• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spicer, a Catholic, was told at the last minute he wasn't on the list to see the Pope

DeviantBoi

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/24/politics/trump-pope-francis-white-house-staff/index.html

Spicer fumed to colleagues after being excluded from the President's meeting with Pope Francis, an administration official told CNN on Thursday. He was eagerly anticipating meeting the Pope, but discovered at the last minute that he was not on the shortlist of White House officials selected to join the President for the private audience.

Spicer assumed he would be on the list, the official said, adding that meeting the Pope was one of the bucket list items Spicer, a Catholic, wanted to check off during his tenure as press secretary.

I guess loyalty is a one-way street for Trump. Now Spice knows where he falls in the pecking order at the White House. He's probably on his way out.

Snub if old.

I don't feel bad for Spicer at all but it just shows just how shitty a person Trump is down to even the minutiae. Demands loyalty but not willing to do anything for anyone else... Just a complete user and abuser

Maybe God's giving you a sign, Spicer.

I don't feel bad for Spicer at all but it just shows just how shitty a person Trump is down to even the minutiae. Demands loyalty but not willing to do anything for anyone else... Just a complete user and abuser

Right? When he says loyalty, he means subservience and the only things he wants to hear from other people's mouths are ass-kissing or silence.

Yeah that kinda sums up how I feel. Can't feel bad for the shitbag but I can still be incredibly depressed that the US President is a shitbag, even to his own people.

Dali

"Awww, Spicy, I'm so sorry. I completely forgot. I hope you'll accepted this reading material he have me as an apology. Its signed and everything. Greatest apology. The very best apology."

danm999

It's no wonder his White House leaks like it does if this is how he treats his staff.

Keep it up I say!

Tovarisc

Like I said in other thread yesterday this makes feel for a guy little, no matter how one feels and thinks about his performance as press sec.

He is maybe most Catholic person in WH (at least what I have read) and flew to trip just for this Vatican leg so getting middle finger like this from his boss must hurt. Letting Spicer join group to meet Pope would have been so small thing for Trump to okay while huge deal for Spicer, but nope.

Trump gotta keep being an asshole.

newjeruse

Here's a hot take: fuck Sean Spicer. People should stop pretending to care he wasn't allowed to meet the Pope. No one in that administration is owed a sliver of sympathy.

0519_snl-1000x668.jpg

Nokterian

This shows how everything works in the white house..like a mafia there no ranks, only loyalty and commitment give you access.

This might be the one time I genuinely felt bad for him lol.

You sold your pride and dignity for the world's most ungrateful boss and he wouldn't even give you this.

This shows how everything works in the white house..like a mafia there no ranks, only loyalty and commitment give you access.

It's not even that. Spicer has been as loyal as possible to Trump ever since he became Press Secretary. This is just him making a fool of him because people make fun of him so much. It's pettiness to its very core.

Like I said in other thread yesterday this makes feel for a guy little, no matter how one feels and thinks about his performance as press sec.

He is maybe most Catholic person in WH (at least what I have read) and flew to trip just for this Vatican leg so getting middle finger like this from his boss must hurt. Letting Spicer join group to meet Pope would have been so small thing for Trump to okay while huge deal for Spicer, but nope.

Trump gotta keep being an asshole.

Pretty much.

To be honest, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was intended as a "punishment" of sorts for Spicer given the gossip about Trump's dissatisfaction with him (most of which can be laid at Trump's feet for undermining his own press staff with his constant fuckwitted tweeting). Take him along, make him believe he might get his chance, then exclude him at the last minute to send a signal - exactly the kind of petty, mean shit Trump has been reported to pull.

Can't feel too bad for Spicer who happily hitched his wagon to the Trump Train even knowing everything we do about Trump, but it's a shitty way to behave. On the plus side, it does mean that even those who are in the inner circle are being treated so badly that I can't imagine there's much loyalty, so as things start to fall apart we can look forward to them turning on one another and their boss rather than closing ranks.

jediyoshi

No sympathy here, I rest the tiny bit easier knowing resentment rises from somewhere within the White House towards donald.

Fuchsdh

And that's why I've always found the "he's preparing a dictatorship!" sky-is-falling wailing utterly ridiculous. Trump is only in power because of democratic processes. The guy could never hack it as a totalitarian strongman because he can't stop being shitty, even to the people inside his administration.

Spicer is a grade A poor human being but still getting denied to see someone you look up to (even if the Pope would probably just tell him to read the stuff he gave his boss) has to sting.

Poor guy. He doesn't deserve this kind of treatment...

...is what I would say about any other ordinary person, but this is Sean Spicer, an integral cog in the machine who continues to enable and defend this presidency, so I revel in his misfortune and the sight of the top brass slowly eating one another.

I'm no Spicer fan but I've seen lots of instances where bosses just fuck over their employees, sometimes for no reason whatsoever, so I feel some pity for the guy.

Top Bottom