• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherilyn Fenn is returning to Twin Peaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a week late on this news but thought it was worth sharing as I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere here, great to have confirmation, Fenn was certainly a holdout for awhile there. Apparently she will have a prominent role too.

Great news for Twin Peaks fans — I’ve learned that one of the most popular characters in the original series, the troubled femme fatale Audrey Horne, will return in the new season for Showtime. No one is commenting but I hear Sherilyn Fenn, who played Audrey, has signed on to reprise the role that’s expected to have a major presence in the new installment.

http://deadline.com/2016/01/twin-peaks-sherilyn-fenn-cast-audey-showtime-1201678613/

Jim Belushi is also joining the cast, his role is unknown as of yet though.

Sources tell us According to Jim star James Belushi has been added to the show’s cast, which reportedly also includes returning Peaks stars Sherilyn Fenn, Miguel Ferrer, Sheryl Lee, and Lynch regular Laura Dern, in addition to announced series star Kyle MacLachlan. Normally we’d be leading off with the new casting, but Showtime (via Lynch) has a policy of not confirming any Twin Peaks casting. “I would not hold my breath for an announcement of all the casting of Twin Peaks,” Nevins told reporters dryly. If true that Belushi’s on board it’s an interesting addition: the actor was in ABC’s miniseries Wild Palms, which was perceived by some as inspired by the success of Twin Peaks.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/13/twin-peaks-2017

And lastly, a user on the fan site dugpa that supposedly has contacts close to the production has heard The Man From Another Place will be in several scenes as well. Whether Michael J Anderson is reprising the role hasn't been confirmed but I can't imagine anyone worthy of filling those shoes.

I know who Belushi is playing, and it's not Bob. Ha ha ha. Or at least, that's not his character name.

I've also gotten a tip that TMFAP is indeed going to be in several scenes that have yet to be filmed.

http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2920&start=4200

giphy.gif

Menome

So...did she survive the end of Season 2, or are we getting a Black Lodge version of Audrey?

I don't see how you could get away with
a bomb going off six foot from you
but this is Lynch we're talking about here, so if anyone could think up a way...

So...did she survive the end of Season 2, or are we getting a Black Lodge version of Audrey?

I don't see how you could get away with
a bomb going off six foot from you
but this is Lynch we're talking about here, so if anyone could think up a way...

I could draw you a diagram... but the jist of it would be that the bomb went off inside a bank vault, and she was strapped to the open door of the bank vault. The force of the explosion wouldn't turn 90 degrees out of the door, but shoot out through it much straighter.

This explosion and blast of expanding gases could leave Audrey alive, while still blowing out the windows upstairs. Another way of looking at it, would be to imagine being next to an explosion, but having a shield made of six inches of steel, that was fixed in place.

I could draw you a diagram... but the jist of it would be that the bomb went off inside a bank vault, and she was strapped to the open door of the bank vault. The force of the explosion wouldn't turn 90 degrees out of the door, but shoot out through it much straighter.

This explosion and blast of expanding gases could leave Audrey alive, while still blowing out the windows upstairs. Another way of looking at it, would be to imagine being next to an explosion, but having a shield made of six inches of steel, that was fixed in place.

Huh, that's a pretty good breakdown. Hope for a not horribly disfigured and bedridden Audrey restored!

Sp3ratus

Neo Member
Great to see a lot of the old cast being on board with this. Really can't wait to watch it next year.

Jim Belushi is an interesting choice. I mostly just know him as a comedy actor for his role in According to Jim, but I thought he did a fine job in Show Me A Hero, even if it wasn't the biggest role he had. I'm optimistic about casting him in a role on Twin Peaks.

Huh, that's a pretty good breakdown. Hope for a not horribly disfigured and bedridden Audrey restored!

When I said 'alive' I didn't say unscathed.

He is not, heart breaking as it is. They have Robert Forster coming in to replace him as the aged Truman.

It has not been confirmed who Forster is playing.

Although, people I spoke to who were on set watching the filming say
that he is not playing Truman. The rest of the sheriff's office were all seen filming however. Lucy, Andy and Hawk all on set in costume.

mcz117chief

I was really bummed out by her fate in the TV show.
I hope she isn't just some ghost or something like Laura was in the original

Didn't we already know this? Or maybe I just assumed she would return since she was in that video of the Twin Peaks actors showing their support for David Lynch during the whole Showtime kerfuffle.

This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO934i9uO1c

She had been sending her own cryptic back and forths on twitter, a lot of it was pretty dramatic about her not getting enough respect, sorta alluding to it not happening for her. This was post Lynch being confirmed back on board btw, like around the time they were filming in Washington.

I was really bummed out by her fate in the TV show.
I hope she isn't just some ghost or something like Laura was in the original

It's time for another lookalike cousin!

This was one of the things I wanted the most out of this season :(

Same :/ His story was one of the most intriguing parts of fwwm, short as it was.

Well this is encouraging news:

First, the network had previously confirmed that the drama was pushed back to 2017. But now Nevins says co-creator David Lynch has shot about half the season and announced the show will return in the early months of next year.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/13/twin-peaks-2017

Also already have about 25 mins edited together:

Nevins told us in the post-panel scrum that he’d seen about 25 minutes of cut-together footage in an editing room. Pressed by EW on what it was like to watch those minutes, Nevins said, “It was stupendous. It was incredibly exciting. I don’t want to sit here and overhype it, but I was incredibly excited. You definitely felt like you were in the hands of a master.”

Like the Showtime honcho is gonna say any different, still nice to see they're already putting things together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom