• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Kaladin

I watched last week's NXT today and it dawned on me,

Why don't more wrestlers use the cravat? It's a nasty looking headlock variation that you hardly ever see in the WWE.....and I loved Kassius Ohno's cravat submission.

somedevil

Wonder why the women division in TNA has shrunk and not as featured as in the past:

The Wrestling Observer reports that one of the reasons 'some women' have quit TNA Wrestling in the past year stems from the belief that Bruce Prichard, Senior Vice President of Programming and Talent Relations, is not in favor of women's wrestling. This would also explain why the Knockouts division is not as given as much prominence as in the past, with only a few talents being highlighted.

Angelina Love and Velvet Sky reportedly left the promotion on their own accord and the roles of Mickie James, Rosita, Sarita and Winter were greatly curtailed after Prichard came into power last October.

Find it strange when at one point the women segments on TNA were getting the highest rated quarters.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wonder why the women division in TNA has shrunk and not as featured as in the past:

Find it strange when at one point the women segments on TNA were getting the highest rated quarters.

I'm not really sad about losing any of them. There was a time when TNA had Hamada, Roxxi and Melissa and some other great wrestlers, but most of those chicks listed are either mediocre or overexposed.

somedevil

I'm not really sad about losing any of them. There was a time when TNA had Hamada, Roxxi and Melissa and some other great wrestlers, but most of those chicks listed are either mediocre or overexposed.

What I find strange that what TNA was known for was the women's division, Tag Teams and the X-division.

Flash forward to 2012, the women's division is on a major down turn, the WWE has more tag teams now and the x-division is dead since Hogan came in.

edit: Not sure if posted by the Summerslam buyrate is in:

Going into SummerSlam, the idea was that the show was going to either sink-or-swim based on the Lesnar vs. HHH main event. The show was an overwhelming success, doing 350,000 worldwide buys, broken down as 264,000 North American and only 86,000 international. It was the most successful SummerSlam show since 2008.

It seems Brock Brings the North American viewer. Get Ready for the WWE to give him another contract offer. Also, Money in the bank did 196,000 buys.

tm24

I dont think this affects PWG, but still, major TNA policy change

A number of independent promotions have sent word that TNA is no longer allowing their contracted talents to appear on DVDs of indy events sold by those promotions. PWInsider.com is working on confirming that with TNA.
Since 2004, TNA has policy has been that sales of DVDs featuring their talent was OK, as long as the independent promotion was selling it directly themselves and it was not for sale via a third party. For example, XYZ Wrestling could sell DVDs featuring TNA talents on XYZ's website and at their events, but not through Best Buy or Amazon.com. The word making the rounds is that TNA no longer wants their talent to be on any independent DVDs released that are sold online, even if they are being sold by the promotion themselves.

Obviously, this will have a massive ripple effect on where and how TNA talents are booked by independent promotions going forward. It's not hard to assume there will be a drop in TNA talents' bookings out to third parties. The flip side to that is that TNA does run more live events now than in any other time in their history, so while they cycle which talents are working TNA live events, they are providing more dates a week now overall.

PWInsider.com has contacted TNA for comment, but does not expect a response this evening.

I can confirm that story. I was involved in a show with Luke Gallows that was going to be taped for a DVD but they had to bump his match off the taping due to some issues with TNA that came up.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh Enigma, dropping names again. /Chriswok

But really, that's an...interesting thing for TNA to do. Won't win them any goodwill from the indie feds that provide them talent, anyway.

strobogo

Banned
Can't be that big of a deal since TNA talents haven't been on many indie shows for quite a while now. They've been mostly phased out in the past 3-4 years except for the occasional Alex Shelley and Hernandez for some reason.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Then there's Rey Cometa vs Puma King mask vs match which is easily the match of the year so far in Mexico and is just insane. The match starts with an insane dive off the stage and just keeps going

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkRy46VPUSg&feature=plcp

I have nothing to say about this match other than I love it and others should watch it if they are curious about CMLL.

So what is Sara Del Ray's new name going to be?

Ray Del Sol, she'll be dressed in bright yellow clothing and be asked to skip. Let's see if she lasts longer than Low Ki did.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Lol Shazam's pretty neat. Glad WWE shoved it in my face for that one week.

NOT ONLY did it identify the song playing on the radio, BUT it also brought up the lyrics in a spiffy karaoke form as the song played on the radio.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lol Shazam's pretty neat. Glad WWE shoved it in my face for that one week.

NOT ONLY did it identify the song playing on the radio, BUT it also brought up the lyrics in a spiffy karaoke form as the song played on the radio.

I used it a few years ago when it had first come out. Found myself a bitchin Madonna song I had somehow never heard before. I'm a huge Madonna fan, but only up until 1992. Everything since then that Madonna did has been trash.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cut merchandising out of it - was the nWo really good for the business, or did it hold back a ton of wrestlers and put people in bad situations?

Cut merchandising out of it - was the nWo really good for the business, or did it hold back a ton of wrestlers and put people in bad situations?

NWO was fine, it helped everyone simply due to the fact it got people watching the product. The only problem was they had no other idea to follow it up with, so it went on FAR longer that it ever should have.

Winter The Rock is coming

663160981.jpg

Cagey

Banned
"From what I know, Vince McMahon himself, in the agent meeting, the producers meeting, told everyone straight up the dude is out for just two weeks, 'we dodged a bullet and that he's very much in the mix moving forward,'" Bauer said.

Cena coming back soon? McMahon dodged the bullet and it hit the fans dead-on.

Time for that young blue chipper Sheamus to take over for Cena!

Ok ONE MORE GIF and I'm done. This is what you need to do to truly capitalize on the Lord Hentai gimmick:

4trRr.gif

PopfulMail

Just found out that Punk, Lita and Maryse are going to be in town this week for a comic con. Was interested in checking it out until I found out the prices they charge at these things... Really?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just submitted the results of the voting to djsandman for the October OT. Great stuff in there, it doubles as an issue of the GAF Observer. Look for it once the OT goes up.

The MVP, imho, goes to who I feel deserved it as well. Landslide victory for the MVP.

Top Bottom