• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sen no Kiseki III Confirmed to be a PS4 exclusive title

Wonder if Falcom might port Cold Steel 1 & 2 to PS4 and perhaps Switch as well. It would make sense if they are going to start regretting West more heavily.

Looking at the screenshots for this and Ys VIII, I'd gladly rebuy Cold Steel 1 & 2 (and Ys: Celceta...) on PS4. Shit, charge me a full $60. Whatever. Just gimme.

I dunno how much sense it makes, though, particularly if it's a move to target the West. Considering the games just launched on PS3 not that long ago, is there really enough of a market, between double dippers and JRPG fans who didn't already have a PS3 or Vita?

I think it's possible.... but I think if it was a viable option we probably would have gotten them instead of the original versions.

I think Falcom probably has too much on their plate at the moment to do it themselves before Sen III is out, but maybe once that's out the door they'll be more willing to work on ports targetted towards the West. Be that CS 1 and 2 on PS4 or viable crossbell releases

Squire

Banned
Remote play is junk if you're trying to play anything that uses all four shoulder buttons. Gravity Rush already proved years before the PS4 even launched that the Vita is sort of a trap for 3D games.

CS3 is going to feel great on a DS4.

Fisico

Remote play is junk if you're trying to play anything that uses all four shoulder buttons. Gravity Rush already proved years before the PS4 even launched that the Vita is sort of a trap for 3D games.

CS3 is going to feel great on a DS4.

How many buttons does a turn based RPG need lol.

duckroll

Not many at all, but a 90 hour RPG is going to feel much better on the DS4 based on ergonomics alone. And I say that as someone that likes the Vita form factor a lot.

Why does it matter if it's a 10 hour or 90 hour RPG if the person only wants to lie in bed and play it in short sessions? Lol.

Squire

Banned
Why does it matter if it's a 10 hour or 90 hour RPG if the person only wants to lie in bed and play it in short sessions? Lol.

I played the games in short sessions myself every night before bad, I'm just saying that's going to be more comfortable on console. It's all preference.

IvorB

That's a shame. Playing the first game on Vita now and loving it. Will play the second after and would have been nice to finish it off but I don't think I'm up for it on PS4 unless there is a hell of an upgrade tech-wise to bring it inline with my expectations for a PS4 game. I don't know how likely that is.

asagami_

Banned
That's a shame. Playing the first game on Vita now and loving it. Will play the second after and would have been nice to finish it off but I don't think I'm up for it on PS4 unless there is a hell of an upgrade tech-wise to bring it inline with my expectations for a PS4 game. I don't know how likely that is.

Welcome to the
western
crowd experience
:(

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I would be surprised if
Master Ka-fei, and by extension, Anelace
, don't show up in this entry.

Ka-fei and Barkhorn both
will probably be the big damn heroes of this game.

nonnocere

I'll be curious if the PSN can recognize previous playthroughs. But it gives Falcom a chance to reset the franchise with your love interest.

Psxphile

Rean makes an off-hand comment whilst in a dialogue with a random NPC that
he did have a sort-a relationship during the previous year but it fizzled after he decided to remain at the school. He never brings up their name and it's never mentioned again.

Tohsaka

It looks significantly better than the first two games, and will probably be 60FPS like Falcom's other two PS4 titles so that's good enough for me, personally.

he did have a sort-a relationship during the previous year but it fizzled after he decided to remain at the school. He never brings up their name and it's never mentioned again.

Is that from the new screenshots? Would make sense to have some kind of soft reset to keep the story consistent, since Rean could confess to a girl in CS2, and there's no guarantee that character would even get a cameo..

Psxphile

Is that from the new screenshots? Would make sense to have some kind of soft reset to keep the story consistent, since Rean could confess to a girl in CS2, and there's no guarantee that character would even get a cameo..

Just speculation. Seems like something Falcom would do.

That would honestly be kind of sad considering he has Valimar and there's also the train, which most of the girls don't live more than a few hours from the school. If dude wouldn't even travel a few hours to see a girl, then those girls deserve better than him anyway,
even Alisa (the best one).

Psxphile

That would honestly be kind of sad considering he has Valimar and there's also the train, which most of the girls don't live more than a few hours from the school. If dude wouldn't even travel a few hours to see a girl, then those girls deserve better than him anyway,
even Alisa (the best one).

He neglected visiting his sister or parents throughout CS1 because of his duties. But then he was purposefully
pushing them away then
so I'm not sure what would be his excuse this time. Not that Falcom would even need to come up with one.

