• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega announced Jambo! Safari (Wii/NDS)

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
yaaaay another reason for camineet to post humongous flier scans yaaaaay

camineet

Banned
Katana_Strikes said:
Damn, this was supposed to come out on the DC with that Ambulance game.

Yeah, I mentioned that :)

All 3 games: Brave Firefighters, Emergency Call Ambulance, Jambo! Safari, were supposed to be released together on a single Dreamcast GD-ROM, earlier this decade....

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
They have 2 awesome skateboarding arcade games that would work perfectly with the balance board and we get Jumbo Safari? Really? Congrats to the fans I guess.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
camineet said:
Arcade version Flyers:

(Japan)
16138801.jpg

What the hell Sega, zebras and lions aren't that big. The ostrich alone could lay eggs the size of children. I bet they all breath fire and shit out spiked sticky bombs when you chase after them too.

SovanJedi said:
What the hell Sega, zebras and lions aren't that big. The ostrich alone could lay eggs the size of children. I bet they all breath fire and shit out spiked sticky bombs when you chase after them too.

This is why you have to capture them.
These animals were part of a genetic experiment to try and solve world hunger by making giant animals.

Daigoro

i love this game. i put a shitload of money into a unit at a Wal-Mart down the street from where i used to work.

could be fun on the Wii. the DS though... eh.

i want a sit down arcade unit for myself.

adg1034 said:

excellent. i had that book as a child. i allways think the same thing.

firex said:
Sega is telling PS3 owners "Go back to Afrika."

:lol

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
camineet said:
OMFG Yes

If they're willing to bring out an 7-8 year old NAOMI arcade game, I hope they'll also concider bringing home an 11 year old MODEL 3 arcade game (Daytona USA 2 Battle on the Edge and Power Edition).
Pretty much my line of thought. It's not Daytona USA 2, but it gives me hope that if Sega can bring this back... :D:D:D:D

camineet, have you found any decent Daytona 2 machines where you live? All of the Daytona 2 cabs I know of either have wonky steering, fourth gear not registering, monitors that have seen better days, and/or a steering wheel held on by a rubber band and duct tape.

BikoBiko

Ok, so judging from the screen you steer by tilting the remote left and right? So catching can be done by using the nunchuck I guess. Seems like a strange combination.

Alphahawk

I remember playing the game as a kid. If I remember correctly the rope was controlled simply by moving a switch up and down (think changing gears in a racer) so if anything this game should actually have more control than than the arcade version.

Also this seems like as good as time as any to ask Sega for my dream XBL game: Pleaser bring Planet Harrier To XBL and I'll love you forever.

beje

Banned
BikoBiko said:
Ok, so judging from the screen you steer by tilting the remote left and right? So catching can be done by using the nunchuck I guess. Seems like a strange combination.

I Think it's the other way round: steer with nunchuck (a combination of tilt and stick a la SSX Blur would be cool), gas and brake in C and Z, Wiimote for catching animals. Waiting for non-bullshot screens.

Daigoro

Alphahawk said:
Also this seems like as good as time as any to ask Sega for my dream XBL game: Pleaser bring Planet Harrier To XBL and I'll love you forever.

i like the cut of your jib son!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
fuck yeah! another first party title for the Sega Wii!

SovanJedi said:

this made me laugh pretty hard :lol

GDGF

Soothsayer
Isn't this the same game some of you were asking for in that 'Cool Games That Never Made It Out Of The Arcade' thread from a while back?

How cool is that? :lol

Maybe if you guys can get this, I can get Planet Harriers.

Emergency Call Ambulance was one of the very last Model 3 arcade games.

Can't believe I'd see the day of a Jambo port all these years later (10+ years!!). This gives hope for other Model 3/Naomi games that never got ported to see the light of day. Don't wanna get into lists, but, ahh hell, ANY OF THESE would make an awesome Wii game:

Gunblade NY
L.A. Machineguns
Top Skater
Daytona USA 2
Scud Race/Super GT
Brave Firefighters
Virtua Cop 3
Lost World Jurrasic Park

To name a few. Although some of those are Model 2 board, I don't care.

Alphahawk

Arpharmd B said:

Can't believe I'd see the day of a Jambo port all these years later (10+ years!!). This gives hope for other Model 3/Naomi games that never got ported to see the light of day. Don't wanna get into lists, but, ahh hell, ANY OF THESE would make an awesome Wii game:

Gunblade NY
L.A. Machineguns
Top Skater
Daytona USA 2
Scud Race/Super GT
Brave Firefighters
Virtua Cop 3
Lost World Jurrasic Park
Planet Harrier

Fixed.

Although the best version of The Lost World was the "ride" version they had at a couple of gameworks, where they put you in a black room and swung your chair around to different screens. Really I can't imagine The Lost World any other way.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Alphahawk said:
Fixed.

Although the best version of The Lost World was the "ride" version they had at a couple of gameworks, where they put you in a black room and swung your chair around to different screens. Really I can't imagine The Lost World any other way.
A sports bar near me has a compact Lost World machine. They also have a Hydro Thunder cab, too. :D

camineet said:
All 3 games: Brave Firefighters, Emergency Call Ambulance, Jambo! Safari, were supposed to be released together on a single Dreamcast GD-ROM, earlier this decade....

I'll bet Sega considered doing that now...

... But then they realized that they'd make more money selling them each separately. :(

Tiktaalik

Holy Shit!

This is really awesome. This is actually a fairly rare arcade game. Though it would have been an easy port, unlike other games like House of the Dead and Crazy Taxi it was never ported to Dreamcast.

I'm excited!!!!!!!!

camineet

Banned
Arpharmd B said:

Gunblade NY
L.A. Machineguns
Top Skater
Daytona USA 2
Scud Race/Super GT
Brave Firefighters
Virtua Cop 3
Lost World Jurrasic Park

Yes, yes I couldn't agree more, Arpharmd B. I wanna see the day when every single MODEL 2 and MODEL 3 game is ported or at least emulated perfectly, on current-gen consoles (360, PS3 and Wii). The current gen consoles is the first generation of home consoles that can handle MODEL 3 games without sacrifices, as the Dreamcast and PS2 could not, since in different areas of rendering graphics they fall short of MODEL 3 in several ways. Although the GameCube and Xbox probably could, if carefully programmed for, which means the Wii could also.

I want every single one of those games.

robut said:
If this can make it then maybe any old Sega arcade game can.

More than anything, I want a Sega arcade racer collection for Wii. Daytona, Sega Rally, Scud Racers, Indy 500, ManxTT, etc.

PLEASE, Sega????

They chose this out of their tremendous arcade/DC library? :lol
So many great games, I really don't get it.
I remember playing this one a couple times in the arcade, but it never made a big impression on me.

Unfortunately, people might also get confused because there is shovelware on the market with the name safari in it. :(

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
woxel1 said:
OH MY GOD

OH MY FUCKING GOD

DAY ONE

And now it's finally happening, I'm like fucking Nostradamus here. This is the reason I bought a Wii!

Day. One.
so, ermm, are you saying it's good? : )

Gagaman

acidviper said:
do you have sales numbers for viva pinata/afrika/zoo keeper?
Not really, and I honestly couldn't give a shit. Every game doesn't have to be a million seller AAA etc etc title, and I doubt Sega is spending a huge amount of money on this either. It will do pretty well for what it is, I think.

Top Bottom