• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega to announce new mystery game next week

cireza

Knuckles' Chaotix port.
Chaotix is awesome, and it would offer some variety... I am tired of always seeing the same 4 Sonic games re-released. There are some great games on MS/GG as well, but they never get any attention. 3D and Spinball as well.

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned
Chaotix is awesome, and it would offer some variety... I am tired of always seeing the same 4 Sonic games re-released. There are some great games on MS/GG as well, but they never get any attention. 3D and Spinball as well.

no-office.gif

Far from awesome. Actually, one of the worst games in the series. Pure fucking disgrace of a game. An awful tech demo. Variety? Fuck variety. We had enough of that when Sonic was aping Mario's Galaxy with his trip into the Lost World.

Slow and tethered bullshit Sonic platforming, with old speed ramp designs in the platforming that trap you and make you stop to set up sling shots, janky control to anchor you. It was pure shit of the stankiest kind. Unfit for fertilizer until neutralized, aged, and exorcised by a top ranking priest from at least 2 global-reaching religious orders.

Kokoloko85

Another relaunch of classic games collection/service but will stop after they releae sonic 1 & 2 and not bother with the good stuff and especially on saturn and dreamcast….

Y0ssarian

Banned
no-office.gif

Far from awesome. Actually, one of the worst games in the series. Pure fucking disgrace of a game. An awful tech demo. Variety? Fuck variety. We had enough of that when Sonic was aping Mario's Galaxy with his trip into the Lost World.

Slow and tethered bullshit Sonic platforming, with old speed ramp designs in the platforming that trap you and make you stop to set up sling shots, janky control to anchor you. It was pure shit of the stankiest kind. Unfit for fertilizer until neutralized, aged, and exorcised by a top ranking priest from at least 2 global-reaching religious orders.
Filtered

cireza

Far from awesome. Actually, one of the worst games in the series.
I respect your opinion, and totally disagree with it. I replay Chaotix pretty much every year and have a blast, it is one of my favorite games in the franchise. Usually people who don't like Chaotix are intolerant to change, and are the same that dislike Sonic 3D or even Sonic CD. Because Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Knuckles was not enough copy-pasted formula, we needed even more games with the exact same formula...

Chaotix offers something new. Its stages are maze-like, you have many characters to choose from, and the physics are actually a lot of fun once mastered. Game has gorgeous visuals with changing palettes depending on the time of day, soundtrack is a highlight as well. And the bonus stages are the best seen in Sonic games back then. The 32X actually received a proper, great 2D Sonic game with Chaotix, while the Saturn did not have any. But it did have a great port of Sonic 3D, so at least there's that.

By the way, I am one of these people who actually bought a 32X back then. Even though the console was short lived and considered a failure, it was an awesome introduction to 3D and I still own this console today, with the best games that were released on it.

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned

this-is-the-end-grunting.gif

I respect your opinion, and totally disagree with it. I replay Chaotix pretty much every year and have a blast, it is one of my favorite games in the franchise. Usually people who don't like Chaotix are intolerant to change, and are the same that dislike Sonic 3D or even Sonic CD. Because Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Knuckles was not enough copy-pasted formula, we needed even more games with the exact same formula...

Chaotix offers something new. Its stages are maze-like, you have many characters to choose from, and the physics are actually a lot of fun once mastered. Game has gorgeous visuals with changing palettes depending on the time of day, soundtrack is a highlight as well. And the bonus stages are the best seen in Sonic games back then. The 32X actually received a proper, great 2D Sonic game with Chaotix, while the Saturn did not have any. But it did have a great port of Sonic 3D, so at least there's that.

By the way, I am one of these people who actually bought a 32X back then. Even though the console was short lived and considered a failure, it was an awesome introduction to 3D and I still own this console today, with the best games that were released on it.

It was an awesome introduction to Sega's death spiral and nothing more. Chaotix is awful. No wonder Sega is dead.

