• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Sammy's Fiscal Report Lists Sonic Generations For PC And 3DS

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems that Sega Sammy's latest fiscal report lists Sonic Generations for the PC and 3DS: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/17/sonic_generations_3ds/

So, are we thinking this is a mistake or actually correct? Normally I wouldn't question a 3DS listing, but PC strikes me as rather unusual.

It's in the English file as well:

Suzuki Yu said:
from the English PDF file
Untitled-21.png

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Well, getting games on the PC isn't a bad thing, but I think people may have been hoping for I dunno... Virtua Fighter 5 FS or Yakuza 4 instead of... this. :-/

The 3DS version is on some US release lists, so it's probably legit. It'd be bizarre if there isn't an anniversary game for Wii, though.

FoneBone

PC definitely strikes me as an error -- has there been any Sonic game on PC since the Sonic Heroes port? -- but I don't know how you could type that instead of "Wii." Maybe some sort of browser game?

ElRenoRaven

Nirolak said:
It seems that Sega Sammy's latest fiscal report lists Sonic Generations for the PC and 3DS: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/17/sonic_generations_3ds/

So, are we thinking this is a mistake or actually correct? Normally I wouldn't question a 3DS listing, but PC strikes me as rather unusual.

That doesn't surprise me so much. The PC seems to be starting to make a comeback gaming wise. I think thanks to platforms like Steam developers are now finding ways to release their games and DLC etc without a lot of hassle. This has resulted in more games being released for it. Just look through the Steam store and you'll see a lot of games that you wouldn't have seen on PC before.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
PsychoRaven said:
That doesn't surprise me so much. The PC seems to be starting to make a comeback gaming wise. I think thanks to platforms like Steam developers are now finding ways to release their games and DLC etc without a lot of hassle. This has resulted in more games being released for it. Just look through the Steam store and you'll see a lot of games that you wouldn't have seen on PC before.
It kind of sticks out though since Binary Domain, their Western targeted third person shooter, isn't coming to the platform.

TimmiT

[Nintex] said:
PC = Project Cafe

lol wut
I hope not. I'd like to see what the Sonic modding community could do with the game if it's coming to PC.
FoneBone said:
PC definitely strikes me as an error -- has there been any Sonic game on PC since the Sonic Heroes port? -- but I don't know how you could type that instead of "Wii." Maybe some sort of browser game?
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing had a PC version.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If it was Project Cafe, it shouldn't be listed for this fiscal year.

This would also make the other PC listing be conflicting.

Colors was the first Console/Handheld simultaneous release ever for the Sonic series, so I can imagine they'll probably do the same from here on out.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Nirolak said:

Unless.....Nintendo is going to go Sega Saturn on us!

Shamallamatwist.jpg

Doesn't surprise me that much. It's not like we don't have Sonic games for the PC.

btkfd519u1zmwfhx0.jpg

Sure, Generations might be different, because it's a new game, but why not?

M3d10n

Nirolak said:

Scholar, gentlemen, etc, etc. You made my day, good sir!

Nirolak said:

I don't know what's so strange, plenty of Sonic games have been released on PC.

Veal

I really hope that PC listing is true! I really don't see a reason to not have a PC version of this game nowadays, especially since PC has gotten official ports of plenty of Sonic games (exceptions being Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Riders series and Wii Sonics and that arcade sonic game.)

Sciz

Sonic games don't get PC releases as frequently as they used to, but they still show up at random every once in a while. It isn't terribly surprising that a title with broad appeal and probable high sales expectations like Generations showed up.

And it will be beautiful.

jman2050 said:
Wait why is this surprising? Modern Sonic games have a pretty substantial history of PC releases.

since Heroes, not really. the ones on PC now have only occured very recently. brotkasten's image only goes back to 2010

Lijik

jman2050 said:
Wait why is this surprising? Modern Sonic games have a pretty substantial history of PC releases.
A pretty substantial history that went dead until All Stars Racing.

TimmiT

jman2050 said:
The last main Sonic game to get a PC release was Sonic Heroes.

Edit: beaten twice.

From The Dust said:
since Heroes, not really. the ones on PC now have only occured very recently. brotkasten's image only goes back to 2010
Riders and Mega Collection Plus both came to PC after Heroes. Though yeah, it's not substantial at all; Shadow, Gems Collection, 2K6, Unleashed, Colors, Sonic 4, Riders ZG and the Storybook games all skipped PC.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
MRORANGE said:
what about this?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110505030850/sonic/images/thumb/0/04/Sonic4ep1.png/300px-Sonic4ep1.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Believe me, you haven't missed out on anything. Sonic 4 sucks.

lunchwithyuzo said:
Riders and Mega Collection Plus both came to PC after Heroes. Though yeah, it's not substantial at all; Shadow, Gems Collection, 2K6, Unleashed, Colors, Sonic 4, Riders ZG and the Storybook games all skipped PC.

did Zero Gravity come to PC? i kinda want to pick it up for shits and giggles

From The Dust said:
did Zero Gravity come to PC? i kinda want to pick it up for shits and giggles
Nope, just the first game. Here's Sega's PC Sonic history since going 3rd party, not counting reissues of the older MD/PC stuff.

Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut (2003)
Sonic Heroes (2004)
Sonic Mega Collection Plus (2006)
Sonic Riders (2006)
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (2010)
Sonic Generations (2011)

Tucah

you speak so well
As I once saw suggested in the Sonic Generations thread, it would be so great if the 3DS version was completely different with redone levels from the handheld games.

Tucah said:
As I once saw suggested in the Sonic Generations thread, it would be so great if the 3DS version was completely different with redone levels from the handheld games.
Blegh, no it wouldn't. The GG/GBA/DS games are all pretty terrible compared to Sonic 1-3k/CD.

ElRenoRaven

Nirolak said:
It kind of sticks out though since Binary Domain, their Western targeted third person shooter, isn't coming to the platform.

Well Sega hasn't exactly been the smartest company since they went 3rd party. You never know. It could get a PC port later on. Course keep in mind I've never heard of the game even.

Top Bottom