• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile DLC Announced

The M.O.B

http://www.devolverdigital.com/post/26842155048
Croteam and Devolver Digital have announced Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile, an all-new series of missions for the blockbuster gonzo-shooter Serious Sam 3: BFE that is set to release on PC October 2012. The explosive new expansion will contain three new campaign missions set within the story of Serious Sam 3: BFE and follow Sam “Serious” Stone as he tracks down a powerful artifact on an ancient island to swing the tide of battle against Mental’s invading alien horde.
Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile follows the legendary hero to the mysterious Temple of Isis on the island of Philae where a monstrous temple guardian lies in wait. Set in the midst of the main Serious Sam 3: BFE storyline, gamers will battle through three new campaign missions against the unrelenting hordes of Mental’s forces including the re-introduction of two familiar monstrous faces. Sam’s arsenal of awesome expands as well as the two secret weapons from the main Serious Sam 3: BFE storyline – the laser gun and sniper rifle – make their way into the spotlight in Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile.
tumblr_m6wmxokVsU1r0208w.jpg

I was hoping for something besides more desert.......

Tain

Day one, blind as can be.

Serious Sam 3 is, without exaggeration, the best first person shooter in the past decade.

Raptomex

Just beat the SS3 main campaign yesterday. Was playing all day. Shit was intense. I'll definitely get this DLC.

FACE

Banned
I really enjoyed Serious Sam 3, but the by the last level I was feeling fatigued so this DLC better add some much needed variety to the game.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
DLC of the year incoming.

Also glad the sniper rifle will be a main gun now, not a secret. I could never fucking find that thing.
iglkF0XN2316o.gif

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Totally stupid how underrated it is. PC GAF got no cred.

I just recently built mine! I will definitely be buying it, but I'm waiting to see if it'll be on the Steam sale.

Also, I loved the first one, but the second left a lot to be desired. So I was a bit hesitant at buying right away.

Riggs

Banned
Great game, terribly programmed. CPU bound like a mother fucker, uses 40%-50% of GPU when it should be utilizing much more. Never seen a game run this bad on good hardware.

I7 960 @ 3.2ghz
6GB ram
GTX 680 2GB

All about that processor w/ this game. I love it, wish they could fix the frame rate issues but it would require rehauling entire engine most likely : (

M3d10n

The last mission (before the last boss) was fucking intense. Good thing I waited until I upgraded my CPU before playing it, because I'm certain my old PC would have died with so many enemies at once.

epmode

Great game, terribly programmed. CPU bound like a mother fucker, uses 40%-50% of GPU when it should be utilizing much more. Never seen a game run this bad on good hardware.

I7 960 @ 3.2ghz
6GB ram
GTX 680 2GB

All about that processor w/ this game. I love it, wish they could fix the frame rate issues but it would require rehauling entire engine most likely : (
Hm, I get excellent performance with a system that's comparable to yours:

i7 2600k 3.4ghz (OC'd to 4.0)
8GB RAM
GTX 570 1.25 GB

Aside from the most insane sections, I get a solid 60 FPS at 2560x1600. I don't keep up with PC hardware so I'm not sure how much better my CPU is than yours.

Jaxter09

I will be buying this just to show my support for Croteam. I wish we had more PC developers like this, SS3 is built ground up to take full advantage of the platform, has beautiful graphics and probably the most performance customization options in any game. Not to mention they released one of the best FPS for $36 (I think)

On a sidenote (spoilers)
SS3 has one of the best final levels ever. The monster count is just absolutely jaw-dropping, and it keeps ramping up. It's just bliss when they start dumping cannon ammo, and you are cutting through literally hundreds of enemies at once.

Riggs

Banned
Hm, I get excellent performance with a system that's comparable to yours:

i7 2600k 3.4ghz (OC'd to 4.0)
8GB RAM
GTX 570 1.25 GB

Aside from the most insane sections, I get a solid 60 FPS at 2560x1600. I don't keep up with PC hardware so I'm not sure how much better my CPU is than yours.

