• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Saturn turned 29 today

I remember really wanting a Saturn, being that I had and was a Genesis kid and I remember testing one out at Best Buy and thinking it was so cool. But if memory serves me, I think Sony had the PS1 priced at $150 or something by that point and my parents picked that up for me. As a kid I didn't care, happy to have a new console. Retrospectively, I'm thankful that it played out that way as the PS1 was just a whole other level of entertainment compared to what we had been playing up to that point.

None of my friends had a Saturn so I never actually played one in the wild. Cool system, but I was too busy with N64 and PS1 to even think of the Saturn, and by the time the N64 and PS1 were starting to show their age, Sega had me hyped for the Dreamcast, which I thought was a massively underappreciated system.

Papa_Wisdom

My fave console ever, peak sega, pretty much arcade perfect games (gameplay wise), though the less said about sega touring car and house of the dead the better) sonic team were at the top of there game (nights and burning rangers are still some of my fave games ever) importing arcade perfect Capcom fighting games, a few gems ported over from PlayStation (resi evil etc) fantastic 3D pad, and best pad for fighting games. And the best footy games of the generation (sega worldwide soccer) still have mine with al the official Saturn magazine demos and loads other stuff. Magical time for me. My brother had an n64 and my mates had playstations so I didn’t miss anything from that generation. Plus I least thought I was a little cooler than all my ps mates fighting the under dog fight.

Virtual on with the twin sticks ftw btw!!

fart town usa

Gold Member
Love seeing these comments sharing experiences and memories with the Saturn. Sega was never my favorite as a kid, it was always a supplemental console, Saturn included. Something about the Saturn just really engages me and it's always been one of my favorite consoles, even back when I was stuck to the NA library and trash games for cheap at Funcoland. The controller is so damn comfy and the games have such a unique visual style to them, even the multiplatform games. Having access to the full library turns it into a God-tier console. The Saturn should always be in the conversation; homebrew is great, translations are great, Mister is crushing it. A lot of people haven't experienced the Saturn and we as enthusiasts need to help keep it on their radar.

Here's another clip of Shining the Holy Ark, flashy battle footage. One attack in particular is really cool, Lingering Ghosts. Also a good example of the Saturn doing actual transparency w/ the Mirage enemy. I'm about 50% done now, furthest I've ever been. Playing w/ infinite money and maps/guide makes it such a great experience. Still challenging enough but streamlined in a great way.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Cued up a pretty amazing cutscene from Deep Fear. That is, amazing in how damn goofy it looks. The CG cutscenes in this game are so insanely primitive. Great stuff all the same. Definitely one of the sleeper Action/Survival Horror gems from that period, shame the voice acting is so awful because the production values are really impressive.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Love seeing these comments sharing experiences and memories with the Saturn. Sega was never my favorite as a kid, it was always a supplemental console, Saturn included. Something about the Saturn just really engages me and it's always been one of my favorite consoles, even back when I was stuck to the NA library and trash games for cheap at Funcoland. The controller is so damn comfy and the games have such a unique visual style to them, even the multiplatform games. Having access to the full library turns it into a God-tier console. The Saturn should always be in the conversation; homebrew is great, translations are great, Mister is crushing it. A lot of people haven't experienced the Saturn and we as enthusiasts need to help keep it on their radar.

Here's another clip of Shining the Holy Ark, flashy battle footage. One attack in particular is really cool, Lingering Ghosts. Also a good example of the Saturn doing actual transparency w/ the Mirage enemy. I'm about 50% done now, furthest I've ever been. Playing w/ infinite money and maps/guide makes it such a great experience. Still challenging enough but streamlined in a great way.

I had this game!

RAIDEN1

Top 10 in no order:

Elevator Action Returns
Burning Rangers
Battle Garegga
In The Hunt
Sakura Taisen 2
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Batsugun
Dungeons & Dragons Collection
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Policenauts

...man, what a good system.
Yet even with all that, bar Japan it was a global flop, clearly the consumer and developers didn't flock to the system in their droves.....The late Bernie Stolar washed his hands off it soon as he got into Sega....(a misstep when looking back amongst the many other missteps of Sega between 95-2000)

Last edited:
The battery lasts ages too if you leave the console plugged in. I had to swap mine out the other week because I didn't realize it had been unplugged for a few months but prior to that, the battery legit lasted a minimum of 2 years, maybe longer.

