• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson coming out in EU/NA this Summer

L~A

Edit: FAQ up on Marvelous's website: http://www.marvelousgames.com/senran-kagura-2-pre-order-faq/

Announced via official website. It's coming out this summer in both Europe and North America. Retail + digital for both, plus several editions. In Europe, physical is only via Marvelous' website (for now?).

Gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXKHoSuPpdU
Opening movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksmlW47Mp6I

3DS-Cover-New-Logo_v9.jpg

senran-kagura-deep-cr2ox0s.jpg

SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson is the latest Nintendo 3DS title in the infamous SENRAN KAGURA franchise. For those who aren’t familiar, expect a fast-paced beat ‘em up game with insane combo chains, plenty of playable characters, hilarious cutscenes and an abundance of tantalising action!

The game picks up directly where its Nintendo 3DS predecessor SENRAN KAGURA Burst left off, and follows the Hanzo & Hebijo Shinobi Academies as they battle for good and evil respectively. This time however there is a greater evil at work, as the tyrannous tycoon behind the Hebijo Academy is hell-bent on raining terror across all of Japan by utilising a destructive army of summoned demons! This great danger thrusts the girls together and forces them to unite and work as one in a way the series has never seen before.
Features
In addition to the epic narrative, Deep Crimson takes the SENRAN KAGURA Nintendo 3DS franchise to whole new levels in terms of gameplay and extra features. There are a plethora of upgrades, including:

• Pair Battles - For the first time ever, two shinobi warriors from opposing academies must fight together, and the dual character combo system allows for spectacular and devastating joint attacks.

• Improved graphics and stellar audio - The graphical improvement from ‘Burst’ is dramatic, with full 3D environments, improved animations and a better framerate! This is combined with original Japanese voice-overs to create a gorgeous experience all-round.

• Local & Nintendo WiFi Co-op mode - For the first time on Nintendo 3DS, two players will be able to join forces and play the story or special missions together via ad hoc multiplayer or online.

•Improved Dressing Room - The dressing room is stocked with hundreds of items, and this time up to two shinobi can be present in the dressing room at once! Also, for the very first time in the series you can pose the girls in a variety of positions, and even pose them in real life environments using the Nintendo 3DS' built-in camera!

In North America, the game will be available both as a digital (eShop), and “Double D” retail release (limited run) which will include a two-disc soundtrack.

In Europe, there'll be several editions:

Earlybird Physical Edition (£24.99) – Limited to 50 copies

Senran Kagura 2 at a discounted price

EarlyBird-Physical-Edition-12.jpg

Physical Edition (£32.99)

The standard physical edition of Senran Kagura 2

Physical-Edition-12.jpg

Happy Boobs Edition (£49.99)

A physical copy of Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
2 Disk Official soundtrack featuring selected music from SENRAN KAGURA 2:Deep Crimson
Exclusive Hanzo & Hebijo symbol stickers
Exclusive fold out poster
‘Happy Boobs’ Edition box

Happy-Boobs-Edition-12.jpg

Shinobi Collector’s Edition (£74.99)

All the extras in the ‘Happy Boobs’ edition
Exclusive oppai mouse mat (with 3D boobs)
Shinobi Certificate
Unique Shinobi Collector’s Edition box

Shinobi-Collectors-Edition-10.jpg

Ultimate Shinobi Collector’s Edition (£74.99) – Limited to 50 copies

Everything from the Shinobi Collector’s Edition
Shinobi Certificate signed by Senran Kagura series creator Kenichiro Takaki

Ultimate-Shinobi-Collectors-Edition-10.jpg

DLC also confirmed for the West:

In addition to the core SENRAN KAGURA 2 experience, there are also three separate bundles of DLC scheduled for Western release. If you’ve followed the Japanese version closely you’ll know they are something special!

koutoru

Hopefully this means a full physical release for the US as well.
I don't want to have to buy this on the eShop again.

Happy Boobs Edition (£49.99)
I love how Europe advertises Senran Kagura.

Eolz

Goddammit missed the possibility to make a thread, just seen this in the teaser thread.
See that this was about SK2 in the end! :p

Thoraxes

Couldn't finish the first one because of janky framerate.

That's because it was a low-budget game. Now that boobs have proliferated the masses the subsequent games have been greatly improved on all systems the series comes to.
why does it say NA in the title but I see no mention in the article?

It says XSEED Games, who is responsible for the series in North America.

Also the article says North America.

LiK

Coming later, like in Japan. Probably this fall or early next year.

Burst sold well in EU and got a physical edition before. There's also Marvelous Europe now.
Those editions are probably pretty limited.

not gonna lie, i hope NA doesn't have all those cuz i know i'll buy the most expensive one lol

Didn't this game also include the first bundled in or something, or maybe I'm misrembering that? Anyway, yay for a physical release.

Reknoc

Well, just saw the word crowd funding in reference to their preorders. So it's basically kickstarter tiers to fund the physical release lol.

Zareka

Haha yes, that boxart and LE name.

Dunno if I'll be able to splash out on the limited edition this time though. The first time was a laugh for the shirt but there's actually a good amount of stuff in there. Maybe.

SerTapTap

Hoping NA gets physical too. Already got the JP limited edition for the figures so meh on the LE contents. Would be nice to play this without region 3 though.
Hoping this is the last 3DS game

Didn't this game also include the first bundled in or something, or maybe I'm misrembering that? Anyway, yay for a physical release.

No, SK Burst included the original game and the not-really-sequel expansion pack thing.

Because the 3DS has a larger install base?

Maybe they will do it for Estival Versus?

They're wrong, Vita had a physical release here, 3DS didn't. And IIRC the Vita game sold way better than either 3DS game.

Preordered the early bird version, since I'm not too bothered by the extras. Really hope this does well enough to allow them to do more of these in the future, not least of all because I had to import Shinovi Versus, which sucked as I still had to buy it digitally as well to use DLC.

Eolz

just an aside but if they can do limited physical run for this why didnt they do that for the vita game?

Because this is Marvelous Europe there, and as they said:

Over the last year, we've been delighted to release some great games like SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS and Rune Factory 4 in Europe. Because of limited resources (we're only a very small team and have to operate financially independently from our parent company), we've released these games digitally only.

Although they've sold really well and we’re extremely proud of our achievements, many of our customers have made clear they'd really like us to be releasing physical versions as well.

Those editions are made to order, and won't be in stores. This is basically kickstarter-like.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
This is important:

Will the game be available in shops?
Currently, our plan is to sell these physical copies, and limited editions, exclusively via our websites. If there’s sufficient demand for them, we plan to offer a lot more physical and limited editions directly to customers in future.

Top Bottom