Holammer

Shinobi metroidvania made by Motion Twin or a dev of similar caliber, if there's any justice in the universe it must happen eventually.

yurinka

The livestream will happen at 8:00 pm Japan time on June 3, which translates into 7:00 am EDT, 4:00 am PDT, non BST, and 1:00 pm CEST.
Is this hours of difference with Sony's 3rd party focused State of Play?

Last edited:

Elysion

Banned
Dragoons of Arcadia.

The Panzer Dragoon x Skies of Arcadia crossover we’ve all been waiting for. Fly with your dragon through a world made of floating islands, hunt sky pirates, and fight exciting dragon vs airship battles. Coming this holiday.

It’s gonna be some mobile crap, isn’t it?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dont remember much about this game, but was way to easy with the guided red laser. One of those games back then with totally unbalanced OP'ed weapon selection.

Biohazard_box.jpg

Barakov

Gold Member
Source: https://twinfinite.net/2022/05/sega-new-project-announcement/

Sega revealed today that it will announce a new project with an official livestream next week.

The livestream will happen at 8:00 pm Japan time on June 3, which translates into 7:00 am EDT, 4:00 am PDT, non BST, and 1:00 pm CEST.

At the moment, the nature of the game has not been disclosed, but it will be presented by two Sega veterans. Hiroyuki Miyazaki, and Yosuke Okunari.

Interestingly, the announcement was made with what appears to be the image representing a chocolate-covered Sega Genesis controller

Given the shape of that chocolate genesis controller, it's safe to assume this is a new game in a franchise from the Genesis days.

PhaseJump

Banned
When you can't retort, post a GIF. Weakling.

tumblr_orerx7RKoA1ve0mxgo4_250.gifv

Retort to what? Sega somehow not being dead and propped up by new management that took them for their real estate and keeps cycling through bad ideas? That management's son now being the boss? Permanent covid closures around arcade division, retirement pushes, and a skeleton crew of real Sega talent still hanging around waiting to get out? A company that has leaned hard into 60th anniversary marketing to release constant heaps of shit that have a whiff of nostalgia in the product? A company called Sammy, using all the old branding of the corpse it picked clean?

tumblr_pdbaa3y5so1vaqoiqo1_400.gifv

PlaySega? Sega Mobile focus? Genesis Mini? Game Gear Mini? Talks of fog/cloud gaming that are not that far off from pitches to hardware owners that NFT/crypto imbedding is a great idea? Sakura Wars on one platform failure? eSports Virtua Fighter being training wheels for RGG to learn how to port and break fundamental expectations around fighting games in 2022, with no matchmaking, rollback netcode, and no PC/Xbox platform support to keep it alive?

Sega is dead. The "real Sega" talent left to make Shenmue 3 and Balan Wonderworld. Traditional Sega trash that doesn't sell which would have had twice the fanboys diving in front of bullets to protect them, if they had Sega branding, because that's all that is left of the fractured fanbase. Sammy shuffles in and out old Sega management to a few board positions, keeping the fans speculating on what they are going to do next.

tumblr_p4x8lrGIZt1vaqoiqo1_250.gifv

Oh boy! Crazy Taxi! I can't do any Crazy Taxiing in other games these days!

I'm a huge fan of Sega and I will shit on them all day long because of it. The only hope for broad reaching entertainment left in their situation is for them to be acquired by somebody like Xbox or Playstation, if only to witness the fallout of Atlus fans tearing their hair out at the idea of SMT & Persona releasing on platforms they hate.

tumblr_owlqlydPxU1vaqoiqo1_400.gifv

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
This thread is mental.

Sega is announcing a Dreamcast mini on Friday. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
This thread is mental.

Sega is announcing a Dreamcast mini on Friday. That's pretty much all there is to it.

1. Chu Chu Rocket
  2. Crazy Taxi
  3. Dead or Alive 2
  4. Grandia II
  5. Ikaruga
  6. Jet Set Radio
  7. Marvel vs Capcom 2
  8. Phantasy Star Online Version 2
  9. Power Stone
  10. Resident Evil: Code Veronica
  11. Sega Bass Fishing
  12. Sega Rally 2