Not a fan.

duckroll

Nah, I have it on good authority that you won't see Class VII at all until the mid-point in CS3 where Rean is almost dead and party is wiped out, but when all hope is lost, suddenly your one true love breaks through with the rest of Class VII, and JOSHUA and ESTELLE grapple down from the Courageous MkII and take out the bosses. SORRY WE TOOK SO LONG, BUT WE HAD TO GET SOME REAL BACKUP! ^_________^

If you didn't pair up with a special girl in CS2 or you didn't load a clear save, imagine Elliot doing all of that instead. HAHAHAHA SUCKER!

Alucrid

Banned
Nah, I have it on good authority that you won't see Class VII at all until the mid-point in CS3 where Rean is almost dead and party is wiped out, but when all hope is lost, suddenly your one true love breaks through with the rest of Class VII, and JOSHUA and ESTELLE grapple down from the Courageous MkII and take out the bosses. SORRY WE TOOK SO LONG, BUT WE HAD TO GET SOME REAL BACKUP! ^_________^

If you didn't pair up with a special girl in CS2 or you didn't load a clear save, imagine Elliot doing all of that instead. HAHAHAHA SUCKER!

see i think the right way to go about this is like when you start a mass effect game. when you start a new game it'll ask who he shares a special bond with and the options will be

Elliott
Elliott
Elliott
Elliott
Elliott
Elliott
Elliott
Elliott
Elliott
Elliott
Fuck You
Fuck the Vita
Elliott

Eylos

Banned

Imagine if Elliot became a badass like the father hahaha

PK Gaming

Just a moment

I keep seeing people use the phrase "head pat" when the CANON term is actually "head rub"

YfpFZSZ.png

It's time everyone got their shit together

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I want Elliott to return with a scar over one eye, a perpetual frown, two pistols, and say "damn" and "you couldn't possibly understand my pain" a lot before delving into a flashback where he had to become edgy to survive.

duckroll

I want Elliott to return with a scar over one eye, a perpetual frown, two pistols, and say "damn" and "you couldn't possibly understand my pain" a lot before delving into a flashback where he had to become edgy to survive.

No that's his sister after he tripped into an open manhole and died while they were running from Crop Munchers.

Joshua and Estelle ain't even my top picks for returning characters from Sora.

Schera and Anelace a are who I'd like to see make a return. And Aina for the lulz, I guess.

Also, who are we guessing might have the biggest visual change in look after one and half years ? Everybody's so hard on Elliot, he probably looks like this now.

679230442_orig.jpeg

The character I most want to return from the Sky games is Josette, because she's the best, and we really need to see her being smug in 3D.

Seeing an Aina vs Thomas drinking contest would be pretty fun, too.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

It would not work unless it was a zombie apocalypse, since yknow, that's usually what happens

Voras

I just picked up the first game on Vita. Kinda disappointed that I won't be able to play the third game on Vita but I totally understand why they are going this route.

Nyoro SF

Elliot is the only normal person in a sea full of chuunis and whackos. And he is the egg master. Truly, the most underappreciated Trails hero, right behind the dynamic duo of Anton and Ricky who have been secretly battling against Ouroboros for 7 games.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Great! Just started Trails in the Sky, so by the time I get through to Cold Steel 2, this may be finally localized!

Elliot is the only normal person in a sea full of chuunis and whackos. And he is the egg master. Truly, the most underappreciated Trails hero, right behind the dynamic duo of Anton and Ricky who have been secretly battling against Ouroboros for 7 games.

Pfft. With who's eventually to be his brother in law, Elliot will end up a whacko sooner or later.

duckroll

You know. Everyone seems to think Calvard is like, some eastern style country or something, but every time it is actually described in stories or by other people, outside of the people and customs, you know what the country actually makes me think of? Fucking Wild Arms lol. I just imagine this large sprawling country with more desert than anything else, frontier towns with saloons, cowboys, everyone with guns, cars and bikes, but then you have weeaboos all over who totally look American but dress like samurai and monks. Tea houses next to saloons. A random pagoda inside an industrial complex. Etc.

Nyoro SF

You know. Everyone seems to think Calvard is like, some eastern style country or something, but every time it is actually described in stories or by other people, outside of the people and customs, you know what the country actually makes me think of? Fucking Wild Arms lol. I just imagine this large sprawling country with more desert than anything else, frontier towns with saloons, cowboys, everyone with guns, cars and bikes, but then you have weeaboos all over who totally look American but dress like samurai and monks. Tea houses next to saloons. A random pagoda inside an industrial complex. Etc.

Couldn't agree more with that description.

It's amazing how much of an Eastern influence you can see and is described to you, but then you see President Rocksmith and you're like "this guy just stepped out of a Western cowboy comic book".

Top Bottom