I am max everything except super sampling, it never goes below 35 dps at worst. It's just some levels. Your CPU rocks btw. Crysis 2, BF3, witcher 2 run way better. I can take graphics to low to ultra in SS3 and minimal fps change on trouble levels. Do some googling all CPU bound. Fucking great game its small dev team though, just optimizad poorly like a mofo.

I'll be there, day one

Serious Sam 3 is a glorious first-person shooter, and you owe it yourself to play it if you haven't. The shit is NEVER coming out on consoles, so stop waiting and grab that master race version.

SriK

One of my favorite games of the last few years, so I'll be getting this day one and I sincerely hope Croteam keeps giving me opportunities to throw more money at them. It sucks that the first hour probably turned some people off it.

Raptomex

I'll wait for the Romancing the Stone dlc. I have no doubt it'll be way better than Jewel of the Nile.
Lol, I never heard of Jewel of the Nile until a few years ago and after watching 30 min of it I turned it off and wish I still never knew about it.

The M.O.B

Haha, desert accounts for like 85% of the environments in the "Encounter" games

Wha? The Second Encounter had barely any desert/sand areas. It had a bunch of aztec-ish forest areas and snow. Thus it is the best Serious Sam game due to the variety in the environment.

(We shalt not name that other SS game)

Wha? The Second Encounter had barely any desert/sand areas. It had a bunch of aztec-ish forest areas and snow. Thus it is the best Serious Sam game due to the variety in the environment.

(We shalt not name that other SS game)

I've started played Serious Sam 2 and I am finding it HILARIOUSLY bad. While it is worse in every way to First and Second encounter, the humor is so fucking terrible that I can't help but laugh at how horrible it is.

I've started played Serious Sam 2 and I am finding it HILARIOUSLY bad. While it is worse in every way to First and Second encounter, the humor is so fucking terrible that I can't help but laugh at how horrible it is.

There is no Serious Sam 2, There's only TFE, TSE and BFE!!! all others are NOT CANON

I still dont get the Hate for Serious Sam 2.

I really liked it, because the enviroments kept changing all the time. First the tropical setting, then later some garden, then some asian setting, then some fantasy setting.
Really loved it.

Sciz

I still dont get the Hate for Serious Sam 2.

I really liked it, because the enviroments kept changing all the time. First the tropical setting, then later some garden, then some asian setting, then some fantasy setting.
Really loved it.

The setting diversity is fine, but everything else is not.

-Levels are much tighter and shorter in general
-Loot is hidden in destructible objects so you have to go around chainsawing half the environment to get it all which messes with the pacing
-Enemies are uninspired and unsatisfying to kill
-Bosses are almost all gimmicky puzzle bosses
-Vehicles are overused and tend to lower the depth of the gameplay whenever they're around
-Weapons look and feel cheap, and have a few exploitable bugs to boot

They spent three years making it and it turned out halfassed all around.

I don't think I've ever been bothered to play much past the horrible first few levels of Serious Sam 3. That game makes the worst first impression. If it suddenly becomes amazing I'll go back to it, but I'm sceptical.

People were telling me how it improves, but I was just thinking "I could be having fun now instead of muscling through this generic rubbish." Very disappointing.

But, you know, I had fun with it on co-op, a bit. It's just that I was saying to my co-op partner "is it after this level that it gets really good?" and he'd be like "Yeah, this is the last one like this" and then it wasn't and he'd be like "no wait, this is the last one"

I will give it another go.

Sciz

SS3 takes 4-5 levels to really get going, unfortunately. Right around when you get the Mutilator, if memory serves.

Raptomex

I preferred the setting and environments of TFE and TSE but the gameplay is much better in SS3. However, why they removed some enemies and guns is beyond me. The Reptilioid was awesome, so was that lizard-like enemy in TSE. And the laser gun. Why? I love the assault rifle but there was no reason to remove that.

Top Bottom