Biggest thing with the Saturn these days is to just leave it be if you have a PAR cart plugged in. That RAM slot is notorious for losing the ability to read carts. Mine sits in the same spot, disturbed as little as possible :messenger_grinning_sweat: . Got a hand vacuum that I use on it once a week. It's the prize jewel in my gaming collection and the one thing I still collect for, though not on the regular. Just need the Virtual On twin sticks and my collection is complete.
I had Virtual On for the Dreamcast with two sets of twin sticks. One of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had.

Krathoon

Yeah. I guess the RAM cart still works on my console. I have not tried saving anything to it. Did the cart use a battery? I don't think so.

I primarily use emulation.

I will have to test it out.

alf717

Got my first Saturn back in like '01 or '02 it was primarily a Mega Man machine. Always wanted to experience Mega Man 8 and X4 on the Saturn. I would later use it to compare ports so I got around to playing Resident Evil and Tomb Raider on it. Can't say I'm really a collector of the Saturn though, there was time I wanted to but by then it was too late and prices sky rocketed.

cireza

Cartridge slot does get prone to defects with time, and contacts won't work well.

I recommend choosing wisely which cart you want to use and never change it. Always leave it in. A Pseudo Saturn Kai is the best option as it does everything, including Memory Card. So you don't have to rely on the internal memory backup, which gets fully erased when the battery fails. If you buy your cart from Aliexpress, you will have to put some shielding in it yourself. You absolutely need it, otherwise some games won't work.

I would not recommend letting your console plugged in all the time because the original power supply gets hot, this is true for any old console in my opinion. Power supplies get hot, internal or external.

Finally even though Pseudo Saturn Kai enables this, you will use your lens more quickly with burnt discs. Even if you burn well organized discs (data structure) with a good burner and on good quality discs.

Use your console every once in a while. I use it once every week at least. Same for the CRT. Every year I open the CRT to blow the dust as well, and sometimes re-solder all the SCART pins.

This is a quick summary of my 27 years of experience with this console, which was bought used 27 years ago and still works today playing original games. Not a perfect console, but still quite reliable when taking all of this into account.

Last edited:

Sephimoth

Would be cool if some wizard could mod the 3D section in Sonic Jam into a few actual levels. They'd wrong a right that the Saturn never had a proper 3D Sonic.

nkarafo

Yeah. I guess the RAM cart still works on my console. I have not tried saving anything to it. Did the cart use a battery? I don't think so.

I primarily use emulation.

I will have to test it out.
Isn't the RAM cart meant to be used by the compatible games as extra RAM for better animations?

fart town usa

Gold Member
I played a bit of Grandia considering the English translation is all done. Holy smokes that game looks good. The production values are simply stunning.

Also learned that Baroque was fully translated as well, that game also looks fantastic. Such an interesting vibe.

I think this winter will be dedicated to playing Saturn and VR. Good times.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Isn't the RAM cart meant to be used by the compatible games as extra RAM for better animations?
Yea, mostly utilized for 2D fighters and also functions as a memory card slot but most people just use it for Pro-Action Replay. Like someone else mentioned, whatever cart you have in there, it should stay put. I never remove my PAR cart. Works for everything I need it for.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Would be cool if some wizard could mod the 3D section in Sonic Jam into a few actual levels. They'd wrong a right that the Saturn never had a proper 3D Sonic.
One guy has recreated some of the Sonic Extreme demos. It's all pretty janky cause it's mostly just to be a proof of concept but it's pretty cool all the same.

The 3D section in Sonic Jam is definitely the best example of what a full game could have been like.

I think a team will make a sonic game at some point, the last few years have been huge for Saturn homebrew so it's kind of just getting started in a way. There's even a proof of concept survival horror game, 'Cold Case', it's not much right now but it's cool all the same. Has a SH4 'The Room' vibe.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Always wanted one. Never owned one. Waiting for a mini that will never happen apparently.
I ordered a Retroid Pocket 3+ this morning for DC emulation. YouTube says it works for Saturn just fine. Just something to keep in mind if you want Saturn but don't want to deal with PC emulation and prefer something more streamlined/portable, has HDMI out too. It's on sale for $130 USD right now and can play up to GCN games.

