• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senate confirms Steven Mnuchin as treasury secretary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Expected, but nice to see that all non-Manchin Dems again opposed this. I think that's the fourth (near) party-line opposition vote now.

Puzder's nomination might actually he be in trouble, with four Republicans apparently considering withholding support.

Is there any way to get any negative reaction from a trump fan who really really wanted to drain the swamp? It's there any one is his peeps specifically outraged at this?

So much swamp draining....
Nice job voters...

If you had to chose some dude from Goldman Sachs to run Treasury, why the fuck do you choose this guy?

After the housing crash, this fucker set up a company that made billions off of widow foreclosures. That is just pure evil and villainy.

I mean, you couldn't at least find someone who just wanted to get rid of regulation to make risky investments so that they could make a shit ton of money and have their loses be subsidized by the taxpayers? Thats shitty enough, but I at least recognize that as a human being.

Sums up Republicans.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
HnlNlzr.png

You're gonna trigger some Snowden fans. 50% chance thread will devolve into discussions on whether he's a true patriot when that tweet is just a funny snapshot of a simpler time.

Fuchsdh

Is there any way to get any negative reaction from a trump fan who really really wanted to drain the swamp? It's there any one is his peeps specifically outraged at this?

I doubt most Trump voters cared. Especially if you're a low-information voter, how many can name most of the cabinet positions? They liked his "drain the swamp" rhetoric, but they probably never had a real idea of what that meant.

Iksenpets

Banned
Not sure what's going on with Manchin on this one. Going against the banker seemed like one of the situations where he could have sold a no vote to WV voters pretty easily. I can understand why he went for Tillerson and Sessions, even if I think those are both more morally reprehensible nominees than Mnuchin, but Mnuchin seems like one of those rare opportunities where being a Dem and being from West Virginia actually line up nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom