• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sense8 (Wachowskis & Straczynski series) will shoot simult. in 7 different countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.newsarama.com/19244-nycc-2013-j-michael-straczynski-spotlight-follow-your-dreams.html

A big announcement from Straczynski wasn't a comic book at all, the Babylon 5 creator is no stranger to TV and he'll be returning to the small screen with Matrix directors, The Wachowskis. Sense8 will be a 10 episode series dealing with 8 characters around the world who become empathically linked. The series will shoot in seven different countries simultaneously with Straczynski directing the London sequences himself. Netflix will host the show, slated for a Winter 2014 release.

The simultaneous shooting reminds of Cloud Atlas' production :p

But.. Jesus! Won't shooting all over the world make it expensive? Can't they just fake it with CGI, foreign actors, etc? Why do they need to physically shoot in different countries? Will like.. landmarks of these countries feature prominently?

Unless I am not well informed and it's possible to actually get it done cheaper this way?

Also I guess if it shoots simultaneously in 7 different countries, then the show will have (at least) 7 different directors. Straczynski already confirmed he will direct (all?) London sequences and the Wachowskis were said they would likely "direct a few episodes", I wonder if other "big names" will contribute.

Ravek

Banned
http://www.newsarama.com/19244-nycc-2013-j-michael-straczynski-spotlight-follow-your-dreams.html

The simultaneous shooting reminds of Cloud Atlas' production :p

But.. Jesus! Won't shooting all over the world make it expensive? Can't they just fake it with CGI, foreign actors, etc? Why do they need to physically shoot in different countries? Will like.. landmarks of these countries feature prominently?

Unless I am not well informed and it's possible to actually get it done cheaper this way?

Also I guess if it shoots simultaneously in 7 different countries, then the show will have (at least) 7 different directors. Straczynski already confirmed he will direct (all?) London sequences and the Wachowskis were said they would likely "direct a few episodes", I wonder if other "big names" will contribute.

Bad thinking. This is part of Hollywoods problem.

Wiktor

If some of those countries are poorer ones and there's a lot of scenes with different actors it might be actually cheaper.

Let's hope the Wachowskis have too.

al6Ysht.gif

Since matrix 1 I have just hated the films coming out from these people. Forget about love, make a hardcore fucking scifi that does not involve love! god dammit.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Bound was dope
The Matrix was dope
Matrix Reloaded was dope
Matrix Revolutions was not dope
Speed Racer was dope
Cloud Atlas was dope
Jupiter Ascending will be dope
Sense8 will be dope

The Wachowskis are dope

Status