• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi announced due this summer for PS3 and PS4 (Japan Only ATM)

I wouldn't say that about the most recent anime. I felt like it did a fantastic job at taking SB3 various stories and placing them into a single, cohesive timeline of events. I'd love to see one done for SB4 at some point.

I think what people didn't like about Judge End is that it looked uglier/cheaper and basically removed a lot of the over the top stuff everyone enjoyed from the first two series + movie.

sensui-tomo

I wouldn't say that about the most recent anime. I felt like it did a fantastic job at taking SB3 various stories and placing them into a single, cohesive timeline of events. I'd love to see one done for SB4 at some point.

Which sengoku basara 3 are we talking about, the non-historical route or the historical route version? basically who killed hideyoshi? if its date, that was bad, if its toyotomi its better(IMO) , btw was Matsunaga Hisahide in SB4?

Which sengoku basara 3 are we talking about, the non-historical route or the historical route version? basically who killed hideyoshi? if its date, that was bad, if its toyotomi its better(IMO) , btw was Matsunaga Hisahide in SB4?

The movie (The Last Party) went with the Date kills Hideyoshi route. Which made Ieyasu basically second fiddle there.

The third season (Judge End) stuck with Ieyasu killing Hideyoshi.

And yes, Matsunaga is in SB4. Gets even more finger snapping stuff burns happy.

sensui-tomo

The movie (The Last Party) went with the Date kills Hideyoshi route. Which made Ieyasu basically second fiddle there.

The third season (Judge End) stuck with Ieyasu killing Hideyoshi.

And yes, Matsunaga is in SB4. Gets even more finger snapping stuff burns happy.

SB matsunaga really spoiled me in liking a villain, compared to musou's version, heres hoping that capcom can learn to deal with niche sales for once... or importing is going to be a regular occurrence for me as of late(lots of good games to import)

basically removed a lot of the over the top stuff everyone enjoyed from the first two series + movie.
This is why I prefer it to the older anime adaptions. The fights felt more visceral, down to earth and accurate to the games, rather than just colorful lights for DBZ powerups and clashes. Also, there wasn't the aggravating main character bias that led to Date dominating the story like in the past animes.

The End

Judging from what I read on KW, it sounds like all of the content from vanilla SB4 will be included. Which especially makes sense, considering Sumeragi will have a PS4 version and thus, would have no other way to access that vanilla content.

that bodes well for a western release

TreIII

This is why I prefer it to the older anime adaptions. The fights felt more visceral, down to earth and accurate to the games, rather than just colorful lights for DBZ powerups and clashes. Also, there wasn't the aggravating main character bias that led to Date dominating the story like in the past animes.

Preach!

that bodes well for a western release

I'd like to be hopeful...but then again, it's Capcom. And it could be just a matter of them testing the waters and showcasing what will be the ideal home for BASARA's future releases (along with DMC, which caters to segments of the same crowd in Japan).

Sven pretty much said that BASARA was dead outside of Japan, so I'd be REALLY surprised if Capcom wanted to try a third time.

DarkOxygen

Neo Member

They also touched on
Ieyasu's hypocrisy in uniting the country and forming bonds by fighting people
, which I didn't expect.

I finally got to see the full Famitsu article. It appears that Ashikaga & Rikyū will be getting new elements. Also, we are getting new, non-crossover outfits / color swaps and returning characters will get new moves.

TreIII

Thanks to HQ scans over at KW, we got a few more details.

tengumaru said:
Translated tidbits:

- "Sumeragi" is a more japanese-like way to say "king". Ir refers to Ashikaga.

- Ashikaga is supposed to be the strongest character in the series.

- His element is "Trembling". Could refer to things like earhquakes or chills.

- They chose Sen-no-Rikyou even him not being a fighter because they wanted someone who influenced that time, no matter they fought or not.

- Rikyou's multiple personality trait is connected to the concept of "Wabi-sabi", as previously discussed here.

- His element is "Emotion" or "Feeling"

- He is affiliated to the "House of Sen"

- The Toyotomi Army wants him on the charge of trying to assasinate Hideyoshi

- Just like Sakon has 2 fighting stances, Rikyou has "Wabi" (pushes enemies) and "Sabi" (pulls enemies), based on his two personalities.

- He's blonde because he's a psychic, and this has a mystic meaning in Japanese history.

- Maria's element is Wind

- She plays with her enemies like balls and pets

- Kassen Roulette: it appears under certains conditions and has several effects. It can summon giant mechs like Akatsukimaru or bomb troops, and can give you "Tenchin Medals"

- Tenchin Medals can be exchanged for itens like the pallete swaps in the scans

- There will be new character stories

- There will be new skills that can be ONLY obtained through Tenchin Medals

That's it for now.

- http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/single/?p=9941040&t=7325070

New elements for Emperor Char and the new guy, as well as new skills and stories for vets?

Now, I'm a bit more motivated~!

squall23

1. If Ashikaga is supposedly so strong, why was he essentially a punching bag for everybody? Keiji destroyed him in his ending and then they became bros for some reason.

2. So, Hattori Hanzo is still missing after all these years. Ieyasu needs more KIZUNA.

3. Why is Koyasu voicing 2 characters? I know Koei was cheap with multiple characters having the same VA but I never thought Capcom would do the same thing.

4. Azai Nagamasa should be buffed. Huehuehue.

TreIII

1. If Ashikaga is supposedly so strong, why was he essentially a punching bag for everybody? Keiji destroyed him in his ending and then they became bros for some reason.

2. So, Hattori Hanzo is still missing after all these years. Ieyasu needs more KIZUNA.

3. Why is Koyasu voicing 2 characters? I know Koei was cheap with multiple characters having the same VA but I never thought Capcom would do the same thing.

4. Azai Nagamasa should be buffed. Huehuehue.

Re: Ashikaga? Gameplay-wise, it is what it is.

Storywise, it's more ambivalent, as I believe it's suggested that the only reason the other characters even stand a chance against him (and make things more interesting for him, because he's bored) was because he gave up his "Mandate of Heaven" which made his power absolute.

Even without the Mandate, he's still able to do various funky things such as sending Nobunaga off to another timeline so that he can fight himself and Mitsuhide. And the reason he and KG ended up becoming bros was b/c KG was able to teach him the real meaning of being a friend, and it's not just saying "TOMOYO~!" all the time. :lol

Personal Items returning. \o/ Woot.

Now just fix the weapon / item system and get rid of the QTEs (damn waggle to free yourself crap) and we are golden on the gameplay front.

Takao

Banned
Is it still rocking DAT ps2 assets in hd?

if this is how the bullshots look (dat blur)
imagine the actual game

etseKv0.jpg
ZLByge7.jpg
APseOxy.jpg
lpKo68F.jpg
fyrpe6g.jpg
IEkEwef.jpg
XHPnZIq.jpg
fDg18BQ.jpg
y0bfG0g.jpg
aJtkjfi.jpg
8qrJNbu.jpg
KMdTrmO.jpg
59l6Oot.jpg

Chances are very high. However, I don't think Troy will return for Mitsunari. I think that Matthew fellow who's been replacing him these days will most likely do it.

Top Bottom