• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus |OT| Summer Life in Your Hometown

Sealtest

Having never played a Senran Kagura game in the past I was hesitant to buy this but after enjoying Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni so much I decided to just take the chance.

No favorite girl yet but Yumi might be it.

FHIZ

Having never played a Senran Kagura game in the past I was hesitant to buy this but after enjoying Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni so much I decided to just take the chance.

No favorite girl yet but Yumi might be it.

I haven't gotten my hands on Estival Versus yet, but if my experience with Shinovi was any indication, you might like this more than Valkyrie Drive. I played a decent chuck of VD and just found the combat to be lacking in comparison, didn't feel as smooth as well (which is possibly due to the limited amount of characters, there are def some SK characters who have a clunkier combat style).

pariah164

It's time.

J2lL1ZJ.jpg

Also, to all ya'll who doubted my sincerity:

AHAHAHAHAHA~

Never put into question my devotion to the bae. Hikage is best girl.

NDPsycho

The lady didn't understand me at first, asking me if the product inside was damaged, told her noooo this is a collector's item and she's like OHHH okay and then put me on hold. After a minute she had a replacement order set for me with a package notice (to make the people in the warehouse package the item better). Also gave me a shipping label to return my damaged one.

But yeah mine got beat up pretty bad. You'd think they would send it in a box or something :/

I picked mine up in store and it was pretty wrecked to. I love the games, but maybe they could move away from the silver foil flimsy boxes. Makes the dents and creases so much more noticeable.

xRaizen

I picked mine up in store and it was pretty wrecked to. I love the games, but maybe they could move away from the silver foil flimsy boxes. Makes the dents and creases so much more noticeable.

I got Shinovi Versus at a GameStop, one of only two pre-orders at that shop back when it released. They were both in impeccable condition.

This one though is so beat up :/

Demoskinos

My one wish is that Puruzi gets nothing but Yumi cards if he picks the English release up. The Schadenfreude would be palpable.

L.O.R.D

The free DLC is available as well so time to get those.

and you can download them even if you don't own the game, which is very good for me.
i will be waiting for a good discount on the game to buy it, i still didn't finished SV.

L9OqU8U.jpg

WHERE IS KAGURA DLC?

NDPsycho

I got Shinovi Versus at a GameStop, one of only two pre-orders at that shop back when it released. They were both in impeccable condition.

This one though is so beat up :/

That's why I got it in store at Gamestop, figured I would be better off...could have saved 20% afterall. Oh well.

My one wish is that Puruzi gets nothing but Yumi cards if he picks the English release up. The Schadenfreude would be palpable.

What did Puruzi do that he deserves such schadenfreude? D: He knows that Cure Marine is the best Precure so he can't be a bad person!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, forgot about that day one patch. Basically, adds Daidouji & Rin, the kissing feature to the dressing room, more multiplayer stages, more Purupuru Finishes (Situation Finishes as they were localized), & bug fixes.

Though DAMN, 4+ GBs? Wish I could have it downloading before I got my copy.

Oh yeah, forgot about that day one patch. Basically, adds Daidouji & Rin, the kissing feature to the dressing room, more multiplayer stages, more Purupuru Finishes (Situation Finishes as they were localized), & bug fixes.

Though DAMN, 4+ GBs? Wish I could have it downloading before I got my copy.

Its worth it, I just finish updating, Rin +Daidouji for free <333
Already playing with Daidouji in the dressing room as I type

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Why are Daidouji and Rin not standard for the base game yet? Haha.
They were added into the JPN version later via patch, & Xseed said they were only able to get to the patch that's on the PS4 disc/Vita cartridge since the Vita cartridge wouldn't be able to hold all of the extra data from said patches & they wanted both versions to be "even" with their on-disc version.

Ultimadrago

and you can download them even if you don't own the game, which is very good for me.

WHERE IS KAGURA DLC?

Man, it's some bull. She's not getting released until a few weeks from now. After seeing some online footage of her it's by far one of my most anticipated characters (along with my favorites, of course).

I don't even care that we're not getting the Ikki girls DLC. Just give me that Kagura!

I was honestly planning to wait a bit before getting this but when I saw only 3rd party sellers selling the Vita version on Amazon.ca I panic bought it at VGP lol.

I also asked my gf to pick it up for me since she lives walking distance to one of their stores. I got nothing to hide lol.

Demoskinos

Its always super dumb to me that they stretch the DLC out so far especially when its already created and out. Fucking just let people buy what they want to buy. You're actually LOSING sales with many people cause I guarantee some people who would buy DLC now won't in 4 weeks when they've been done with the game for over a week.

SerTapTap

Oh so you get the whole school, so there's no way I get yozakura and Ryouna. at least I have a 50 % chance of getting one of them.

DLC schedule is lame, just put it all up IMO. Better than mimicking the Japanese release exactly I guess.

Don't forget you technically have two DLC characters with stories (and granny hanzo) day one for free due to the patches though. Unless you play nothing but this game you probably won't be 100% done before the DLC characters release I guess.

Ultimadrago

Its always super dumb to me that they stretch the DLC out so far especially when its already created and out. Fucking just let people buy what they want to buy. You're actually LOSING sales with many people cause I guarantee some people who would buy DLC now won't in 4 weeks when they've been done with the game for over a week.

I agree. Why do this?

While I hope the game holds my interest for at least that long, I have no idea that it will! So now the DLC I absolutely planned on purchasing initially is at risk of not being bought at all along with a dusty Estival Versus on the shelf in worst case scenario.

Demoskinos

I agree. Why do this?

While I hope the game holds my interest for at least that long, I have no idea that it will! So now the DLC I absolutely planned on purchasing initially is at risk of not being bought at all along with a dusty Estival Versus on the shelf in worst case scenario.

It happened to me with Onechanbara. I was super hyped up for that game and I loved it! I would have bought any and all DLC on release day I was so pumped but they drip fed it out and I was done and grinded out all of the trophies within 2 weeks. And then had absolutely zero reason to go back to the game or purchase any DLC.

Get people up front when they are hyped and super engaged. The business model they have for this stuff is just baffling to me.

Tohsaka

That's my situation. I usually play through a game all the way and move onto the next one afterwards. I will probably have finished it already before the DLC I want is out, so I likely won't buy any of it because of this.

Uthred

Totally agree, its idiotic. Means I'll probably just wait to pick this up until everythings out.

Is there an imposed limit on the number of DLC items that a publisher can hit the store with per week or month? I'm not sure how else to explain it, unless I'm missing something.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My only guess is they wanted people to come back to the game to get the new DLC to play it again, but yes, people tend to be more inclined to buy DLC closer to its release, so I don't know why it's so spread out aside from the reason I mentioned.

I really can't bring myself to get the characters considering from what I understand, they don't have any unique missions or anything, so by the time they come out, I most likely will have done everything, so why play as them if all the stages are cleared?

Top Bottom