• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 Kickstarter (PC/PS4) Thread 2: New KS Record at $6.3m

What if Shenmue III is bad?

wHP5zCH.gif

02be2071e087ca36e31945cabd25805520150402132047.gif

After believing this was a pipe dream, I'll take anything

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Seeing these numbers makes me wonder how much a kickstarter for an actually popular franchise would make?

like Sonic, if it ever was the case that one was needed

IrishNinja

My greatest, paralyzing, fear is that any of these high-profile dreams come true might not deliver. What if Shenmue III is bad?

look at the lineup on the KS page - there's all kinds've ways this could've gone half-assed (god, one gaffer wanted telltalle to do it...), but nearly all the right names are attached to this.

if this goes bad, it won't be because of the delay - this looks like we're really getting his original vision here. couldn't be more hyped.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Once the kickstarter is over I'm so going on a Shenmue 3 media blackout. People who post threads about new details released on the game had better make super vague titles for them!!

Seeing these numbers makes me wonder how much a kickstarter for an actually popular franchise would make?

like Sonic, if it ever was the case that one was needed

As well as Sonic does in retail, I don't think a Kickstarter of it would do well. We aren't starving for Sonic games. Maybe if Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima teamed up for a spiritual successor.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Okay what the fuck is up with both of the Trailers for this game... they are both hillariously bad.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

dolabla

Holy crap, wasn't it in the 4 million range just two days ago? I've never played a Shenmue game before, but I gave $60 for the cause. Pretty awesome to see it rise like that.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
for real, Mega Man & CV were/are tremendously more popular than shenmue, i'm still amazed we beat both

Popular like Castlevania? :p

As well as Sonic does in retail, I don't think a Kickstarter of it would do well. We aren't starving for Sonic games. Maybe if Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima teamed up for a spiritual successor.

short of a FF7 remake, what game has a large enough starving fanbase to surpass this if it had a KS?

Haunted

Okay what the fuck is up with both of the Trailers for this game... they are both hillariously bad.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.
No trailers have been made yet.

Don't read too much into the minute of prototype/target footage they've shown considering that the project hasn't even entered production yet.

Really looking forward to these phone conversations with characters from 1&2. Should lead to some interesting moments catching up with some of them.

6ifAf4h.jpg

Top Bottom