Last edited:

Sephimoth

I ordered a Retroid Pocket 3+ this morning for DC emulation. YouTube says it works for Saturn just fine. Just something to keep in mind if you want Saturn but don't want to deal with PC emulation and prefer something more streamlined/portable, has HDMI out too. It's on sale for $130 USD right now and can play up to GCN games.
I have one of em, plays Saturn games nicely! And pretty much all Dreamcast games I tested

Last edited:

Calverz

I have a steam deck with some saturn games on it. I just mean it would be nice to have the console form factor. Even a mini version would be awesome with the kidney bean controller.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I've spent the last year or so playing mostly Saturn and PS1, so I can say this from recent experience...

Saturn's library aged much better than either the N64 or PS1. The best 2D ever beats the worst 3D ever every time.

The only way N64 beats Saturn is if you're only considering the North American library. Even if you're only counting NA released games, I'd probably take Saturn over N64, but I think Rare's N64 output is incredibly overrated and the only reason people think those games are good is that they were 8 when they came out. Mario 64 and OOT are two of the best games ever made, but you can only play Mario 64 and OOT so many times.
I’ll bite.

What rivals Mario 64 & and OOT on Saturn ?

Nintendo was on fire for 64.

Banjo Kazooie
Wave Race
Golden Eye
Mario Kart
Mischief Makers
Majoras Mask
Diddy Kong Racing
Smash Bros

The list goes on and on.

Then on PS1:
Resident evil 1 & 2
Final Fantasy 7-9
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy Tactics
Brave Fencer Musashi
Parasite Eve 1&2
Twisted Metal
Metal Gear Solid
Symphony of the Night
Megaman Legends

The list goes on and on and on for ps1.

You’re high as a kite to think Saturn had the quality and quantity with the other two.

t's a God-tier arcade machine and has enough single player exclusives to keep you plenty occupied.
first arcade game i played on the saturn was mk2 and the game paused/hitched so much i thought the disc the damaged.
3d arcade games were a mixed bag. sega mailing everyone virtua fighter remix for free because the original was disappointing is still kinda funny.

but dynamite cop is awesome and so are a lot of fighters (esp. 2d fighters), so most is forgiven.

PS1 and its controller were flimsier, and lest we forget, RPGs made the system.
i have both right here, and maybe it's just my copies, but the saturn plastic feels cheaper and flexes more to twisting/torsion.
saturn 3d controller is a proper beast though. i love its stupid size and shape.

ps1's library has something for everyone (even though im personally not the biggest fan).
top selling game was gran turismo.
in the top 50 highest selling ps1 games, only 5 or so are RPGs.

Banjo Kazooie
Wave Race
Golden Eye
Mario Kart
Mischief Makers
Majoras Mask
Diddy Kong Racing
Smash Bros

The list goes on and on.

Then on PS1:
Resident evil 1 & 2
Final Fantasy 7-9
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy Tactics
Brave Fencer Musashi
Parasite Eve 1&2
Twisted Metal
Metal Gear Solid
Symphony of the Night
Megaman Legends

You’re high as a kite to think Saturn had the quality and quantity with the other two.
You don't analyze a console based on 10 games. I respect the N64 and its games but I prefer the Sega Saturn

Mario 64 and OOT's rivals are Tomb Raider and Panzer Dragoon Saga. Tomb Raider is historically the rival of SM64, a great success due to its duration and its 3D environments. Despite this commercial success being on the original PlayStation, the Sega Saturn version is the same game..
Mischief Makers is an example of a type of game that is scarce on the N64 but abundant on the Sega Saturn, Keio Flying Squadron 2 is sufficient as an answer
Smash Bros is a very unique type of game but if we classify it as a fighting game again, there are plenty of options on the Sega Saturn

Final Fantasy 7-9, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy Tactics, Brave Fencer Musashi, Parasite Eve 1&2. These RPGs mentioned are from Square, Square games are a reference in the genre. There are no Square games on either the Saturn or N64. However RPG games are plentiful on the Saturn and almost non-existent on the N64. There are good RPG games beyond Square's borders, Lunar Shining Force 3 and Grandia are examples.
Symphony of the Night and RE1 are also present on Saturn, and the homebrew community has improved Castlevania.

all other games can be answered with exclusive Saturn games. Comparing the Saturn with the Playstation is difficult because despite both being from 1994, the Saturn was dead in 1998, Sega pulled the plug in favor of the Dreamcast. So both have the first Tomb Raider but only the Playstation has the sequels, in 1997 and 1998 mass production of 3D platform games began but Saturn was dead it did not receive exclusive games to challenge Spyro and Banjo , it did not receive a port of Rayman 2 , Spiderman or MegaMan Legends. So there is no way to compare with Playstation which received games until 2001.

