• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seiken Densetsu Collection videos show Screen Switch Mode, Quick Save, and Music Mode

Decider

Probably a stronger chance of this collection being split up and sold individually on the eShop in the West, with SE monitoring sales to see if it's worth the cost of translating the rest. There's no way they'll take the risk of translating it and physically releasing a complete collection without testing the waters.

Famassu

Probably a stronger chance of this collection being split up and sold individually on the eShop in the West, with SE monitoring sales to see if it's worth the cost of translating the rest. There's no way they'll take the risk of translating it and physically releasing a complete collection without testing the waters.
We have games like Super Bomberman R selling hundreds of thousands of copies at a fairly high retail price. If they were quick about it and released it not-too-late after the Japanese version, I don't see much risk involved.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hoping for an E3 announcement here. This would be amazing. People need to keep pushing for this to release in the West.

Decider

We have games like Super Bomberman R selling hundreds of thousands of copies at a fairly high retail price. If they were quick about it and released it not-too-late after the Japanese version, I don't see much risk involved.
I don't see how Bomberman R is analogous here. The effort required to translate it would not be the same as an RPG and the launch window Bomberman has taken advantage of has been shrinking week by week.

Oregano

I don't see how Bomberman R is analogous here. The effort required to translate it would not be the same as an RPG and the launch window Bomberman has taken advantage of has been shrinking week by week.

Is that true though? Mario Kart has given Switch a massive second wind and there's still no one taking advantage of the rapidly expanding install base.

The Legend guys released their own Mana-style game on mobile recently--it's called Egglia, it's a one-time purchase with no microtransactions and it's coming out in English later this year.

http://egglia.jp/

It's a dry as fuck town simulator though.

I only played it for a few hours, but while the graphics and sound are fantastic, the gameplay is all grindy fetch quests to improve your villagers dwellings, hung on a story which involves chasing some asshole around for several levels until you catch them, they apologize, and they and everyone they've bothered come to join your town.

It's possibly that this formula dramatically changes, but I don't know if I can be bothered to keep playing long enough to find out.

They just need to pull that localization out of their pocket sometime in the next month and they're good to go!

Decider

Is that true though? Mario Kart has given Switch a massive second wind and there's still no one taking advantage of the rapidly expanding install base.
Second wind? It's been out for just under two months. And yes, there are more games for the Switch now than there were on launch.

Top Bottom