• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega announces TGS 2016 lineup (Yakuza, Valkyria, Persona, more.)

Sega has announced the titles they'll be bringing to TGS.

Sega Games

• Puyo Puyo Chronicle (3DS) – Playable, Trailer, Stage, Goods
  • Valkyria: Azure Revolution (PS4, PS Vita) – Playable, Trailer, Stage, Goods
  • Yakuza 6 (PS4) – Playable, Trailer, Theater, Stage, Goods
Atlus Games

• Persona 5 (PS4, PS3) – Playable, Trailer, Studio, Stage, Goods

Other titles being shown include:

Sega Games

• Phantasy Star Online 2 (PS4, PS Vita, PC)
  • Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice (3DS)
Mobile Games

• Ange-Vierge Girls Battle (iOS, Android)
  • Hero Warz (iOS
  • Monster Gear Burst (iOS, Android)
  • Puyo Puyo Quest (iOS, Android)
  • Sega Net Mahjong MJ (PC, iOS, Android)
  • Yakyuu Tsuku (PC, iOS, Android)
  • Yumeiro Cast (iOS, Android)
5pb. Games

• Anonymous;Code (PS4, PS Vita)
  • YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World. (PS4, PS Vita)
Nippon Ichi Software Games

• The Princess is Money-Hungry (PS Vita)
Warner Bros. Games

• LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (3DS, Wii U, PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Personally, I'm hoping for a big improvement from Valkyria: Azure Revolution and a strong showing of Persona 5. (Yet Persona has never really disappointed me outside of its delays.)

Source: Gematsuhttp://gematsu.com/2016/09/sega-announces-tgs-2016-lineup

Absolutely can't wait for Yakuza 6 being shown off at TGS. I've been waiting for a new gameplay trailer for ages, can't wait to see what upgrades it'll show off compared to Feb's tech demo.

SolidSmiech

Neo Member
Sega's doing very well in my book. Yakuza 6 and Persona 5 are some of my most anticipated games. Especially excited to see some actual Yakuza 6 gameplay since the demo. Hoping for a big overhaul since then.

I would like to see how far V:AR has come. That previous demo was...yeesh.

I'm very excited to see the changes in Valkyria: Azure Revolution... seriously can not wait.

Agreed, I just hope that the changes they've made work on both fronts. Not only do they need to fix the monotony and boredom of the gameplay in the first demo, but they also need to make sure that the systems they implement to do that all work together and create a satisfying experience. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

Labadal

Persona 5, Valkyria and Yakuza 6 are all games I want. I'm probably not going watch more of Persona 5, though.

Freddo

Persona 5, Valkyria and Yakuza 6 are all games I want. I'm probably not going watch more of Persona 5, though.
Same. I'm so sure I will enjoy Persona 5 and Yakuza 6, so I pretty much avoid reading about them since I want them to be as fresh as possible when play them.

Valkyria is a different story though, since it's not a traditional Valkyria game and not made by SEGA themselves.

Valkyria is a different story though, since it's not a traditional Valkyria game and not made by SEGA themselves.

First I've heard of this.

I was expecting it not to have been created by the original team, but not by SEGA at all? Could you elaborate?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Really want to see a good showing from Valkyria. But P5 i can live without. Its only going to hurt more with how long we have to wait

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
First I've heard of this.

I was expecting it not to have been created by the original team, but not by SEGA at all? Could you elaborate?

Its made by MediaVision(The original creators of Wild Arms for Sony,Digimon Cyber Sleuth, Valkyria Chronicles 3 ect), with one or two of the top people from the original game(the planner of Valkyria 1). The dev team largely are not apart of Sega. The original team doesn't even exist.

Sega has outsourced development for these types of titles for a long time now, as they have no real developer presence themselves anymore outside of one or two subsidiaries. They are a publisher with a lot of IP.

StereoVsn

Sega's doing very well in my book. Yakuza 6 and Persona 5 are some of my most anticipated games. Especially excited to see some actual Yakuza 6 gameplay since the demo. Hoping for a big overhaul since then.

Hell yes. I am especially looking toward returning to main man Kiryu as the only MC once again. Going to import 6 and double dip when English version comes out as I've done with every Yakuza game. No regrets!

The dev team largely are not apart of Sega. The original team doesn't even exist.

Shame to hear - hopefully Azure Revolution either comes together in time for its release or gets delayed if it's not good enough at TGS.

Either way, it's good to see they're at least trying to be open to the opinions of their fanbase. (Despite not simply creating a proper SRPG sequel/successor from the get-go...)

Looking forward to seeing more of Yakuza 6, and of course Persona 5 is always exciting, although this is right when it releases, so I wonder what exactly they'll be showing from it.

I'm also a bit curious on Valkyria.

Top Bottom