there. Nobody is holding a gun to his head. If he was so tired of it and didnt like it, he'd quit.

I mean look say what you want: this guy has a shit job defending this shit show and is forced out without any information and fully aware whatever he says will be contradicted in a tweet or interview. The guy is a Catholic and took this trip in hopes of meeting the pope. 45 is that much of a petty asshole that he wouldnt include Spicer on the list. That is such a big fuck you for no reason. I mean Jesus, adding a name to a list is the easiest thing that could have been done to make his day/life BUT also buy his loyalty.

Having Bannon sit with Saudis and now this: is Trump fucking with his white house?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
With the amount he's lied willfully in front of millions, I'm not sure why he'd be eager to meet someone who's the highest authority of the Catholic religion.

"Boy oh boy, this confessional is gonna be GREAT!"

I mean look say what you want: this guy has a shit job defending this shit show and is forced out without any information and fully aware whatever he says will be contradicted in a tweet or interview. The guy is a Catholic and took this trip in hopes of meeting the pope. 45 is that much of a petty asshole that he wouldnt include Spicer on the list. That is such a big fuck you for no reason. I mean Jesus, adding a name to a list is the easiest thing that could have been done to make his day/life BUT also buy his loyalty.

Having Bannon sit with Saudis and now this: is Trump fucking with his white house?
I think these are threats. Trump would probably try to get Spicer excommunicated and Bannon made the ambassador to Saudi Arabia haha.

daveo42

Banned
He was practicing just last week for the meeting.

Trump looks like the only one happy to be there and it's probably because he thinks getting a photo op with the Pope means his approval rating will go up or something because "he looks like more of a Christian" now.

Can't say he doesn't deserve it for working for a known shitbag, but as a Catholic I have to empathize a little bit. I'd be completely gutted if my boss fucked over my one chance to meet the Pope. I'd probably start going rogue and leaking shit to the press.... but that's just me.

I wondered about the black dress for the women, and I didn't know this but only Catholic queens and princesses are allowed to wear white in the Vatican, and they get the privileged granted by the Pope before-hand. It's called something like the Priviledge du Blanc in French or something.

I don't feel bad for Spicer at all but it just shows just how shitty a person Trump is down to even the minutiae. Demands loyalty but not willing to do anything for anyone else... Just a complete user and abuser
Couldn't have said it any better

He just kicks everyone down at any opportunity because he gets off on stupid petty power trips like this. Such a fucking asshole

Don't know a lot about the Catholic church, huh?

It sounds like he knows more about it than you. The Catholic Church (and the sort of things recent popes have said, including Benedict XVI) has little in common with the Trump administration; certainly not if we're talking about fiscal issues, or healthcare, or the environment, or immigration

Top Bottom