But in relation to the N64, if the person likes the console, I respect it. But in objective data the N64 has fewer games. There are no Light Gun games, 2D games are scarce, fighting games are scarce, shmups are scarce, RPGs are scarce, FMV games like Enemy Zero? no .

N64 focuses on platform, racing, sports and fps games as its core. Its games in these genres are better , western guy love it. But the Saturn has some quality games in this category like PowerSlave, Daytona CE but N64 offers more games both numerically and in terms of quality. no doubt.

They are different consoles, Saturn is rich in oriental games and the N64 in western games, in general I choose the Saturn.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Man I feel so old. I was dating my wife at the time and we were meeting with friends to see Diehard 3.
We’re at the mall killing some time, and what…the fuck?!!! There’s Sega Saturn boxes in the window of Electronic’s Boutique! I head in and…it’s …out?!! Saturn’s out?!!!
I bought the console, Daytona USA, and an extra controller.
Holy shit I was beyond excited. I returned to the mall a couple days later for Panzer Dragoon.

Funny as I still vividly remember seeing Saturn that night, and getting home later, hooking it up, and playing.

I don’t remember a thing about watching Diehard 3 lol.

A pic of my Saturn collection at its peak. All bought new by myself.

Long since sold off. Got $1,800 for PDS which helped pay for my house. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

owMgz1Y.jpg

RickMasters

Don’t care what the nostalgic rose-tinted fanboys say, but that console was garbage.

PS1 and N64 were better consoles in every aspect.
YOU really dont know what you are talking about. Ill admit the PS1 and N64 were morse sensible choices. and were must haves of the era.

...but the saturn was special. It was the machine for capcom arcade games ( if you never played xmen Vs street fighter with the RAM cart then you simply never understood the appeal) . I was a fighting game addict who also spent a lot of my youth at the local sega world... a lot of us practiced KOF 96 at home then went there or to goodge street arcade.

if you were an arcade guy in the 90s the saturn was your machine. sure, I bought a PS1 for the namco stuff (ridge racer and tekken were must haves! wipeout was pure 90s vibes ..and of course colin mcrae rally!... and other stuff like bloody roar and GT). sure I grabbed the N64 for mario 64 (fealt like walking on the moon for the first time...real 3D movement!) , golden eye mario kart, F-zero (these three were multiplayer mainstays in my house in the 90s...could play them for hours with friends and pizza) and zelda (its a toss up between Panzer dragoon: saga and zelda: OOT for my fave game of that era) .....

.....but the panzer dragoon series....virtua fighter.. virtua cop..last bronx, fighters megamix sega rally.... burning rangers.... the first dead or alive, the capcom fighting games..the SNK fighting games.. in fact...fighting games in general. radiant silver gun..sillhouete mirage, guardian heroes ..thunderforce 5 the grandia games!...jeez! duke nukem and quake were ports that were not supposed to be possible on that hardware but there good for what they were. that machine was fucking awesome....if you never had one and experienced those games at the time you did really miss out. Ill always associate it with the 90s..the twilight of my youth/childhood...the twilight of segas hardware years and the arcades in general....what an era....It just sounds like you missed out...the more I remember it. there was sometjing very cool about segas 32-bit underdog...and it constantly surprised. I spent hours perfecting my fighting game skills against friends and I could make a pound coin go a very long way on a fighting game as a result, of that console. it was special. I loved all my consoles of that era for different reasons. but anybody who owned all three will tell you saturn was a special peice of kit..espcielly if you were importing games for it ( anybody else here used to go CEX on tottenham court rd, back in the 90s?....went to trhe arcades near by?.....you probably ran into me once or twice! lol... really was a golden era for gaming ...even though it was painful segas home console division...they were leading the way with gaming graphics with their Model series arcade boards.....who knows what could have been had they went with the lockheed designed chipset instead of the complicated mess of hardware they actually released...... I still think they would have lost, but buy would those arcade ports have been better and maybe more 3D games would have had their first on the saturn. ...all the same...I love it for what it is, and the games that pushed it were spectacular.

