• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Aiii

So not worth it
Metal Gear Solid is amazing. The fact that it's like a movie you can play only makes it THAT much better.

strobogo

Banned
You must not have seen any other Miz/Cena match, because Cena takes it like a lawn dart every time. And only that move. It's like a video game animation when he takes that DDT. It is crazy.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I see this getting plenty of use, lol.

MvxGJ.gif

And she clearly wants it.

SRnNW.gif

Sokantish

Well I hate cutscenes in Mario games, when Super Mario Galaxy started with a cutscene I couldn't believe it.

Metal Gear Solid is different though, it's so over the top in silly I just enjoy all of it.

G-Fex

I realized that's a cheap plastic black mask.

And here I thought it wasn't cheap.

SMH Kane, your whole outfit is cheap.

Aiii

So not worth it
and now they finally confirmed a movie is being made. It's going to be terrible, I can't wait!

I ignore any and all movie adaptions of video games.

Also, I try to ignore all movie game adaptations as well.

Worked out pretty well so far.

G-Fex

When are we playing G-Fex?

in a little while, I can't go anywhere to day so I guess I won't get persona today. Or the other games I was planning ta buy.

Maybe GAF can help me out.

What should i buy out of these games?

persona is already a lock so possibly one more.

Darksiders II
Sleeping Dogs
Madden 13
90 day WoW subscription

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
in a little while, I can't go anywhere to day so I guess I won't get persona today. Or the other games I was planning ta buy.

Maybe GAF can help me out.

Darksiders II
Sleeping Dogs
Madden 13
90 day WoW subscription

Sleeping Dogs stands head and shoulders above all the others. Do it.

Darksiders II
Sleeping Dogs
Madden 13
90 day WoW subscription

Sleeping Dogs. I was hesitant to pick this up, as I'd heard it can be completed fairly quickly, but I've been having a blast with it this past week, and I'm not near finished yet - really awesome open-world game, a good (if somewhat cliché) story and an excellent combat system.

G-Fex

I forgot I also wanted to pick up Nocturne if I could find it, I miss that game.

Yeah probably sleeping dogs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I had to be pushed into Sleeping Dogs also, so keep that in mind. I went in expecting trash and was just so content. Felt like the first time I played GTA3, when everything was fun and neat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I played the demo of Sleeping Dogs and didn't like it.

To be fair it really isn't a good demo, if you can Redbox it for a day you'll likely fall in love. The combat is my least favorite part of the game but some people do dig it.

Laserfrog

No no, get Sleepy Dogs! I like the combat specially when you've found the health shrines and have some of the moves unlocked.

Metal Gear Solid is amazing. The fact that it's like a movie you can play only makes it THAT much better.

I feel ill because this is the worst thing to happen to gaming, that said I don't mind MGS games, well except 4, what a load of hooey.
Replayed MGS1 last week in fact, starts off great, falls to pieces with cinematic overkill towards the end with barely any actual game left but all in all it's good stuff, I do need that HD collection though to finally play Snake Eater.

Oh yeah wrestling, it's cool stuff.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I feel ill because this is the worst thing to happen to gaming, that said I don't mind MGS games, well except 4, what a load of hooey.
Replayed MGS1 last week in fact, starts off great, falls to pieces with cinematic overkill towards the end with barely any actual game left but all in all it's good stuff, I do need that HD collection though to finally play Snake Eater.

Oh yeah wrestling, it's cool stuff.

orsonwellesapplauding.gif

A few ROH matches signed;

• September 8th, Charlotte (TV taping)
    • Jay Lethal vs Adam Page
    • Mike Mondo vs QT Marshall

• September 15th, Chicago Ridge - Death Before Dishonor X - iPPV
    • Tadarius Thomas vs Silas Young
    • ACH vs Kyle O'Reilly

Nice, looking forward to seeing both matches at DBDX - Tadarius Thomas impressed me on the Milwaukee show, and he should have a good opponent in Silas Young, really glad to see Silas being used more as he's pretty underrated, imo. ACH vs O'Reilly should be good too, looking forward to seeing how ACH does in his ROH debut.

