• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sheepy - A short Adventure. Best game of 2024 so far is a Stream freebie

Hohenheim

Damn, i'm kinda blown away by this game. Released as a free game on Steam this february, I randomly heard about it on a podcast recently.
Amazing atmosphere, tight controls and beautiful pixel art.
If you enjoy Inside, Limbo, Ori etc.. well, do yourself a favor and play this gem of a game.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

the usual metroidvania style indie game, with a depressed atmosphere? No thank you
Well, it's not really a metroidvania. More like Inside / Limbo, with the tight controls like Ori. Not at all depressing. Just beautiful. I tend to struggle to enjoy those "usual indie metroidvanias" you describe, but this hit straight home for me.

Skifi28

Best game of 2024

HYVOQQn.jpeg

Damn, i'm kinda blown away by this game. Released as a free game on Steam this february, I randomly heard about it on a podcast recently.
Amazing atmosphere, tight controls and beautiful pixel art.
If you enjoy Inside, Limbo, Ori etc.. well, do yourself a favor and play this gem of a game.

Thanks , I'll be downloading! Overwhelmingly positive reviews!

Holammer

Played it to completion and yes, it deserves the praise. Pixel art and music are top notch, the platforming super tight.
In fact, the pixel artists are really splurging and showing off in places. It's a short & sweet treat.

What’s the catch?
There's no catch, but Sheepy does sell the OST and you can donate money via KO-FI. Developers occasionally release games for free. It can be student games or game jams and usually they put em on itch.io, but sometimes they pony up the 100$ publishing fee and put it on Steam, for our convenience.

Like Bloody Hell, a clever metroidvania. It was made by Dutch students and released for free. Like Sheepy, it's also very well received.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?

Works if you force Proton 9 (Beta) or Proton Experimental. You also need to change the control scheme (Gamepad Template works fine).

Finished it tonight. It's much more of a bite sized Ori than it is a Limbo/Inside as it has more mechanical tricks up its' sleeve. It certainly doesn't wear out it's welcome and I'm a little surprised they didn't flesh it out a bit more and monetize it.

Top Bottom