RickMasters

When you talk about Sega Saturn the first thing that comes to mind are the games but the Saturn's real asset is not just about games. But its controller with six front buttons, some multiplatforms are positively affected by the controller regardless of the graphics being simpler. That controller makes a total difference.
Still the best layout for fighting games. Wish I could have a saturn controller for my Xbox, Id be unstoppable on my fighting games! the D pad was perfect for precise moves in fighting games. having all six buttons on the face makes doing combos less cumbersome too.

I’ll bite.

Banjo Kazooie
Wave Race
Golden Eye
Mario Kart
Mischief Makers
Majoras Mask
Diddy Kong Racing
Smash Bros

The list goes on and on.

Then on PS1:
Resident evil 1 & 2
Final Fantasy 7-9
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy Tactics
Brave Fencer Musashi
Parasite Eve 1&2
Twisted Metal
Metal Gear Solid
Symphony of the Night
Megaman Legends

Well he was talking about how the Saturn aged better, and i tend to agree hard on this. The Sega Saturn is a bubble of 90s Japan. Extremely unique with exclusives to it that are worth playing for one reason or another. I can name 50 games for it that are worth playing today, not 50 million years ago, despite the 5th generation graphics. A lot of Playstation games shared with the Sega Saturn were shit ports in comparison to the Sega Saturn originals, for example. Best to own the original on the Saturn.

Also, it is the holy grail of the retro gaming community and the originals will always retain their value and increase in value over time. Think of it like this. Wen you buy a Sega Saturn video game, you're buying an asset that will always increase in value over time and you can sell it later.

fart town usa

Gold Member
first arcade game i played on the saturn was mk2 and the game paused/hitched so much i thought the disc the damaged.
3d arcade games were a mixed bag. sega mailing everyone virtua fighter remix for free because the original was disappointing is still kinda funny.

but dynamite cop is awesome and so are a lot of fighters (esp. 2d fighters), so most is forgiven.

i have both right here, and maybe it's just my copies, but the saturn plastic feels cheaper and flexes more to twisting/torsion.
saturn 3d controller is a proper beast though. i love its stupid size and shape.

ps1's library has something for everyone (even though im personally not the biggest fan).
top selling game was gran turismo.
in the top 50 highest selling ps1 games, only 5 or so are RPGs.
Yea, I can't speak for MK, was never into that series outside of fatalities.

Sega first party 3D fighters are fantastic and the 2D Japan ones are still stunning. I was actually playing Fighter's Megamix and Vampire Savior last night.

I'm not saying you're doing this but a lot of time in Saturn appreciation threads, people come in and maybe have the impression that everyone is saying the Saturn is better than the PSX, etc. Clearly the PSX is better. What it comes down to is that the Saturn is an awesome machine and when it's strengths were taken advantage of, truly amazing games were produced. Many of these titles were overlooked because of low supplies in NA and many of the best arcade games were stuck in Japan. That's all it is really, just showing some love to a console that is still misunderstood by many gamers.

Dane

First console I've ever played, came out the day I was born if timezone is considered. It introduced me to the world of videogames and wanted one, got a PS1 as the Saturn had already been dead by years.

Used to play hours of Virtua Cop 2 and Daytona USA.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Ah. I will have to replace the battery in the Saturn. So, is it better to save to the cart?
The memory cart? Absolutely keep it.

Just go buy a pack of 2032 batteries, I'm assuming you know where it inserts. Just be mindful, the battery flips up to remove/install. Don't try to pull anything out, just get some thin plastic and pop the battery up and it'll come right out.

I’ll bite.

Banjo Kazooie
Wave Race
Golden Eye
Mario Kart
Mischief Makers
Majoras Mask
Diddy Kong Racing
Smash Bros

The list goes on and on.