He's right

and when they started that stupid PRESS X HERE during cutscenes and shit or that god of war button sequences it was just...terrible.

hence one of the reasons I soured on modern games.

This is the absolute worst. Cut scenes are tolerable if they're spaced out properly and I can treat them like diva's matches (bathroom break, get a carrot, etc.). Don't make elements of the game reliant on my paying attention during the non-game parts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is the absolute worst. Cut scenes are tolerable if they're spaced out properly and I can treat them like diva's matches (bathroom break, get a carrot, etc.). Don't make elements of the game reliant on my paying attention during the non-game parts.

I'll never forget the time I decided to scratch my balls during an RE4 cutscene.

Withdrew my hand from my saq so fast I almost drew blood. HORRIBLE.

jmdajr

You sir, are incorrect.

We're talking about a girl that owns every character from the first MGS as action figure after all.

I thought we had firmly established the legitness of AJ's geekiness already?

Do we have photographic evidence?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I realized that's a cheap plastic black mask.

And here I thought it wasn't cheap.

SMH Kane, your whole outfit is cheap.
When he first returned it was real metal, but it kept falling off, so they replaced it with plastic so it could have a chin strap and all that.

G-Fex

When he first returned it was real metal, but it kept falling off, so they replaced it with plastic so it could have a chin strap and all that.

Oh, that makes sense then.

So true true

Man I'm doing so badly at UMVC3.

I can't even form a team I like. I'm awwwwwwwwwwwwwful.

bangai-o

Banned
so how bout that Heart of the Swarm? That Goliath model doesnt look good to me. I hope its not final.

videogames!

Sokantish

No matter how bad you are at UMVC3 remember one thing, there's always people who are worse. Like me! I quit that game after a day.

XenoRaven

Whatever team you pick will be better than mine because I use Chun-Li.

You know, I feel really bad for Jack Swagger. I don't know of he did something wrong or people just don't like him or what. When I saw him on RAW after a commercial break I was happy. I'm like "Hey! Jack Swagger's on RAW!" Then Ryback's music hit and I lost my smile.

I really want to see Swagger make a major comeback. He could go on a major winning streak and they could call it "How Jack got his Swagger back." That's a reason to tune in right there.

Whatever team you pick will be better than mine because I use Chun-Li.

You know, I feel really bad for Jack Swagger. I don't know of he did something wrong or people just don't like him or what. When I saw him on RAW after a commercial break I was happy. I'm like "Hey! Jack Swagger's on RAW!" Then Ryback's music hit and I lost my smile.

I really want to see Swagger make a major comeback. He could go on a major winning streak and they could call it "How Jack got his Swagger back." That's a reason to tune in right there.

I'm up for this, Swagger's style was always one I liked mixing a slight power game with mat wrestling, his title run was pretty awful though so I think people forget that he's not actually that bad in the ring.
But WWE seemed intent on trying to remind us of Kurt Angle with him, and now we have the most ineffective ankle lock finisher ever that has succeeded at like making 2 or 3 non jobbers tap if that.

I love the MGS franchise, but let's be real. It's not a "movie you can play," that's Uncharted 2. MGS is half movie half game. Some people love that, some people don't. I happen to enjoy it as long as it doesn't get ridiculous like the end of MGS2 and MGS4.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I only liked MGS 3 because it's the closest thing to a First Blood game.

If someone else tried it, i'd probably like it more than 3.

XenoRaven

I'm up for this, Swagger's style was always one I liked mixing a slight power game with mat wrestling, his title run was pretty awful though so I think people forget that he's not actually that bad in the ring.
But WWE seemed intent on trying to remind us of Kurt Angle with him, and now we have the most ineffective ankle lock finisher ever that has succeeded at like making 2 or 3 non jobbers tap if that.
This raises an interesting question. Who has a more effective Ankle Lock, Swagger or Michael Cole?

Top Bottom