Then on PS1:
Resident evil 1 & 2
Final Fantasy 7-9
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy Tactics
Brave Fencer Musashi
Parasite Eve 1&2
Twisted Metal
Metal Gear Solid
Symphony of the Night
Megaman Legends

Ah, but there are tons that N64 and PS1 couldn't match much less run without compromises (see: the aborted Radiant Silvergun port).

Also, your list includes several 3d games that are rough today (*cough*Golden Eye*cough*). Let's face it, those games really needed remastering.

3d on Saturn was rough too. The 2d though, aged like fine wine, and in many cases couldn't be done on the PS1 or N64. At least not without compromises (see: Grandia).

PS1 and N64 = Hootie and the Blowfish. Sega Saturn = Pavement.

I rest my mother fucking case.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Well he was talking about how the Saturn aged better, and i tend to agree hard on this. The Sega Saturn is a bubble of 90s Japan. Extremely unique with exclusives to it that are worth playing for one reason or another. I can name 50 games for it that are worth playing today, not 50 million years ago, despite the 5th generation graphics. A lot of Playstation games shared with the Sega Saturn were shit ports in comparison to the Sega Saturn originals, for example. Best to own the original on the Saturn.

Also, it is the holy grail of the retro gaming community and the originals will always retain their value and increase in value over time. Think of it like this. Wen you buy a Sega Saturn video game, you're buying an asset that will always increase in value over time and you can sell it later.
It really is, at least for me.

I can understand someone being like, "ehh, looks interesting, never played it but always wanted to..." That's how I am with Neo Geo. The people coming in and saying it's trash, aged poorly, etc... Like WTF are they even talking about??? :messenger_grinning_sweat: It is so outrageously ignorant to say that shit about the Saturn on a gaming enthusiast forum. These people clearly have no effing clue what they are talking about. If anything, I wish they lived near me so I could invite them over to play some Saturn. :messenger_beermugs:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Ah, but there are tons that N64 and PS1 couldn't match much less run without compromises (see: the aborted Radiant Silvergun port).

Also, your list includes several 3d games that are rough today (*cough*Golden Eye*cough*). Let's face it, those games really needed remastering.

3d on Saturn was rough too. The 2d though, aged like fine wine, and in many cases couldn't be done on the PS1 or N64. At least not without compromises (see: Grandia).

PS1 and N64 = Hootie and the Blowfish. Sega Saturn = Pavement.

I rest my mother fucking case.
lmfao,

Chris Pratt Oh Snap GIF

Thread theme.

So you played a shit port. How did X-MEN COTA fare on PS1 already ?
sure did, but I cant subscribe to the saturn as a "god-tier" arcade machine.
like everything else, it couldnt keep up with arcade hardware at the time.

the saturn's maybe god-tier compared to an n64 trying to do large-asset 2d games.

I'm not saying you're doing this but a lot of time in Saturn appreciation threads, people come in and maybe have the impression that everyone is saying the Saturn is better than the PSX, etc.
im definitely guilty of being a big wet fart just for the sake of it.

but more to your point, i think it's when people say "best console ever" and stuff like that it, it makes people want to respond/counter/parry/technical.
not to mention... it's the saturn. it's awesome, but also stupid and still fun to make fun of.
sega in the mid '90s: hey everyone, we're going to make a console that's best at 2D, even though our most successful division at the time, the arcade team, is doing nothing but 3D. enjoy!

sure did, but I cant subscribe to the saturn as a "god-tier" arcade machine.
like everything else, it couldnt keep up with arcade hardware at the time.

the saturn's maybe god-tier compared to an n64 trying to do large-asset 2d games.

im definitely guilty of being a big wet fart just for the sake of it.

but more to your point, i think it's when people say "best console ever" and stuff like that it, it makes people want to respond/counter/parry/technical.
not to mention... it's the saturn. it's awesome, but also stupid and still fun to make fun of.
sega in the mid '90s: hey everyone, we're going to make a console that's best at 2D, even though our most successful division at the time, the arcade team, is doing nothing but 3D. enjoy!

True. But IMO the whole perennial PS1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Saturn narrative needed a huge ass corrective.

I mean, again, the generation was 2600 tier when it came to 3d. If the generation had more Saturn-grade 2d across the board, we'd be having a different conversation here.

Top Bottom